You know you're fat when...

Options

Replies

• chunkadoo
    chunkadoo Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    When you order a diet soda with your super-sized value meal lol.

This times a million. Darn you McDonald's! :sad:
  • Natvee
    Natvee Posts: 65
    Options
    When a random man in the street yells at you "hey fat girl" what a motherf@ker lol that made me cry!

What an a**!
    Sorry that happened to you.
  • lovingmyreflection
    Options
    When you wear out the thigh area of your favorite jeans.
    When you have to pull your shorts down every 5 steps because they're riding up.
    When you only sit in the back of your lectures so the people behind you can't see your fat legs spilling over the chair.
    When your only comfortable pants are yoga pants but they don't look good on you so you wear yoga pants.
    When you're embarrassed to go work out because of how much you weigh.
    When you only wear sweatshirts and t-shirts, nothing fitted.
    When you sweat so much from doing nothing that you can only wear dark colors.
    When you hate taking pictures.
    When someone on campus yells at you that you're fat.
    When you don't weight yourself because you're afraid of what you'll see.
    When you can't wear dresses because you're thighs run together.
    When someone yells out of their car window, "She got a big booty, so I call her big booty." (okay this is semi-funny :tongue: )

I could go on and on and on!

I am so over feeling this way, that's why I am making a lifestyle change! :smile:
  • gigi_RN2013
    gigi_RN2013 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    You suck in your tummy when you stand on the scale.
    You weigh yourself BEFORE your shower.
    You unbutton your jeans as soon as you get home.
    You hope getting a haircut might show a little loss on the scale.
    Scales at the doctor's office are inaccurate...after all...you are fully dressed.

That's why u come prepared when u go to the docs office. U wear a light dress and flip flops u can take off before u go on the scale (expert! Lol)
  • ctpeace
    ctpeace Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Just an observation:
    Some of these are just physical realities and we're working on them. I've experienced some of them and many of them are just NSVs waiting to happen! (I just realized I don't do the pillow thing anymore, and it made me feel great!)

Some of these you can change today by letting go of your own insecurities (me too, no judgement). Decide to step out and take a risk, be in the photo, go to the gym and know that you "belong", go out with your friends, smile etc.

A HUGE step in my journey has been finding confidence, I've seen many people lose weight and actually become less happy! Lots of people think they'll be happy or people will like them more or they'll be more successful or whatever once they're thin, but you're still you, and that can be a let down for some people. If you can be confident NOW, chub and all, the svelte figure will just be an added bonus; but please don't wait to be thin to live your life to the fullest!
  • missybct
    missybct Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    When you get told repeatedly "Well, if you lost x stone you'd be really pretty"

:huh:

(oh, and all of the above)
  • Natvee
    Options
    You suck in your tummy when you stand on the scale.
    You weigh yourself BEFORE your shower.
    You unbutton your jeans as soon as you get home.
    You hope getting a haircut might show a little loss on the scale.
    Scales at the doctor's office are inaccurate...after all...you are fully dressed.

That's why u come prepared when u go to the docs office. U wear a light dress and flip flops u can take off before u go on the scale (expert! Lol)

Oh I come prepared! But that dress adds at least 10 lbs...didn't you know? lol!
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    search?q=fat%20gif&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.46471029,d.cGE&biw=1366&bih=629&noj=1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=DCCTUfLsLIeAiwKC24HgAg#imgrc=v00QTRzUpIEWVM%3A%3B6qOKtSHbFulWJM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252F24.media.tumblr.com%252Ftumblr_mdr4mn9oCA1rjhbn2o1_500.gif%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.tumblr.com%252Ftagged%252Ffat%252520gif%3B500%3B281
  • Natvee
    Options
    Just an observation:
    Some of these are just physical realities and we're working on them. I've experienced some of them and many of them are just NSVs waiting to happen! (I just realized I don't do the pillow thing anymore, and it made me feel great!)

Some of these you can change today by letting go of your own insecurities (me too, no judgement). Decide to step out and take a risk, be in the photo, go to the gym and know that you "belong", go out with your friends, smile etc.

A HUGE step in my journey has been finding confidence, I've seen many people lose weight and actually become less happy! Lots of people think they'll be happy or people will like them more or they'll be more successful or whatever once they're thin, but you're still you, and that can be a let down for some people. If you can be confident NOW, chub and all, the svelte figure will just be an added bonus; but please don't wait to be thin to live your life to the fullest!

Agreed. I've been taking more photos than ever. Tomorrow isn't promised, and that is a reality. Question, what is a NSV?
  • gigi_RN2013
    Options
    Non scale victory !
  • MizPassion
    MizPassion Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    you force your butt into stretchy pants so you can lie to yourself about your pants size
    you wear very tight clothing to convince yourself you're actually that size
    your nostrils flare at any pants that don't stretch in the clothing department
    when buttons from clothing brand your skin
  • MissNordicLight
    MissNordicLight Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You wear the same two outfits all the time, either it's at work or a night out, because nothing else fits.

You change into sweat pants as soon as you get home.
  • lbmore33
    lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    the obvious is there facing you...no one needs to tell you
  • gigi_RN2013
    Options
    When you have to lie down and suck your gut to fit into the deadly skinny jeans lol
  • SugarQueen_x
    SugarQueen_x Posts: 117
    Options
    When Mount Everest tries to climb you.
  • peaceissues
    peaceissues Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    When you wear a shirt and shorts to the pool and then after its time to get out you hesitate because of how your big stomach looks under that soaking wet black shirt.
  • MizPassion
    MizPassion Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    When Mount Everest tries to climb you.
    funny!
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    You have to tie the fat bow. You know on your tennis shoes the bow is on the side. I hate that. But, I am still not going to wear Velcro shoes.
  • chelcdub
    chelcdub Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You avoid the mirror and no longer are a shopaholic
  • aeg176
    aeg176 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    BUMP