Lose 5 pounds a month AUGUST 2010 CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Just dropped in to see how everyone was doing and looking for some much needed motivation. I had a few slip ups since the start of this month, but I think I've turned it around. I'm headed in the right direction and I don't want to look back. We made it over the hump of hump day.
  • Kristinplus2
    Options
    Forgot to log in my start weight.. 197. I was pretty bummed that I had to quick the P90X. I was getting some serious migraines that were making me dizzy. I started the 30 day Shred on Monday. SO far so headaches so im pretty excited about that. Im feeling good this week about working out. I was sweating more this week than I did all week with P90X. I guess there are some exercises that are not for some. But I might try it again in a few months once my body is in better shape. We'll see. Any ways. Shooting to drop my 5 (maybe more) this week! Good luck all!
  • tralalara
    tralalara Posts: 149
    Options
    Just dropped in to see how everyone was doing and looking for some much needed motivation. I had a few slip ups since the start of this month, but I think I've turned it around. I'm headed in the right direction and I don't want to look back. We made it over the hump of hump day.

One day at a time, Leela...that's how I keep on keepin' on. You can do it! (what a cutie in your picture!)
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I'm in, a tad late but I def need the challenge!

Starting weight: 185. Seeing that number in writing is motivation right there for me to see it decrease. I fell off the wagon for a bit, so I need a jumpstart!
  • ihavesisu
    Options
    Had a fantastic workout today!! Did treadmill pyramid with my trainer... I felt great afterwards like I had a real workout... Wow! Hope you all are having a great day!
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Wow - lots to read about!

Phyljen - welcome back! Your week with your daughter's upcoming wedding sounds like a lot of fun! Sounds like you did fabulous on yourself while in the states! :bigsmile:

Stretch marks - Vitamin E ointment works well

Since its fair week here for me, I've seriously cut down on my workouts. However I still got an entire hour of walking in today on my break/lunch at work! So that's another hour down for me on this weeks BMK challenge. I also had blueberries, banana, & lots of grapes today, so thats 3 days of fruits down for me! I still have to get some cleaning done, but since I haven't been home, that's a bit impossible! Maybe I should have done it the last 2 mornings at 3:30 & 4am when I was up due to the extremely LOUD thunderstorms we had! :grumble::laugh: :grumble: :laugh: :grumble: I'm hoping it doeesn't happen again tonight! :yawn: I couldn't even get up to do my bellydancing before work....had to snooze! :yawn:

I saw a few people at the fair tonight that I haven't seen in quite awhile. I have to brag - got some awesome compliments! It sure feels great to be down 28 lbs. Its nice to know that what you are doing is being noticed. It really helps me to keep on going! Oh...and as for my fair food tonight - I had a baked sweet potato with brown sugar, cinnamon, & butter. I brought my own grapes & also had 2 oz of sliced roast beef I had grabbed out of my fridge before I left. (I knew I was getting the sweet potato tonight). However after the concert was over I was hungry again. So since I knew I still had calories left I decided to get a grilled chicken breast sandwich & only ate 1/2 the bun. So yahoo - another great fair night for me!
  • LTLB
    LTLB Posts: 9
    Options
    HOW DID U GET YOUR TRANSFORMATION PICTURE?
    As I hoped, I weighed in this morning and I'm 5 pounds lighter than yesterday, so think it was a water-retention related blip yesterday! So revising my start and goal weights:

Start weight - 156.4
    Goal weight - 151.4

:)
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Heading off to work so not much time to talk...going to get my 1 hr. walk in if it kills me.....will be eating my 3+ fruits )strawberries, watermelon, plum and may be some peaches if I buy some after work....) no cleaning today.....talk to you later....
  • bekylouisex3
    bekylouisex3 Posts: 242 Member
    Options

I drink tea and mainly green tea throughout the day.
    Green tea has many benefits, including containing anti-oxidants which are fabulous for your body & mind, less caffeine, and the latest research studies on cancer showed that drinking 3 cups of green tean per day lowers the chance of having cancer (mainly breast/ovarian) by 50%. Plus, it helps in revving up the metabolism..
    So drink up to your health.
    Cheers,
    Dounia
    Here is an article from the Harvard journal on health:
    Benefit of drinking green tea: The proof is in -- drinking tea is healthy, says Harvard Women’s Health WatchAlthough tea drinking has been associated with health benefits for centuries, only in recent years have its medicinal properties been investigated scientifically. The October issue of Harvard Women's Health Watch recognizes the healthy power of tea while helping readers get the most out of their cups.

