Worst Thing You've Tasted On Your Fitness Journey ?

Options

Replies

• khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat pasta..uugh, I don't know how people eat that stuff! It's like dry cardboard. I just eat regular pasta noodles and don't have it too often.

I think whole wheat pasta can be really good if you have a strong flavoured sauce on it as you can't taste the pasta at all if you have lots of strong flavours with it. I feel the same about white pasta though, I don't like the taste of that if I don't have a sauce to add to it!
  • FlippinNora
    FlippinNora Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Protein powder - omg it was just rank. I don't know how you guys drink it.
  • mountaingirl2207
    Options
    Canned spinach. Popeye must have had an iron stomach, because that stuff is disgust-o-rama.
  • skinnydreams1997
    skinnydreams1997 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    kashi cereal, several kinds of protein bars, whey protein with only 1 gram of sugar in it and 36 grams of protein, reduced fat peanut butter and several kinds of chips and crackers that are "healthier."
  • sangeyvang
    sangeyvang Posts: 182
    Options
    i had organic oatmeal. i'm trying to like it but i just cant. :(
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Canned spinach. Popeye must have had an iron stomach, because that stuff is disgust-o-rama.

I avoid almost any canned veggies like the plague. I've had enough canned green beans and peas as a child to last me a lifetime.
    and yes canned spinach is horrid.
  • Ladyinwaiting4
    Ladyinwaiting4 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Tofu hands down!

someone dared me to try it and it was so nasty tasting it made me sick.
  • autniccole
    autniccole Posts: 36
    Options
    My whole life I have hated tomatoes, but my tastebuds have changed A LOT since I started eating healthier, so I thought I'd give them another shot. I bought these "sweet" little yellow tomatoes and...ugh. Acidic, squishy, and so disgusting. Never again.

Coconut water is also not my thing. I took one sip and I swear it tasted like an armpit smells. Horrendous.

For anyone who hates lentils: http://runsforcookiesrecipes.blogspot.com/2011/08/mexican-lentils-rice.html
    That recipe, I swear, tastes SO much like taco meat. It's delicious!
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky - tasted horrible and it made me really ill. Don't understand how people like it.

Brown rice - just give me basmati and I will be a lot happier.

Couscous - horrible, horrible, horrible texture.

Tofu - what is this piece of rubber?

Artificial sweeteners - tastes like washing up liquid.
  • brainzap
    brainzap Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    "Pancakes" made of banana and egg. Horrible texture and overly sweet. Bleurgh.
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Blackstrap molasses (supposed to be a good source of iron). Do not want ever again.
    Did you take it straight or mixed in something?
    Good question--it's great in milk! We used to drink molasses milk all the time when I was a kid.

I've used it to sweeten my coffee in the past. Didn't mind it at all.

I bought a protein powder with chicory root in it - ack! Can't stand the taste of chicory!
  • KANSASGIRL69
    KANSASGIRL69 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    sucralose! its in most protein powders...ive opted for natural protein powders...MUSCLE MILK GAG! DYMATIZE ELITE DOUBLE GAG! DIET COKE GAG! lmao...
  • fatfishy
    fatfishy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Okra - barf. Slimy, swampy witches fingers.
  • TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Houmous -
    all the ingredients seperately = fine,

together as houmous = evil
  • mellymo29
    mellymo29 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    FIBRE ONE, Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownie. DISGUSTING!!!

Fibre One gives me and the hubby uncontrollable farts. We used to try to force each other to explain to the Costco sample woman that her product was burning a hole in the ozone.
  • mamax5
    mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat pasta..uugh, I don't know how people eat that stuff! It's like dry cardboard. I just eat regular pasta noodles and don't have it too often.

I think whole wheat pasta can be really good if you have a strong flavoured sauce on it as you can't taste the pasta at all if you have lots of strong flavours with it. I feel the same about white pasta though, I don't like the taste of that if I don't have a sauce to add to it!

I got whole wheat pasta from this all natural all organic store and it was great...I got some from walmart and it tasted like the box.

Some things I can't stand : oatmeal, the atkins shakes, the protein shake from the health food store. Those things taste like liquid chalk.

Now, things I didn't now I would love....lentils, black beans, and taboule. I actually haven't met a vegetable that I don't like. Now kiwi is gross to me! Yuck! I haven't tried it since I was about 6.
  • sizzler0123
    sizzler0123 Posts: 55
    Options
    Miracle noodles!! I was so excited at the idea of pasta with no calories but OMG...and I can usually power down anything even if I don't care for it but not these.
  • dwalt15110
    dwalt15110 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    South Beach idea of cheesecake dessert that is ricotta cheese, splenda, and mini chocolate chips. Gag food!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I stopped at a grocery store after my 6-mile run this morning for a chocolate milk. Got seduced by a chocolate protein shake that had 32g of protein...and, as it turned out when I read the fine print on the way out of the store, only 3g of sugar. It tasted, if you can imagine this, as if Pepto-Bismal were flavored with chocolate instead of peppermint.

The brand: Oh Yeah. Review: Oh. No!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :noway:
  • ratellcm
    ratellcm Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I know a bunch of people have already said this, but DEFINITELY chocolate protein powder mixed into my oatmeal. It went immediately into the garbage.