Food that makes you feel terrible.

Options

Replies

• Elegra2006
    Elegra2006 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Bananas - makes me sad as they're sooo good for you but give me the most horrendous long lasting digestive pain. If they're cooked in something (ie. banana bread or cake!!) then I'm fine. When I was a teenager, I failed my chemisty exam as I'd had an energy boosting banana at breakfast time then could barely operate to write in my exam.

Same goes for raw prawns/crayfish - need them to be cooked to oblivion or again get terrible pain.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Eggs being deprived of their yolks.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    In reply to OP. I won't deny myself a takeaway every now and then, especially if I've been working hard and I know I'll work extra hard the next day to cover the extra calories. The actual food, however, that makes me feel the most terrible, hands-down, is Chinese food. Sometimes I'll have a burger as a hangover cure the next day, but the same afternoon I actually feel pumped to go to the gym and work it off, but if I have Chinese the night before, I get the worst dehydration and such a sluggish 'eurgh' feeling as soon as I've finished eating it.

I know why this is, etc, that's just my answer to the question!
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    this thing is fricken amazing, until it kicks in.

LN_039387_BP_11.jpg

its a lemon yum yum from waitrose in the UK. honestly, they contain so much sugar and saturated fat that when it hits your bloodstream you feel nauseated and slightly weak.

Typical values Per Portion
    Energy 2006 kj
    Energy 483 kcal
    Protein 5.19 g
    Carbohydrate 30.21 g
    Sugars 23.00 g
    Fat 37.95 g
    Saturates 17.49 g

I used to have 2 of these for breakfast regularly. regretted it every time. but still did it again. I'd probably still eat one now, but only a quarter at a time!

Jesus WEPT, that thing is the devil incarnate.
  • joytron
    joytron Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of fruit so I get tons of sugar that way, and no problems, but if I eat sugar in the form of chocolates, cakes, cookies, ice cream, candy, and the like I get stomach pains, sometimes severe ones. For minute amounts too, like ONE forkful of cake that I might eat so as not to appear rude. Fortunately I don't like the taste of this type of sugar and so it's fairly easy to avoid it.

Open question: Does anyone know why I get stomach pains from the sugar in a cake and not, say, the sugar in ketchup, which I adore and have fairly often? Would love some insight or to hear if anyone else is the same way.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    this thing is fricken amazing, until it kicks in.

LN_039387_BP_11.jpg

its a lemon yum yum from waitrose in the UK. honestly, they contain so much sugar and saturated fat that when it hits your bloodstream you feel nauseated and slightly weak.

Energy 2006 kj
    Energy 483 kcal
    Protein 5.19 g
    Carbohydrate 30.21 g
    Sugars 23.00 g
    Fat 37.95 g
    Saturates 17.49 g

I used to have 2 of these for breakfast regularly. regretted it every time. but still did it again. I'd probably still eat one now, but only a quarter at a time!

Jesus WEPT, that thing is the devil incarnate.

sometimes I'd have one of those, and one of these. god. this is so how I got fat. 1000 calories easily for breakfast. I might have had a butter or almond quassaint too.

butterscotch pecan yum yum

LN_069628_BP_11.jpg

Energy 2281 kj
    Energy 547 kcal
    Protein 6.76 g
    Carbohydrat 50.60 g
    Sugars 20.36 g
    Fat 35.31 g
    Saturates 13.6 g 15.64 g
    Fibre 1.27 g
    Sodium 0.276 g

this stuff made me feel sick when ate it. what a junkie!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Physically terrible: I have a digestive disorder, so any food that triggers it (dairy, gluten) is a food that makes me feel terrible. Really sugary and/or greasy foods can make me feel ill as well. The smell of McDonald's actually triggers nausea.

Emotionally terrible: I have no "emotionally" terrible foods and eating has never made me feel ashamed or guilty.
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Cheese and anything with cheese in it.
  • mrdexter1
    mrdexter1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Shop bought quiche.

it has something in it to pad it out that makes my stomach burn with hunger and no matter what i eat after it doesnt go away for hours.

Aside from that macdonalds is never a good experience !
  • MizPassion
    MizPassion Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I would say most foods served at fast food restaurants make me feel terrible. I may temporarily feel good, but I feel horrible afterwards. I don't like a lot of processed foods (especially meats). I also can't stand greasy foods. I only drink water or my own smoothies. The juices I used to drink no longer tastes the same. It just tastes like sugar and water. I also can't stand foods coated in sugar (e.g. donuts). My unhealthy food cravings are slowly decreasing...even for ice cream!
  • projectvanity
    Options
    Carbohydrates. It doesn't matter in what form they are either. Fruit, veggies, grains, baked goods, etc. They all make me feel bad if they have more that 15 grams of carbs per serving. I get brain fog, digestive issues, my hands and feet swell, my insulin spikes like crazy.

Oddly enough, table sugar doesn't bother me at all, I don't get it.
  • ferniejoy
    ferniejoy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Too much coffee or alcohol. Otherwise, I can eat anything, even fatty or spicy foods in moderation.
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I have to avoid cheese and onion omelettes. Especially if cooked in sunflower/olive/vegetable oil.
  • linalovekitty
    linalovekitty Posts: 187
    Options
    I have a few

1. too much animal meat, esp red meat, makes me feel ill. that's why I cant do paleo style eating bc by day 1 I feel DISGUSTING. on the flip side I feel great whenever Ive done vegan cleanses.

2. asian restaurant food. even the "healthy" options. I get bloated and thirsty waaay too much sodium

3. any frozen dinners even organic

4. egg yolks
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of fruit so I get tons of sugar that way, and no problems, but if I eat sugar in the form of chocolates, cakes, cookies, ice cream, candy, and the like I get stomach pains, sometimes severe ones. For minute amounts too, like ONE forkful of cake that I might eat so as not to appear rude. Fortunately I don't like the taste of this type of sugar and so it's fairly easy to avoid it.

Open question: Does anyone know why I get stomach pains from the sugar in a cake and not, say, the sugar in ketchup, which I adore and have fairly often? Would love some insight or to hear if anyone else is the same way.

I doubt it is the sugar then, it is probably the flour/wheat in the cake...
  • Buff2022
    Buff2022 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    DAIRY!

Yogurt is the only thing I can tolerate.
  • lisahewitt22
    lisahewitt22 Posts: 102
    Options
    Any spicy chips make my stomach churn but I love them so much! :sad:
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Anyone tried ATkins' bars? They have these Endulge bars and also Advantage meals bars. They taste like candy and it's alright for a sweet treat but if I have more than one, my stomach HURTS and end up with lots of gas..
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Anything extremely greasy, unfortunately. I love greasy food. =/

Then there's frozen foods. Most of them make me ill now.

And pretty much anything from a gas station. lol
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Sausage nearly always gives me GI troubles, which I actually consider a good thing because I love most sausage and would probably eat it more often if it didn't. I usually eat hot Italian or choriso sausage once or twice a year.