pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I got to size 2 but for a 60 year old that was to skinny
    I refer to be in the size 4 range
    which for me is about 117
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11 and I never, ever, ever will be a size 0 unless I look like this....and pray exactly like that LOL! My hips will just not shrink down to a 0. NOT. GONNA. HAPPEN.
    praying_skeleton.png
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    The sizing does not go from 0 to 1.

00,0,2,4 are women's sizes.

1,3,5,7, are juniors sizes.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of pants at Chico simply because I wanted a size 0 in my closet :laugh:

That's why they do it!

The Limited is really bad with it, too.
  • skjsbp
    skjsbp Posts: 8
    Options
    I haven't been a size 0 since 7th grade... I think I'm a pretty comfortable 4 now and don't plan on shrinking enough to fit into anything smaller than that. I'm pretty sure I'm just not built that way, and even if I lost enough fat, I think my thigh muscles would get in the way if I tried to wear smaller pants. lol

But, IMO, if a person has a pretty petite frame to begin with, then 0 can probably be achieved in a healthy way. But there are many people who just aren't naturally built that small, unless they end up underweight.
  • I_Will_End_You
    Options

I just wanna understand if you have a 23 inch waist and don't diet, why you are on this site? If you're maintaining your size 0, why do you need to count calories? It doesn't take much to not eat. I'm not being mean, I'm just confused. I really would like to know why bother with this site?

This site is not just for people who want to lose weight. You don't have to want/need to lose weight to be into fitness!
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    It's not an issue of achieving it. It should not be everyone's goal. Of course not everyone is going to be a size 0, but they will all be fit and look great at their size/body type. But, for small framed people, size 0 is a normal size for them and does not look too thin. Size 0 exists because all the sizes were made bigger, and now size 2 is too big for people. And it doesn't mean they aren't curvy, either, it just means they have an overall small bone structure and small size. I do have a 23 inch waist (my hips/booty being 11 inches bigger) and I wear a size 00-0 usually. I have found I can wear a 2 in some yoga pants. I am petite. I do not diet and I have 2 children.

I just wanna understand if you have a 23 inch waist and don't diet, why you are on this site? If you're maintaining your size 0, why do you need to count calories? It doesn't take much to not eat. I'm not being mean, I'm just confused. I really would like to know why bother with this site?

I am working on my fitness, maintaining and building muscle. I am aware of what I eat, I make sure I eat enough protein, and I make sure I get enough calcium and iron. I maintain my weight and also make sure I do not lose weight (I am very active). I get fitness info and support and help with weight lifting. Just because someone is small does not mean they don't need to continue to work on fitness. Weight loss has never been my goal. I am 35 (not getting any younger). Being small is more about bone structure than it is about being skinny. The body can still have curve, but overall a smaller bone structure.
  • luisalg14
    luisalg14 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I was a size 0 pants and wore some kids clothes back in the day, up until about 20-21 (couldn't fit in the 0 tops because of my breasts), but I was only about 100-105 at that point; quite skinny for me even at 5'1. I think some can be that size and healthy, but it depends a lot on one's body type. My sister is the same height as me but she'd fit in size 0 clothes better than me because she's quite narrow (I have more of an hourglass shape).
    I don't really care about that sort of thing though. If your clothes fit, they fit. Sometimes you may fit into a small on one brand, then you can't even squeeze in the medium of another. It's just an irrelevant number.
  • LJGettinSexy
    LJGettinSexy Posts: 223 Member
    Options

Are you trying to get smaller than a 0, you are still losing weight, right?

I'm more concerned with toning at this point. But...I was saying size 0 isn't as small as it sounds, I'm 5'6 125 lbs so I'm at a normal weight for my height and age. Clothing manufacturers make clothes bigger with a small number on the tag now.

I don't know where you shop, but it seems as though the clothes are smaller than the tags, i.e. JCP, New York and Co., Kohls, Burlington Coat Factory, TJ Maxx, Marshalls. I am 5'5 and was 165 and enrolled in a very strict exercise and nutrition plan, and everyone, including the doctor, suggested that I stop losing weight and I was a size 8 at my lowest. So, unless you don't have a curvalicious body, I can't see how you are a 0. I'm not denying that you are, it's just hard for me to picture.
  • LJGettinSexy
    Options
    It's not an issue of achieving it. It should not be everyone's goal. Of course not everyone is going to be a size 0, but they will all be fit and look great at their size/body type. But, for small framed people, size 0 is a normal size for them and does not look too thin. Size 0 exists because all the sizes were made bigger, and now size 2 is too big for people. And it doesn't mean they aren't curvy, either, it just means they have an overall small bone structure and small size. I do have a 23 inch waist (my hips/booty being 11 inches bigger) and I wear a size 00-0 usually. I have found I can wear a 2 in some yoga pants. I am petite. I do not diet and I have 2 children.

