SIZE ZERO!!!!!

Replies

• Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    My BF is 5'7" and she weighs 105 pounds. Always been skinny as a rail. At her heaviest, 9 months pregnant, she weighed 130 pounds. She wears a size 0. She has 4 kids and you would never think she had even one. Some people are just genetically lucky I guess. My goal is to be a solid size 6 ( US 6 ).
  • Kdhuynh54
    Kdhuynh54 Posts: 26
    i feel like i am a very healthy looking size zero. i don't think i particularly look like my size and my body fat percentage is 27%. i've got curves and muscles. i definitely wouldn't say it's possible for everyone, nor would it look good on everyone. but i'm just really tired of people treating it like a bad thing in some circles.
  • Anna7595
    Anna7595 Posts: 38
    It really just depends on how you're build. I am only 5'2" but I have very wide hip bones and back in the day when I was young and very thin (105 lbs) I was a size 5 jeans and 2/3 in dresses or skirts. On the other hand I have a friend who is my height who is shaped differently with much more narrow hips and a smaller bone structure in general and at that same weight she is a size 0. I suppose it could be healthy for some people, but definitely not for me lol.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    If i was wearing a size zero...it would probably be in a hospital ward. That would be horrendously too thin for my body...like concentration camp thin. Size zero isn't meant to be a goal for gahd's sake!!! Its a size. Some tiny people wear it. Its also very much vanity sizing....and if its your goal...you probably need to re-examine your priorities.
  • Kst76
    My extremely skinny 13 year old wears a size 0! I would NEVER want to fit into my 13 yr olds clothes, I mean she is soooo skinny it's ridiculous, I honeslty think women over like 20 look gross and way too skinny in a size 0, go for a 3 or 5 at the least

Some people are naturally very skinny. What if I told you that being a size 10 is just too fat and make you look like a cow? Come on now! Your daughter is not done growing yet. An adult person at a size 0 can still have some shape to her.
  • LJGettinSexy
    LJGettinSexy Posts: 223 Member
    Honestly, this conversation kind of makes me want to cry. Why are you (and the world) so obsessed with being so small? I'm struggling right now just to get down to the "overweight" category...I'm naturally very heavy and have a hard time taking off any sort of weight that I put on. (Yes, there are medical factors involved and I am working with my doctor on overcoming those.) Shouldn't we be more concerned with being healthy? Shouldn't we be focused less on size and more on whether a person has low blood pressure, their blood glucose levels, and their cholesterol?

Yes we should and those of us who are not small should never be made to feel bad because we're not a size 0. I'm losing weight to maintain my health, and if I didn't have to, I wouldn't be worried about my weight. I'm definitely not going to worry about getting down to a size 'nothing'
  • LJGettinSexy
    This is an amusing thread. Seems like there are some size 12 girls hating on size zero girls. I'm not going to lie, I find size 0 girls to be most attractive.

Nobody's hating, everybody type is not meant to be a size 0 and most women aren't, but people have literally starved themselves to be liked and judged by people who find size zeroes more attractive than regular size women.
  • LJGettinSexy
    My BF is 5'7" and she weighs 105 pounds. Always been skinny as a rail. At her heaviest, 9 months pregnant, she weighed 130 pounds. She wears a size 0. She has 4 kids and you would never think she had even one. Some people are just genetically lucky I guess. My goal is to be a solid size 6 ( US 6 ).

BTW, some of us who have children never look like we've had kids. How does that look anyway? Just wondering because I hear people say that all the time, 'you don't even look like you had kids'.
  • LJGettinSexy
    My extremely skinny 13 year old wears a size 0! I would NEVER want to fit into my 13 yr olds clothes, I mean she is soooo skinny it's ridiculous, I honeslty think women over like 20 look gross and way too skinny in a size 0, go for a 3 or 5 at the least
    that is such a silly argument and disrespectful. I am a size 0 sometimes 00 and I am 120 lbs. I am only 5.1 and have always been a small size. I am curvy and not skinny at all in fact many people wouldn't even guess my size. it's all down to proportions and lean body mass. I have shopped in children's clothes and bought 12 yrs old clothes because is so very difficult to buy small clothes so before you make these generic statements think about it.

