Lose 5 pounds a month AUGUST 2010 CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Just opened a new YMCA a block down from where I work ...they had an open house....and they are giving our hospital a discount (Our hospital has something --I think joint in opening it up or something) so I went, I saw, I signed up.....Look out Kelly a new Zumba girl is going to be in the house, HA!!!!! :tongue: Hope eveyone is doing ok with this weeks BMK challange...I am going to have to hustle to get my walks in by SUN. but I am up for the challange...the rest of the stuff is in the bag......:bigsmile:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Walked for two hours and covered over 8 miles. I ate raspberries and pineapple and pear chips. I cleaned for 3 hours today. The best part is the scale is moving. I will record how much tomorrow.
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    I'm glad to see everyone is so active. I know that in order to make this goal for the month, that I have to workout at a mid to high intensity for 60 minutes, 5 days a week. And I'm getting there! I'm also interested in sculpting, not just losing the weight, but actually trimming down. Everyone keep up the good work!
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    heading of to work again today...but will definitely get my hour walk in and some running too...a little cooler today (less humidity) so it should be pretty nice....going to have for fruit, grapes, plum, and some peaches....and I should finish my 15 min of cleaning because I plan on washing the car tonight (my husband usually does this but he is on afternoon turn and I figured the kids would love to do this witht me)....have a GREAT day everyone!!!:flowerforyou:
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Today is the big day of the reception. So I'll be partying all night. I weigh in this morning and was down a pound so I did it for this week. YIppee. It is so dang HOT. up to about 103 already and the humidity is horrid. We will all be sweating our little boodies off.
    At least the reception is out doors and under a big covered wedding tent and it will be evening so hope we get a breeze. Keep your fingers crossed. Anyway I am off to the beauty salon to get a hair do for the occasion.
    Starting weight in August 132 today 131.
    Phyljen
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Today is the big day of the reception. So I'll be partying all night. I weigh in this morning and was down a pound so I did it for this week. YIppee. It is so dang HOT. up to about 103 already and the humidity is horrid. We will all be sweating our little boodies off.
    At least the reception is out doors and under a big covered wedding tent and it will be evening so hope we get a breeze. Keep your fingers crossed. Anyway I am off to the beauty salon to get a hair do for the occasion.
    Starting weight in August 132 today 131.
    Phyljen

Hope you have a great day! It sounds like lots of fun!
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Weigh in time

August 1st weight 179.2
    August 6th weight 178.6 loss of .6

The thing always happens that you really believe in; and the belief in a thing makes it happen.

Make it happen for you...believe you can do this and have a great day!

Terri
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Weigh in time

August 1st weight 179.2
    August 6th weight 178.6 loss of .6

The thing always happens that you really believe in; and the belief in a thing makes it happen.

Make it happen for you...believe you can do this and have a great day!

Terri
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Good morning! I feel like I'm on track for the first week of the challenge. My eating has not been perfect, but I am trying to burn extra calories everyday. I want to hit the five pound goal this month and hopefully carry the momentum until the end of the year and maybe beyond. Just wanted to check in.
    Have a great day!
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I went to bed an hour earlier than usual last night, so I am feeling more rested. Plus, I went to BodyFLOW last night, which helped me relax a bit. I had been going to Pilates every Tuesday night and BodyFLOW every Thursday night, but they changed the schedule on me, and I have been going to a second Pilates class on Thursday for the last few weeks. I missed BF, mostly the relaxation exercise at the end - it really helps clear my mind.

BMK fruit update: I had blueberries and strawberries so far; and have a choice between cherries or an apple for #3, or heck, maybe both!
  • shelli1923
    shelli1923 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    June 1: 162
    July 1: 156

August 1: 150
    August 6: 149 :happy:

Don't have a lot of time, just wanted to weigh-in!
  • fivefatcats
    Options
    Holy smokes - how can there be 11 pages of posts already!!! The first week! I have been away with my husband for the last 5 days (no kids/computer - YAY!)

I don't think I can catch up on everyone so I will start from here!

Me:
    8/1 weight - 157.4
    goal for August - hold between 155-160 - maintaining my losses from June/July
    goal for September - lose 5-10 to get to the 145-155 range and hold.

