Bad things that have happened since I starting losing weight

Options

Replies

• Snapper1985
    Snapper1985 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    9. I need to get my wedding ring re-sized so it won't fall off my finger.

This. We actually got new wedding bands before our 5th anniversary and the size was maybe just a hair bigger, but it was a little loose on my ring finger, so I've been wearing it on my middle finger until we can get it re-sized. Since then, I absolutely CAN'T wear it on my ring finger. It just plain won't stay on.
  • Falenea
    Falenea Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    My butt hurts when I sit too long. This is new to me lol.
  • lvbor
    lvbor Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Also my cats are having a harder time laying on me at the same time. There's not as much room.

Won't someone think of the cats!
  • tfpdunn
    tfpdunn Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm cold ALL the time! Winter was almost unbearable for me because I was so cold. I guess having 92 extra pounds really makes you hot!

I'm with you - this happens to me all the time now!
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    when people hug me they feel closer! It was weird trying to adapt to the closeness of a hug.

EXACTLY!!! Suddenly everyone was invading my invisible mental bubble I have around me...LOL
  • lvbor
    lvbor Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I thought of another one.

The formerly solid reasons I came up with for not exercising are much less convincing to me lately. Same goes for the justifications for picking up junk food snacks/take away dinner "just this time".

I fear this means I am losing the power of persuasion :(
  • maegmez
    maegmez Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I still have about 38 pounds to go but the strangest thing to me is getting some young kids pip their horn at me when I'm out running. Makes me feel like a teenager.

My hunky husband is always grabbing my behind and is always telling me he has to do a double take when he sees me walking by. Makes my heart go boom!

I no longer have to continuously adjust the seat belt off my neck in the car but because it's such a habit, I still do it!!!!!

No more ergobaby waist extender!!!!

I wear my old jackets over myself and my toddler when babywearing, lol!

I can't wear my fat clothes anymore, I can fit in one leg of my biggest shorts!

I can't sit still at church anymore, my weight can't hold me down anymore during praise and worship!
  • SaraJane1011
    SaraJane1011 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This was the motivation that I needed today! All these things sound so wonderful and I cant wait to get to them! It was also neat to see some people on here with similar goals and have achieved them!
  • sgmomma
    sgmomma Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Mine is:

Now my resting heart rate is so low that I actually passed out during blood donation due to my heart rate and BP dropping to critically low an resulting in me being taken to the ER and being black listed from donating ever again.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,350 Member
    Options
    I have had to pay £15 to have a favourite skirt taken in! !!! Outrageous!
    My son says with a worried frown "I don't think you should lose any more weight."
    I have to take my own washing upstairs to hang it up. My husband used to take it as it was too heavy for me. What a shame!
    Like others, the pleasure of just vegging out on the sofa has gone. I keep wanting to get up and lift some weights. Bad feeling!
    I used to love my afternoon nap. One of life's great pleasures. Now I'm not tired. Very bad feeling!
    So many bad things. I don't know why we bother to lose weight.
  • Jalith75
    Jalith75 Posts: 16
    Options
    I need to buy new, smaller luggage because my clothes take up less space
    I have to get rid of perfectly good clothes when they've hardly been used
    When clearing out closet and drawers I find items I've purchased for when I lose weight that are too big
    I keep changing shoe size - 9w to 9 to 8.5 to 8...
    I don't get to sleep in because I'm not tired in the morning
    I don't get days off work sick due to sleep deprivation/sleep apnea migraines
    I paid hundreds of dollars for a biPap I no longer need
    My husband worries more for me since people are taking more notice of me
    My wedding ring has become a finger hula hoop
    I get embarrassed when people tell me how much "better" I'm looking and compliment me on weight loss
    I can wear high heels comfortably. Wearing high heels causes noise pollution from tap tap tapping around on hard surfaces
    I am tempted to sit in the sun wearing less clothing, potentially putting me at risk of sunburn and melanomas
    I want to go to diners and fast food places, just because I can fit in the booths
  • tudemcmood
    tudemcmood Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    ha ha:laugh:
  • kevinjb1
    kevinjb1 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Instead of staring at my gut and frowning I now flex in the mirror. It's making me late to work.

What's the knot in the middle of my chest??? Oh it's my sternum...

Female coworker called me hot after another coworker tried to sush her because "sexual harassment." It's awful being harassed at work. :wink:

Hate running up the stairs to my 3rd floor aparment everyday without feeling winded.

Wearing too big clothes becuase I'm waiting for my goal weight before I buy new ones.

Clothes that I did buy are now getting too big too.
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I had to get rid of some really nice jeans and shirts.
    Fast food doesn't taste the same to me anymore.
    People tell me I'm too skinny and need to gain weight.
  • PicNic00
    PicNic00 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    People outright asking me when I got LAP BAND! which I DID NOT!
  • iiijeniii
    iiijeniii Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • ACEgirl1
    ACEgirl1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    This is AWESOME. Saving for when I have something to add!
  • Ambrosia29
    Ambrosia29 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    1: I was told by an Aunt that I needed to *stop* losing weight because I was too skinny! (yet I'm back where I started? o.0)
    2: My boyfriend complimented me on the six-pack I was forming (which I think he's kinda jealous of)
    3: I think my boyfriend might be jealous of my (developing, before falling off the bandwagon) six-pack
    4: The lovely skirts I bought over the winter keep getting looser on me
    5: Its harder for me to stay warm
    6: Which sometimes makes it harder to sleep at night.
    7: I feel bad when circumstances force me to find foods at Dollar General or worse, fast-food places.
    8: I wonder if I really should be eating that slice of my favorite cheesecake
    9: I felt guilty buying that last box of s'more pop-tarts
    10: Which just didn't taste as yummy as they used to, even toasted.

#?: When I make my short-term goal and then my long-term goal for fitness I'll have to go through my wardrobe!
  • LeahBelcastro
    LeahBelcastro Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • AnJulNZ
    AnJulNZ Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    :laugh: excellent! I am noticing some of these bad things happening to me as well. Sheesh, somebody shoulda warned us!!

Good on you! And keep up the good work. First world problems eh :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!