Replies

• SinomenJen
    SinomenJen Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    NOM NOM NOM I love pizza!
  • cchamil1985
    cchamil1985 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    In honor of this thread I went and had pizza today after I missed lunch, that cracker thin crust is awesome, and so was the deep dish. yum yum yum!
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    right ..one medium pizza from Domino's is like 2000 calories...that is some peoples intake for a day ...

if you make it yourself then that is different ..

but to go pizza has an insane amount of calories in it...
    Who the hell needs to eat an entire pizza...

Screenshot_2013-05-15-20-47-58-1_zpsf3d0b4d7.png
  • Zumaria1
    Zumaria1 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Wow! People have an unhealthy view of food. Pizza isn't a food, it is a food concept. You can't say Pizza is unhealthy because I could show you 20 recipes for very healthy pizza that give you fiber, protein, low amounts of fat and the entire 9 yards. Domino's version of pizza is HORRIBLE for you. Doesn't mean you can't fit it into a macro or have it once in a while and be fine, but it really doesn't have much in the way of redeeming qualities. My wife and I make pizza about once ever couple weeks. Right now because we have been very busy we have been using a Naan bread each, I put light alfredo sauce on (1 T = about 12 calories and is all I use), 1/2 oz parm and 50g of red grapes, match this up with a spinach/romaine salad with peppers and I have a pretty good low calorie meal. When we make a crust we make a partial whole wheat crust.

So before we say Pizza is horrible, so is burger, so is chicken, so is .... but only when prepared in specific ways with specific recipes that make it horrible. Heck Cod is horrible if you bread it, slather it with butter and lemon and dip it in tartar sauce. There is no junk food, just junk preparations of food. But there are some people out there who will never be convinced. Demonizing food is a sure way to fail in having a healthy relationship with it.

I agree with this.

Not all pizza is equal. A slice or two of a chain pizza place will not kill you and you can still lose weight, but its not the best food either. I can't even eat Pizza Hut anymore, I bloat up like the Good Year blimp, no clue as to why. I also live in the NJ area, and love the Mom and Pop real Italian pizza places that do homemade pizza, where they still toss the dough in the air, its yummy. We usually order the thin crust with just cheese, at home I will eat with capers and Sricha hot sauce, its so good. I don't do this all the time, just once in a while.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    right ..one medium pizza from Domino's is like 2000 calories...that is some peoples intake for a day ...

20121219-comic-how-to-cut-a-pizza.gif
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    This forum really needs to change its quote function. A quote should only quote the immediate previous post you are responding to, not the last 5. It's a mess.

^this

(...heh heh....here we go!)

Sounds like something for the technical support forum.

Agreed, that's better suited to the Help section than this thread.

I like the blue boxes though, they really draw the eye.

QFT

I like the elegant pin-stripe effect on the sides. Tres chic and slimming, too.

Ok, so maybe I went overboard this time.

Anyone else seeing a topographical pyramid being created?

I think the inner box is there to represent the appx. size of pizza that comprises the "single serving" you should be eating!

In for the quotes.
    In for... um...

Yeah... I eat pizza a lot and haven't died. Yet.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    From what I've seen, pizza is probably one of the few foods that have all four food groups involved.

But the recipe can be tweaked....

--use an English muffin for a pizza crust.
    --LOTS of veggies.

Who's got more ideas?
  • projektai
    projektai Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    New York pizza is the best pizza. <3
  • JayStu
    JayStu Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    From what I've seen, pizza is probably one of the few foods that have all four food groups involved.

But the recipe can be tweaked....

--use an English muffin for a pizza crust.
    --LOTS of veggies.

Who's got more ideas?
    use whole wheat pita cut through the middle
  • SarahSmilesCA
    SarahSmilesCA Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    everybody that eats a pizza dies.

FACT

Yeah but FACT
    Everyone dies...even vegans who never touch animal products...

I would not do it all the time but 2 slices of thin crust pizza can fit into MFP just fine once a week if you go to a place like Red Brick and read the pdf calorie menu, most slices of pizza there are under 200 calories. I know what is in my pizza and it is nutritionally dense, not just fat loaded. I eat 2 fire roasted thin-crust slices that have tons of veggies along with meat (protein) and cheese (calcium, protein and sustained fat, saturated fat is not bad, just keep it in line) and tomato sauce (lycopene and Vitamin A) add a small Greek Salad and I stay under 650-800 calories. It is around half my daily calories but it is doable and sometimes worth it when I really am craving some pizza.