Tea's health benefits are largely due to its high content of flavonoids — plant-derived compounds that are antioxidants. Green tea is the best food source of a group called catechins. In test tubes, catechins are more powerful than vitamins C and E in halting oxidative damage to cells and appear to have other disease-fighting properties. Studies have found an association between consuming green tea and a reduced risk for several cancers, including, skin, breast, lung, colon, esophageal, and bladder.

Additional benefits for regular consumers of green and black teas include a reduced risk for heart disease. The antioxidants in green, black, and oolong teas can help block the oxidation of LDL (bad) cholesterol, increase HDL (good) cholesterol and improve artery function. A Chinese study published recently in the Archives of Internal Medicine showed a 46%-65% reduction in hypertension risk in regular consumers of oolong or green tea, compared to non-consumers of tea.

The October issue provides a few tips to get the most out of tea-drinking:

Drinking a cup of tea a few times a day to absorb antioxidants and other healthful plant compounds. In green-tea drinking cultures, the usual amount is three cups per day. Allow tea to steep for three to five minutes to bring out its catechins. The best way to get the catechins and other flavonoids in tea is to drink it freshly brewed. Decaffeinated, bottled ready-to-drink tea preparations, and instant teas have less of these compounds. Tea can impede the absorption of iron from fruits and vegetables. Adding lemon or milk or drinking tea between meals will counteract this problem.

WOW! I'm certainly gonna drink my green tea now :smile: Thanks for the post!
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

It is so great to see everyone working so hard to meet their goals. I sadly did not get my bike ride in last night so I got up this morning and got in almost 40 minutes. I need to run to tonight to stay on track with my training.

Today's quote has to do with running but you can insert any sport you want.

"So much in life seems inflexible and unchangeable, and part of the joy of running and especially racing is the realization that improvement and progress can be achieved. "

What are you going to achieve today? Find joy in whatever your goal is for today!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I had another pretty good day yesterday. got in three fruit servings of reapberries and blueberries. I ran/walked 2 hours and did my ChaLean Extreme. I peeked at the scale this morning. it is moving. Tomorrow is my official weigh in so hopefully it will move even more!

I hope you all have successful days ahead of you.
  • Connie48
    Connie48 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late to the game but I"m in! Monday (8/2) 175lb, this morning 174!
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Hello hello!

Last night I took the kiddos swimming after I picked them up from daycare. Didn't get much swimming myself because my son likes to stick close to me but we tried out his new life vest and I love it! My daughter is full on swimming now, I am so proud of her. She always was a water baby and loves spending lots of time in the bath but seeing how proud she is of herself while swimming in the pool is a great mommy moment for me. She kept yelling "look at me! I am doing it!" :love:
    I do need to start walking again. I have been lazy and going to get the kids right after work instead of doing my workouts first. That stops today. I want to walk after work and also start doing my yoga dvds at night again.

Healthy and Happy Day!
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Another BMK checkmark today my second 3-fruit day done: I've had a peach, blueberries and an orange. (that's the easy one for me this week) I went for a 45-min walk at lunch, so I’ll try to fit in another 15 min tonight to get my 1st 1-hour walk of the week (totally slacked off in that area and will need to walk Fri/Sat/Sun to get 4 walks in before the end of the week). And to be honest, I’m not so sure I'll even attempt the 2 hours of cleaning! Ha Ha! :tongue:

I am already dreading my weigh-in on Saturday. I'm PMS'ing, and feeling tired / overwhelmed, and I've been eating too much to compensate.
  • princesspurple
    Options
    starting good for august...down 1.3!
  • mltierney
    mltierney Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Count me in too

SW: 210
    CW: 185.8 (weigh in day is Wen so will update tomorrow)
    GW: 160

Aug 5 CW
  • marqcheer09
    marqcheer09 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Im in.
    CW 171.2
    GW 140
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    1lb down four to go, :D
  • kmjmom2
    kmjmom2 Posts: 5
    Options
    wouldn't hurt to have another motivater
  • jesse14472
    jesse14472 Posts: 161
    Options
    Just finished my second day of 60 min exercise, despite the insane mugginess outside. Hope to finish my 2nd day of 3 fruits tonight with a plum. Worried about this weekend....birthday parties at my parents' house. Never anything really good to eat in the house, just lots of bad things that taste really good ;-)