Agreed. I'm over 20 and a size 00 and in no way do I feel "gross" or overly skinny.

It's mostly about proportions and bone structure. I'm 5'1, around 98 pounds with a small frame, so I hit size zero quite easily when I lost weight.

You also have to keep in mind the vanity sizing trend. I tried on my mother's vintage size 0 dresses and they fit perfectly. However, if I go try on the same size in a regular store I'm swimming in them.

Any sort of body shaming, whether it be about a bigger or smaller types, is unnecessary. Your statement is just as ridiculous as someone saying, '"I honestly think women over like 20 look gross and way too fat in a size 10, go for a 8 or 6 at least".

I don't know but you sound a little angry, but I bet you weren't saying that 45lbs ago. LOL
  • squiggyflop
    squiggyflop Posts: 148 Member
    Most women over 5'5" cannot attain a size zero because of the size of the pelvis bone (except women with very small frames). I remember being a size zero before my last growth spurt. I cannot get back down to it without surgically altering my hip bones. It really depends on the size of your skeleton. A 5 foot tall woman with a small frame could be quite healthy at a size zero.
  • LJGettinSexy

I just wanna understand if you have a 23 inch waist and don't diet, why you are on this site? If you're maintaining your size 0, why do you need to count calories? It doesn't take much to not eat. I'm not being mean, I'm just confused. I really would like to know why bother with this site?

This site is not just for people who want to lose weight. You don't have to want/need to lose weight to be into fitness!

I don't know about you but once I reach my goal weight, I'm never coming to this site again. I hate, hate, hate counting calories and keeping a daily log of what I eat. I got better things to do with my time. If I can't master my eating habits by the time I lose weight, then I'm just messed up.

There's a 95% failure rate for long term weight loss success. Good luck with doing better things with your time, after you hit goal.

Thanks, I'll need plenty of good wishes. LOL
  • LJGettinSexy

I don't know where you shop, but it seems as though the clothes are smaller than the tags, i.e. JCP, New York and Co., Kohls, Burlington Coat Factory, TJ Maxx, Marshalls. I am 5'5 and was 165 and enrolled in a very strict exercise and nutrition plan, and everyone, including the doctor, suggested that I stop losing weight and I was a size 8 at my lowest. So, unless you don't have a curvalicious body, I can't see how you are a 0. I'm not denying that you are, it's just hard for me to picture.

I'm generally not a 0, only in certain brands. Express, Limited, Chicos (places I buy office clothes)...all run really big. I usually wear between a 2 & 4 if I buy stuff from Target, Macys, Marshalls, etc.

Thanks, maybe I'll start shopping there too. Maybe my clothes will fit better.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    I'm 43, 5'2", small frame and wear a size 2 in misses or 3 in juniors (yes I have both). I am the same measurements I was in HS, so I don't think I'm wearing Vanity sizes. I could probably be a 0 but I have a hard enough time finding 2s...I can't imagine trying to find a 0. I only shop in juniors for casual clothes or workout gear. And yeah, yes, I bought some workout shorts at Walmart and bought XS in the junior dept. However, I'm still plenty curvy and could still stand to lose a little.
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    that is such a silly argument and disrespectful. I am a size 0 sometimes 00 and I am 120 lbs. I am only 5.1 and have always been a small size. I am curvy and not skinny at all in fact many people wouldn't even guess my size. it's all down to proportions and lean body mass. I have shopped in children's clothes and bought 12 yrs old clothes because is so very difficult to buy small clothes so before you make these generic statements think about it.

Agreed. I'm over 20 and a size 00 and in no way do I feel "gross" or overly skinny.

It's mostly about proportions and bone structure. I'm 5'1, around 98 pounds with a small frame, so I hit size zero quite easily when I lost weight.

You also have to keep in mind the vanity sizing trend. I tried on my mother's vintage size 0 dresses and they fit perfectly. However, if I go try on the same size in a regular store I'm swimming in them.