I am working on my fitness, maintaining and building muscle. I am aware of what I eat, I make sure I eat enough protein, and I make sure I get enough calcium and iron. I maintain my weight and also make sure I do not lose weight (I am very active). I get fitness info and support and help with weight lifting. Just because someone is small does not mean they don't need to continue to work on fitness. Weight loss has never been my goal. I am 35 (not getting any younger). Being small is more about bone structure than it is about being skinny. The body can still have curve, but overall a smaller bone structure.

You go girl! I congratulate those that have achieved but you make being small a chore. Enjoy it already and stop worrying about what may happen. Which is why I'm on this site at 47...LOL
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    5'9, pear shaped, 150-155 pound, size 4.. and damn proud of it.

I could probably fit into a 2 or a 0 if I kept going.. and I wouldn't mind. I have hips and a butt, and it does clearly not going anywhere because thats how I was meant to be.
  • CottonCandyKisses
    CottonCandyKisses Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    It all depends on the person. I wear a zero, sometimes a 00. I also wear children's clothing, I'm 4'11 and 1/2. I'm at a healthy weight, look healthy, have muscles, and boobs. The sizing of clothing varies so much, I don't care what size I am--I just care what fits.
  • LJGettinSexy
    Options

This site is not just for people who want to lose weight. You don't have to want/need to lose weight to be into fitness!

I don't know about you but once I reach my goal weight, I'm never coming to this site again. I hate, hate, hate counting calories and keeping a daily log of what I eat. I got better things to do with my time. If I can't master my eating habits by the time I lose weight, then I'm just messed up.
  • I_Will_End_You
    Options

I don't know where you shop, but it seems as though the clothes are smaller than the tags, i.e. JCP, New York and Co., Kohls, Burlington Coat Factory, TJ Maxx, Marshalls. I am 5'5 and was 165 and enrolled in a very strict exercise and nutrition plan, and everyone, including the doctor, suggested that I stop losing weight and I was a size 8 at my lowest. So, unless you don't have a curvalicious body, I can't see how you are a 0. I'm not denying that you are, it's just hard for me to picture.

I'm generally not a 0, only in certain brands. Express, Limited, Chicos (places I buy office clothes)...all run really big. I usually wear between a 2 & 4 if I buy stuff from Target, Macys, Marshalls, etc.
  • I_Will_End_You
    Options

I don't know about you but once I reach my goal weight, I'm never coming to this site again. I hate, hate, hate counting calories and keeping a daily log of what I eat. I got better things to do with my time. If I can't master my eating habits by the time I lose weight, then I'm just messed up.

I don't log or anything, I came to the site mostly to learn how to exercise and lift weights.
  • GnomeQueen84
    GnomeQueen84 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My sister is naturally around a size zero, but me? Lowest I could get would be 4/5 just because of my hips/buttocks. I think I am perfect at 6.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    0 can be healthy if you have the frame and hips for it. But no, not everyone can attain it. Some people have wider hips or bigger frames than others & can't get that far down. Some people look sickly in a size 6. Don't focus on the number, just focus on being the best you that you can be ::)
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

You go girl! I congratulate those that have achieved but you make being small a chore. Enjoy it already and stop worrying about what may happen. Which is why I'm on this site at 47...LOL

No, not really. I am a professional dancer and I have been seriously injured in car accidents. Building and maintaining muscle is important to my long term health and mobility. I don't find this to be a chore. It's just like meal planning. I never counted calories. I just started less than a year ago. And I don't log everyday, when it's not easy to do. I also don't weigh and measure food. It's just an estimate.
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I know a girl who's a size zero.. She's like 4 feet tall.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    for me? Yes. For everyone? No. I say yes for me, because I am a size zero and I am healthy. Healthier now, in fact than I was when I was wearing a size 6, weighing 98 pounds. I'm now wearing a zero, but weigh 118 pounds. I wore a size zero at 130 pounds with 15% body fat, too. It CAN be healthy, so long as the person goes about it the right way.

ETA: I am 35, 5'5" and have 2 children.

When you have a nice round butt, legs and hips at 5'5, you will never be a size zero. If this is your pic, you are on the wrong site. You shouldn't lose another pound. You look great and I wouldn't worry about counting calories ever again.

Excuse me? I shouldn't be on a fitness site?!? I'm not here to lose weight. I'm actually here to GAIN. And, I have. As I gained weight and lost body fat, I got into a size 0 from a size 6 at 98 pounds. But, thanks for saying I don't deserve to be here. And, yes. That's me. As are the rest of my pictures in my album. I was 123 pounds, with 16% body fat in that picture.