HELP! Should I date three more??

Options

Replies

• 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Troll level 10/10. Should change her name to Dr. James Russels.

I don't understand this. Who is that?
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you shouild learn to love yourself a little before you expect someone else to love you. Biological clocks are no excuse for marriage. I also second the comments on Chris being a bit controlling, what he is doing is being jealous and controlling,
    You are very young and have many more years of dating to do.

Good Luck
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    Options
    Don't get wrapped up in stupid magazine rules, I've never read whatever magazine you're going on about but I imagine it being something along the lines of cosmo and their stupid relationship rules. If you feel like you need to go date 3 more dudes to make sure you wana marry this guy then you're obviously not ready.

ALSO I think the new bf lied to you to break you and the old bf up.

Wow. Wired is like Cosmo? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Wired is a magazine about science and technology.
  • GhostinthePC
    GhostinthePC Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I personally don't believe in the "Date 12 people" theory. You said you are 26 and your biological clock is ticking....yup for 9-10 more years your eggs are still good, even then the expiration date isn't stamped on them to expire the next year...you have time to be a mom..

First off, You broke it off with dude #1 because dude #2 told you something that was unfounded....what makes you think he didn't sabotage yours a dude #1's relationship?

Second, if he gets jealous and asks about PM's and texts, yada yada....he's got insecurity issues. He's afraid someone will swoop in and grab you like he did....huge red flag.

Third, You have trust issues. I do believe you posted that. Dude #2 is continuing your trust issues because he swooped in and made you trust him because he saved you from dude #2....but now he doesn't trust any other male connections you have ergo, he will force you to implicitly trust him and he will screw you over...continuing the trust issues down the rabbit hole...

Fourth, You said you have a scientific mind. Science has nothing to do with you decisions about relationships. Allow me to explain: If you approach all situations with a theoretical mind, how can the theory become reality? or are you more experimental? I would venture to guess you are more theoretical in your approaches, because if you were experimental....this post would not exist. I digress....I think you are over-analyzing the approach to relationships. Relationships are complicated. It is also trial and error. Don't buy into the hype of 12 relationships BS....if you've had 9 relationships....you already have an idea of what you want and what traits and qualities that mate possesses.

Don't let your brain control your heart or your heart control your brain. Allow them to be used together....you will know.

But I will say this....you have doubts about Dude #2....you and I both know it.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    Options

Aw, that wasn't very nice.... :frown:

Says the woman who attacked someone yesterday for having miscarriages.

Please stay out of my thread if youare just going to pick a bone with someone else.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

He did not move in! We still live in separate apartments.

Well, there is your problem. How can you really know someone without moving in with them? I think that moving away with him is a wonderful idea. He'll be your only social life, in a new place, and hopefully sharing a home. You probably won't even have a job at first, so you'll have plenty of time together. It's the perfect way to really get to know each other!

Ignore the haters, everyone is different. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Have a great adventure!
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    didn't read anything past page 1

Chris probably lied to you and if you left someone over what other people were saying without sitting down and talking to the person..well ehh.

2 months and planning on moving?

No offense but the quota , breaking up with other's over potentially nothing, moving after 2 months.

I think you need to grow up a little before making a huge commitment to anyone!

If the new city has a job for you and you can move into YOUR OWN apartment and still date this guy then potentially but if you move in with this guy you won't be able to leave the house without a chaperone.
  • Beastmode454
    Beastmode454 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Well_that_escalated_quickly.jpg

jon-stewart-popcorn11.gif

LMAO!
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Chris is an insane liar who lied to you about Simon cheating. He did this so he could have you to himself, and now he wants to trap you forever. Run back to Simon, but do it slowly. Stop for 3 guys on the way.

I wish you nothing but success on your journey.

HAHAHA.... soooo this!!!!!!!!!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options

Whaaa? What happened?
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

tumblr_m81efoicir1r927dro1_500-gif.jpg
    yeah... I think you need to go back and reread that thread... I was there yesterday too

The posts were deleted by the mods...
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I'm so sick of all these people saying "relationships are hard work and you have to put in sweat equity everyday and it takes sacrifices by both parties blah blah blah".

Frankly, no they aren't. The more compromise and work you have to put into a relationship increases the likelihood that you probably picked the wrong person. Some people can make a relationship last by putting in effort everyday, but I just don't have the patience or endurance to fight daily for something to work out. My wife and I have an almost effortless relationship. It's seriously the easiest relationship we have ever been in because we don't have to struggle to make 2 unmatching pieces fit together. My parents have told me the same thing. If you are working hard to keep a relationship together, the relationship wasn't right to being with.

THIS THIS THIS. My boyfriend and I have been together for two years and we've never had to "work" for our relationship. It's pretty much effortless. Now I'm sure we may eventually have struggles, as most couples do, but most people I know are in relationships where every day is a struggle or a compromise, but it's fine because they're "in love" - I think that's just plain wrong.

Also, the more I read the original post the more I'm convinced this is a troll. Well played, OP.
  • vstraughan
    vstraughan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I think you've all been had.

I had that same thought, but it's like a train wreck, I can't stop watching.

This! Oh so very much. Someone please pry this out of my hands now!
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Will he take you to Denny's?

THAT is the real test..
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    Options
    I said I checked and found no proof. That doesn't mean it didn't happen, it means he just didn't leave tracks. OR maybe he was totally innocent, again, I can't be sure. But that's why I had to break up with him: I couldn't be sure and the not knowing was really killing me.

Ironic that you didn't need any proof to dump Simon for Chris, but in the face of evidence that Chris is a control freak and potential abuser, you insist on being with him.

I don't insist on being with him. That's the purpose of this thread. To get opinions from people who actually are trying to be helpful and who I appreciate. I'm just weighing my options, but of COURSE I am upset that people are assuming the worst about Chris. Frankly, I think I'm doing a good job of being reasonable here because so many people are saying he's going to abuse me, and I'm not seeing that. I could fly off the handle and get mad about that but I am ignoring the negative responses because I am actually looking for help. Not just trying to pick a fight.

Denial and acquiescence are "must-haves" in an abusive realtionship.

1) This thread is not my relationship.
    2) Picking fights is good? Please, tell me more.

I'm ignoring the rude people and talking to people who are giving real information and advice. Pretty sure that's how you exchange ideas effectively in polite society.
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options

THAT is the real test..

For me, it's Steak and Shake, but that's neither here nor there..... ;)
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    Options

THAT is the real test..

For me, it's Steak and Shake, but that's neither here nor there..... ;)

For me, it's just steak. :tongue:
  • KimINfortheWin
    KimINfortheWin Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    You said that your family liked Simon but does not like Chris. What exactly are they saying/seeing in regards to Chris? Obviously, if you told them that Simon was most likely cheating on you, they would have (had they believed it to be true) shoved Simon as far away from you as absolutely possible.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I'm ignoring the rude people and talking to people who are giving real information and advice. Pretty sure that's how you exchange ideas effectively in polite society.

I gave you real information and advice, as did many others in this thread that you didn't respond to. Those of us telling you that this relationship sounds seriously dangerous and wrong are not being rude, we are genuinely concerned. Many people here speak from personal experience, others from research. What most of us seem to agree on is that this relationship is NOT healthy, you could be in danger, and even if you weren't you're not mature enough to get married right now anyway.

But as you stated before, you're basically just looking for people to agree with you that you should stay with Chris... maybe next time don't post a topic asking for advice if you're just going to ignore the advice you don't want to hear.