Baby to Bikini... Tears and All

Options
FitandFab33
FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
Today was a major milestone for me.

I haven't been to a pool (or beach/etc) in a few years. I have NEVER been comfortable in a bikini- regardless of how I looked. I have always had the feeling that I must sit this way or sit that way, stand that way or face that direction because there was something to hide.

And then I got pregnant. And then I got FAT. I ate indiscriminately, I did not exercise.. and by the time I gave birth I had gained something like 80 lbs and delivered at 238 lbs. The baby was 7 of those pounds. I knew I had screwed up. That was the end of May 2012.

I split with my fiancé (my child's father) and life was... well.. bad. I was a single mom, with little support and no family nearby. I had been in a bad relationship for the last 4 years, was fat, and had zero confidence. I was lonely, scared, insecure, and I ate my feelings. In September of 2012, I was still 212 lbs. Breastfeeding hadn't exactly "melted off all the weight" like I expected. I began watching my intake and dropped a few lbs. I started logging on September 15th and I started lifting weights on September 30th, 2012. That was when it started.

I felt powerful. I felt good in my skin, even if my skin didn't look so good. And my body changed. I wanted it to continue- so I made myself a deal: I would go from baby to bikini in a year.

Since then, my body has done things that I never knew was possible. Sometimes I ate really well, sometimes I didn't. For the most part I ate at a deficit, but I took several month long breaks and a few weeks here and there.

Today, I am 11 1/2 months post-baby. Today, I put on a bikini... I walked across my apartment complex, and I went to the pool. I had tears welling up in my eyes on that long walk- from nerves and fear. But I walked in and for the first time in my life, I felt good in that bikini. With my stretch marks, with my bits of flub and extra skin- I was confident and proud of my marred body. That's what this has done for me- it's not the weight, or the fat, or even the bikini.... it's the FEELING.

Now for all the pictures....

Where I was when I started lifting weights:

2012-09-13_14-50-43_300.jpg[/URL]

2012-09-13_14-51-07_367.jpg[/URL]

And today, in a bikini. :-)

IMG_20130518_093110_812-1_zpsd513dc1b.jpg[/URL]

IMG_20130518_083513_644-1_zps66fcdb68.jpg[/URL]

Replies

• laurenmcallister
    laurenmcallister Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    OMG - you look amazing. Just wow.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Your brilliant.
    One of the smartest, sweetest, most driven friend, I have on MFP.
    You look fantastic.
    Im proud of you.
    :love: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker:
  • jeanettejeanette14
    Options
    You look amazing, way to go!!! You're inspiring me to keep on going :-)
  • KTwalksThePlank
    KTwalksThePlank Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Dang, girl!!

I am so proud of you! What an inspiration! I have a 15-month-old and would love to be in the shape you're in! You just motivated me to keep working out!!
  • badgerbabs
    badgerbabs Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Heartfelt congratulations, F&F!!! Even at your heaviest, you had a WAIST - which I've never had! Believe it or not, I'm even jealous of your 212-lb. self. And now? You look amazing. I can't believe you had the least bit of nerves walking to the pool - girl, you should have been STRUTTING.
  • Dacia327
    Dacia327 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • sznnn
    sznnn Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Oh my god!!! You look incredible. Great work. Really, seriously, truly inspirational. :)
  • haileyro
    haileyro Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Amazing! you should be proud of yourself!
  • cerexflikex
    cerexflikex Posts: 58
    Options
    Way to go! Amazing!
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous!!
  • challenger9509
    challenger9509 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    That is amazing and girl you should have sprinted to that pool with your new bikini body...thank you so much for sharing and motivating me!!!!!!
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely fantastic!!!
  • goosepappa
    goosepappa Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Great story. Sometimes no matter how good we look on the outside,we still don't feel well on the inside. Congrats on your victory :)
  • Miss_Krissy87
    Miss_Krissy87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    You look amazing great job!
  • hollygparr
    hollygparr Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! Well done
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    hot damn, woman! you are too amazing :love:
  • AspiringPinkPinUp
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this!! Congratulations on your work, you look fantastic!! This is such an inspiring story for me. I'm a little over 8 weeks in and I look forward to this feeling. Tears welling up in my eyes....Priceless...

Again congrats! You look beautiful!! :flowerforyou:
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on a job well done!!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    You turned into the hulk! Don't lift heavy!

You look fantastic :) well done.
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    You turned into the hulk! Don't lift heavy!

You look fantastic :) well done.

haha... sooooo manly! :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!