I work out...so I have no problem eating pizza sometimes, but it is not all the time and I stay in my calorie range.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I Guess I Don't Really Understand The Whole "It's Full Of Fat" Thing Either. I Really Struggle To Meet My Fat Macro, And I Can Relate Some Of My Hormonal Problems To That. Sometimes I'll Fit Pizza In Just To Help Meet That Macro....Dietary Fat Does Not Equal Body Fat, And As Long As It's Not Trans Fat I Don't Care!
  • karrielynn80
    karrielynn80 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Okay, i'm probably gunna regret posting in such a (mind you completely pointless & heated) debate - but really?

Is the worlds mindset so screwed up that marking pizza or any food as bad = being good nutritionally speaking? Food is not BAD - yes there are people that shouldn't eat certain foods, yes there are certain foods (at a simple level - i.e. as unprocessed as it gets) that are better than others, but there is almost NO food out there, that in itself (and i say almost, b/c i have not sample every food out there -but i'd like to omit that) can make you fat, or give you diebetes, etc...

Here's a thought YOU have a problem - not the food. And i'm not meaning to be critical of anyone in particular - but 99.9% of the time if you are overweight it is b/c or YOUR lack of discipline - not any food.

I eat pizza. i eat ice cream. i eat cookies & chocolate & (: O ) potato chips!! but here's the thing, i also eat meat, low fat cheese, tuna, other fish, chicken, fruit, veggies (when i have to), etc. And you know what all of those things can be just as bad, if i pile on the butter & cheese & other YUMMY things. Also, sometimes i eat a LOT of those unhealthy items, or sometimes i eat a little... what's the difference b/t me & someone @ 30% bf? - i have disciplined myself to not do that everyday for every meal.

if marking pizza as a bad food makes you feel better, great. but how about realistically marking your eating habits as bad too, so you have a more realistic perspective on life. ? . end rant

**i'm going back to counting down the minutes from now til this evening when me & my hubs enjoy "thirsty thursdays" - where i intend to eat a HUGE bloody steak, some white (yes white) potatoes, and probably an appetizer or two, maybe even a mixed drink... but guess what, up until that point, i'll consume my weight (more actually) in protein grams... water... and very low fat & tmrw morning i'll jump right back to that mindset. b/c i know how to balance myself.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options

20121219-comic-how-to-cut-a-pizza.gif
    I lol'd.
  • SDHudgins1976
    SDHudgins1976 Posts: 140
    Options

FACT

Yeah but FACT

I would not do it all the time but 2 slices of thin crust pizza can fit into MFP just fine once a week if you go to a place like Red Brick and read the pdf calorie menu, most slices of pizza there are under 200 calories. I know what is in my pizza and it is nutritionally dense, not just fat loaded. I eat 2 fire roasted thin-crust slices that have tons of veggies along with meat (protein) and cheese (calcium, protein and sustained fat, saturated fat is not bad, just keep it in line) and tomato sauce (lycopene and Vitamin A) add a small Greek Salad and I stay under 650-800 calories. It is around half my daily calories but it is doable and sometimes worth it when I really am craving some pizza.

I work out...so I have no problem eating pizza sometimes, but it is not all the time and I stay in my calorie range.

Dunno about anyone else but I took that post as being a little tongue in cheek to point out that...
    Everyone dies.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options

FACT

Yeah but FACT

Dunno about anyone else but I took that post as being a little tongue in cheek to point out that...
    Everyone dies.

Yeah, so did I. I think it must have gone over that person's head a bit... Oops!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

FACT

Yeah but FACT

tumblr_lydxzdrSB31qjtaubo1_500.png
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Is this too much pizza for my dinner?

30-inch-carnivore-pizza-challenge-atlanta.jpg
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Is this too much pizza for my dinner?

30-inch-carnivore-pizza-challenge-atlanta.jpg
    Fish eye lens and that guy is tiny.

No.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options

I LOL'ed and I <3 this. Thank you :)
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options

FACT

Yeah but FACT

tumblr_lydxzdrSB31qjtaubo1_500.png

ROFLMAO!!! <3 you.