Food that makes you feel terrible.

Options

Replies

• nsnchz
    nsnchz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I feel gross for days after a night of drinking. Not because of a hangover, but because I feel 5xs bigger after. Not to mention all dieting goes straight out the window the following day because I feel like a black hole, unable to fill up. lol
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Fake sugars make me nauseous.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have foods that they cannot eat because it just makes you feel rotten? I have some that I avoid for this reason. I may find myself with a heart rate that is both hard and fast after eating certain things, also I may get a tremble going on in my fingers. I will be tired feeling. Kind of Wired but tired I guess is a good way of describing it? Who else avoids certain foods because of discomforts like this that follow?

Wheat and white rice in the wrong quantities does that to me, especially tremors and the hard heartbeat.

I like bread and rice though. Ain't that a b?
  • MaepleT95
    MaepleT95 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Fast food, I don't know why but I ate arby's one time with my dad, came home and had a sudden "attack" of breathlessness and intense heat, I don't know if I was allergic but I am never eating there again, it was scary. Also I don't like hamburgers, white cake gives me an upset stomach, and raw broccoli smells so bad I won't eat it. lol:) As a general rule, processed, and sugary foods make me feel "wired" but at the same time lethargic, eat clean and you'll feel clean I guess, ( but sometimes I don't follow that rule well).
  • amyplaysflute
    amyplaysflute Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Movie theatre popcorn with lots of butter! It used to be one of my favorite treats but now I can't even eat it without feeling nauseous later in the evening. Of course, I still eat it but it makes me sad that I can't enjoy it as much.
  • SStruthers13
    SStruthers13 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Fast food, greasy food, artificial sweeteners and poor quality food. I just feel ill or like something is wrong. Salt makes me feel bloated.
  • LaurenAmberFierce
    Options
    McDonalds and KFC
    and recently Cafe Nero's Hot Chocolate...I used to love that stuff but since I started cutting down on the sugar I haven't been able to drink it without feeling ill
  • imageaddict
    imageaddict Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I used to think I had an iron stomach too, but then I discovered the relationship between my Hashimoto's hypothyroidism and gluten. I dropped bread and pasta from my diet, along with dairy and a lot of other stuff that is off limits during the allergen elimination diet. I've been on it for 3 months, and now I'm at the place where I'm ready to start testing things to see whether they elicit a reaction. Honestly, for a lot of things I am thinking I'd be better off to just live without them. I'm eating healthier now than I've eaten in ages and I'm about 10 or 15 lbs from my goal weight.
  • mrscarolbernard
    mrscarolbernard Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I think it 's maltitol that used as a sweetener in a lot of sugar-free stuff that a lot of people can't tolerate. Gas, etc.
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms. I have a genetic mutation that makes me unable to break down one of the molecules that's prevalent in them.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    fresh pineapple. I adore it, but the stomach gas isn't worth it.
    Omg i feel so bad for you! It's pretty much the most divine thing in the world!

Ontopic: i don't get nauseous fast, but i do get it when eating french fries from time to time. Love the taste, but hate when that feeling comes creeping around the corner. Other then the hating yourself feeling when eating something nasty i don't have actual physical problems.

I loooove fresh pineapple, but I am allergic to it! It makes my mouth and lips itchy...I would be lying if I said I didn't eat it anyway, though!
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    KFC. My tastebugs occasionally crave it, but I know that it will sit like a ball of dark matter grease in my gut for days and cause all sorts of angry body reactions for at least three days.

So when the tastebugs start asking for it, I just slap them with a rotisserie chicken instead.
  • endlesswonderr
    endlesswonderr Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    most fast food. and as much as I love it, I always feel sick to my stomach after an Indian buffet. It's probably because I can't control myself and end up over eating. :(
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms. I have a genetic mutation that makes me unable to break down one of the molecules that's prevalent in them.

I used to love mushrooms, but then I dissected a brain. There is a part of the brain at the back that looks a hell of a lot like a sliced mushroom when you slice it...can't stomach them now :sick:
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Anything baked and containing white flour. It makes me crave sugary stuff and i go on and on eating, it makes me feel heavy and lazy and off track. Trying to avoid such foods, also pasta, i buy wholewheat pasta, brown rice and such.

But on occasion and in small doses i guess they can be okay.

Anything baked with white flour gives me major belly-ache for about 6 hours.
  • ApocalypticFae
    ApocalypticFae Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    - white flour products!!!!
    - too much coffee
    - sesame
    - excess processed sugar and dairy
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Samoa cookies (they made me sick)
    Ramen noodles
    Mojo Bars (they made me sick)
    Pineapple (they make my tongue feel terrible)
    Easy macs
    Frosted pretzels (sick)
    Pringles
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I like crisps (or "chips") but they give me awful migraines.
  • angelahammon
    angelahammon Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    yesterday i had a sausage in batter and chips from the chip shop, which i enjoyed and had before starting mfp, well after i ate it my stomach felt like it was going to explode, was really tired and this feeling is still with me today. I will not be eating this again ,
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I can't eat gluten because it makes me feel bad plus I get these little blisters on my fingers, brain fog and I cant concentrate. I discovered my own intolerance after helping my 19 year old daughter realize she was intolerant to it. I was in denial for a little while longer.

Worse than gluten for me (both in how I feel and in sorrow over not eating it anymore) is potatoes. If I eat potato in any form I feel like someone has beaten me all over my body. It hurts so bad I can't even sit still! Much as I love potatoes I just won't eat them anymore. Someone suggested that if they weren't organic I might be reacting to the pesticides in them but it hurt so bad I don't even want to test the theory.

Then there are foods I'm actually allergic to that have tried to kill me. I avoid those for obvious reasons.