Any sort of body shaming, whether it be about a bigger or smaller types, is unnecessary. Your statement is just as ridiculous as someone saying, '"I honestly think women over like 20 look gross and way too fat in a size 10, go for a 8 or 6 at least".

I don't know but you sound a little angry, but I bet you weren't saying that 45lbs ago. LOL

That is unbelievably disrespectful and immature. I clearly said body shaming, whether for small or large women is wrong.

I 100% would have said the same thing 45 pounds ago. No matter what weight I am, my philosophy for not shaming other's body types and weights has remained unchanged.

All women are beautiful at no matter what size they naturally are. I gained 45 pounds because of depression and emotional eating. I lost the weight because I wanted to be healthy again, not to be a size 0.

You, my dear, are the only angry one here.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    This is an amusing thread. Seems like there are some size 12 girls hating on size zero girls. I'm not going to lie, I find size 0 girls to be most attractive.

Nobody's hating, everybody type is not meant to be a size 0 and most women aren't, but people have literally starved themselves to be liked and judged by people who find size zeroes more attractive than regular size women.

What's a "regular size woman"?
  • Kagemori
    Kagemori Posts: 88 Member
    I have absolutely no interest at all in obtaining or trying to obtain a size 0 body. I never have been that small nor am I interested in being that small. Ive known a couple of girls in my life who were/are size 0 they were all that size naturally. they did not diet, and they at whatever they wanted, but because they had such high metabolisms they never gained any weight, as a matter of fact my bff Kitt complains regularly about not being able to gain weight and always staying under 100lbs not matter what she ate (she wanted to be at least 110)

I think that size 0 is a size that you either are naturally or you get that small by being unhealthy with your dieting. I personally don't think anybody should strain themselves to be that small. if by continuing to eat healthy and exercise you get that small then kudos otherwise don't beat yourself up about it. Personally despite the fashion trend for size 0 clothes I think that, that size is actually a very rare one.
  • Kst76

BTW, some of us who have children never look like we've had kids. How does that look anyway? Just wondering because I hear people say that all the time, 'you don't even look like you had kids'.

I think you know what I mean. Flat stomach, no stretch marks anywhere on your body, perfect boobs. Typically people, including me, have some signs or "scars" left over lol
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Honestly, this conversation kind of makes me want to cry. Why are you (and the world) so obsessed with being so small? I'm struggling right now just to get down to the "overweight" category...I'm naturally very heavy and have a hard time taking off any sort of weight that I put on. (Yes, there are medical factors involved and I am working with my doctor on overcoming those.) Shouldn't we be more concerned with being healthy? Shouldn't we be focused less on size and more on whether a person has low blood pressure, their blood glucose levels, and their cholesterol?

Yes we should and those of us who are not small should never be made to feel bad because we're not a size 0. I'm losing weight to maintain my health, and if I didn't have to, I wouldn't be worried about my weight. I'm definitely not going to worry about getting down to a size 'nothing'

Lol size 0 is just a size, not size "nothing". Is size 12 "size everything" then?

Hahahah angry fatty.

Not cool.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Just came to see what all the commotion is about.
    8 pages for this?
    :explode:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Well, I plan on getting pretty small. Down to my lowest adult weight which is 118. I was a 24 inch waist at the time so if former posters are correct that 23 is size zero, and I plan on being more fit than back then by lifting, so a smaller waist may ensue. Also that size zero has now replaced a bigger size as all sizes have bumped up due to (I'm guessing) vanity sizing...then there is a possibility I may be one. IF that happens it will be my most guarded secret. I can't even imagine anyone asking "what size are you" and responding "ZERO" all natural and happy without hearing *gasp* and getting weird looks. I couldn't possibly imagine giving BinaryPulsars logical explanation after that and having it be accepted. So whatever size I end up being from 4 to 0 it will be my secret. Along with how I got there, because of all the millions of MFP threads I've read where onlookers to weight loss chime in with insane philosophies, tips, and suggestions.

My size, my weight, my methods=my business. Have a nice day.:flowerforyou: