I'm curious, what's your experience with Gaydar?

Options

Replies

• MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I just live off the assumption that all women are comfortable going both ways. ( Quote)
    [/quote]

NO, most of us are not interested in swinging both ways. At all. Ever. A few women maybe, but.... that's some male sexual fantasy.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteous
    Options
    I just live off the assumption that all women are comfortable going both ways.

NO, most of us are not interested in swinging both ways. At all. Ever. That's some male sexual fantasy.
    [/quote]

Whatever. Females fantasize about it too.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

NO, most of us are not interested in swinging both ways. At all. Ever. That's some male sexual fantasy.

shh.gif
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I have a "don't really care about someone's sexuality"dar...
    You! I like you
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options

[/quote]

Unwarranted generalization. I love sex, but with another woman...? Gah. Ewww. No. Not a fantasy. HUGE turn-off.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    i have excellent gaydar. its in tip top working condition!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

Unwarranted generalization. I love sex, but with another woman...? Gah. Ewww. No. Not a fantasy. HUGE turn-off.

Um, aren't you the one making unwarranted generalizations there by saying "most women"... right.
  • kaylaandthestarcatcher
    Options

Um, aren't you the one making unwarranted generalizations there by saying "most women"... right.

My thoughts exactly.

I know PLENTY of ladies who are bisexual or pansexual. Just because you might not know them all, don't assume that "most" women might not be interested in more than one sex. And there's nothing "ewww" about it, either. Everybody's just people.
  • Stargrace2
    Stargrace2 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have a "don't really care about someone's sexuality"dar...
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of you are misinterpreting the point of this. Obviously, there are many more things than just gay and straight, and obviously, you're not going to be able to "tell" 100 percent of the time. Also, no one said anything about actually giving a **** whether anyone is gay, straight, or otherwise, so all you "Who cares if they're gay?!" people can stop trying to find things to be offended about :flowerforyou:

this... so sick of all this sensitivity and whiney butt crap! we are all adults here... just because some of us can tell when someone is gay, doesnt mean we think negative about them, it just means some people are more in tuned with others beyond the societal generalizations of male and femal expectations. so what!
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school I had a crush on a friend named John. He was throwing a party so we went downtown to a bar - a notorious gay bar - to ask someone to buy beer. Everyone in the bar knew John's name. Later at the party several of John's friends who didn't attend our high school showed up; these friends included a guy in assless leather chaps and a 400 pound man in full drag.

None of this clued me in to the fact that John was gay. So my gaydar .... not strong.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    When I was in high school I had a crush on a friend named John. He was throwing a party so we went downtown to a bar - a notorious gay bar - to ask someone to buy beer. Everyone in the bar knew John's name. Later at the party several of John's friends who didn't attend our high school showed up; these friends included a guy in assless leather chaps and a 400 pound man in full drag.

None of this clued me in to the fact that John was gay. So my gaydar .... not strong.

This the funniest forum post I've ever read!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of you are misinterpreting the point of this. Obviously, there are many more things than just gay and straight, and obviously, you're not going to be able to "tell" 100 percent of the time. Also, no one said anything about actually giving a **** whether anyone is gay, straight, or otherwise, so all you "Who cares if they're gay?!" people can stop trying to find things to be offended about :flowerforyou:

I'm offended that you are telling me to stop being offended.
  • QueenGyn
    QueenGyn Posts: 106
    Options
    Obviously I don't have it because I am still in love with Lance Bass.

And I still adore Matt Bomer and Matt Dallas :blushing:
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I was talking with some female friends and we all agreed that there's a certain sixth sense that tells us, within seconds, when a man is gay. I can usually tell by observing a guy's walk or by his voice. Strangely, I don't experience the same "gaydar" thing with other women and I can't distinguish a gay woman from a straight one.

Just out of curiosity, who on here believes that they have Gaydar? Do you have it just for the opposite sex, or for your own sex as well?

thing about gay dar is, girls think they have it, but they sooo don't. just cause you've seen an episode of will and grace or the L word doesn't make you some kind of gay detecting savant.

sorry. stereotypes dont work. try again.

I've never seen either of those shows, and never claimed to be a savant. What were you saying about stereotypes?
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I do not have this gaydar. I have been very surprised in fact, at a few friends who came out. I never would have guessed.
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I have good gaydar. With women too. I need bisexual-ar though. This one I am not so good at.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    I have terrible Gaydar. When ever I think a guy is gay turns out he's straight and just wanted to touch my boobs.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    My gaydar is spot on. With men I can usually tell by the way they walk, talk, dress, etc. With women I can tell by whether or not they are attracted to me.
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I can always tell when people are gay before they even admit it or know it themselves. I was friends with a boy all through middle and high school, and as soon as I met him I knew he was gay, though he insisted he as not and that was "gross." He finally came out junior year and I was like like, no ****, Sherlock.

Same with another guy I was friends with. He was obviously gay (unfortunately that didn't stop me from having a huge crush on him, so frustrating!) but he didn't come to terms with it until last year.

My fiance's little cousin is 6 years old and I just know he's gonna be gay. Or transgender. It is just so obvious to me and my fiance. Unfortunately his parents are those types like "no son of mine is gonna be a *kitten*" and how if any of them were a "*kitten*" they'd be disowned. Sad, really.

Sounds like karma served one up nicely to the parents.