I am up today (and was yesterday) as the result of a beer/popcorn binge from the last night of my vacation with my husband. I am doing a 'correction' day (all protein day) and hope to be back down to my '"HOLD" weight of 159.2 or close by tomorrow or Sunday at the latest.

Glad to be back!
  • theatremack
    Options
    I'm late checking in, but here I am again this month. I missed last months goal by a pound so we'll do 6 this month!! 164 August Goal 158 this month - OUT OF THE 160's!!!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Weighed in this morning...
    August 1: 213.8
    August 6: 212.6

It's a slow go this month, but being my birthday this past Wed, I had many out days for food, hopefully I'll be back on track next week. My middle brothers 13th bday is the 16 so next weekend we are having a pool party and then the 21st is a MS walk that I signed up for and the following weekend is lazar tag (hopefully), so all my weekends are gonna be a lil rough (but lots of fun!) on the food and exercise front, so I'm planning on lots of fruits and veggie snack instead of chips and candy, etc. This week, exercise wise, I did get in the 2hrs of cleaning and today is my last 1hr walking day. Fruit days are all completed, I ran out of grapes, apples, and bananas! I only have a plum left! Grocery time! I will have next weeks challenge up Monday morning, I pick it, so any exercise ideas, please send a few my way, I have one in mind that anyone can do pretty much anywhere and you don't have to be great at it to do it! ;) Anyway, I'm headed out for my first walk of the day...I might be seeing Pauly Shore tonight in my town (unless it's sold out), so gonna get in as much of my exercise as possible before tonight. Oh, and I call in today for Jury Duty...booo.

XoxoxoX Bru
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I hope everyone is working hard on their respective challenges. Last month didn't go so well for me but i'm keeping my chin up! I'm doing an intermittent fast tonight..something new for me. we'll see how it goes. I wish everyone a great weekend. Enjoy the time with the people you love and work hard toward your goals. check in with you soon! :flowerforyou:
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    08/01- 177.2
    08/06- 176.0

1.2 already :bigsmile: and the humidity is supposed to be WAY down for the next few days so I'm thinking a nice long skate is in order!
    Weddings & birthdays galore this month, hopefully they won't derail me too much :drinker:
  • jesse14472
    jesse14472 Posts: 161
    Options
    Weighing in a day early b/c I won't be near a computer tomorrow.

8/1 197
    8/6 194.5

I was starting to worry about not losing until I realized that I was drinking a lot of water late at night:drinker: . This then carried over into the morning when I was weighing myself throughout the week and it was going up, not down. So I stopped drinking by 8 p.m. and finally got a truer result.:bigsmile:
  • Douniap
    Douniap Posts: 841
    Options
    Weighing in a day early b/c I won't be near a computer tomorrow.

8/1 197
    8/6 194.5

I was starting to worry about not losing until I realized that I was drinking a lot of water late at night:drinker: . This then carried over into the morning when I was weighing myself throughout the week and it was going up, not down. So I stopped drinking by 8 p.m. and finally got a truer result.:bigsmile:

Congratulations on fabulous results.. Wow.. in one week, 3.5 Pounds!! That is awesome:)
    Cheers
    Dounia
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    first weigh in of the month and my strategy of lowering my cals by 200 seems to have worked.

august 1 148
    August 6 146.2

I am very very happy.

On another note, today would have been my mom's 86 birthday. she has been gone for 3 and a half years. I miss her sooooooooo much. Happy birthday Mommy!:drinker:

I hope you all do great this week.
  • krinio
    krinio Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Had a peek at the scale this morning (2 days early:blushing:) and I was exactly the same as last week:cry: I'm not too worried, I've had a really tough week and although I stayed within my goal I wasn't eating quite as healthily as I usually do. Up side is, so far this week I've exercised double my weekly goal:drinker: Quite proud that I've turned stress-eating into stress-exercise!

So when I saw the scale hadn't moved, I sat down and wrote 2 lists. 1) Why do I want to reach my goal weight. and 2) What can I do to achieve my goal. It was very motivating, so fuelled my this new-found motivation I went back to my spin class! (which I hadn't been to for about 3weeks:blushing:) Worked my butt off! And my spin instructor remarked on how I'd lost weight! She thought it was more than 8lbs!
    I've become an absolute exercise addict. Right now as I write this I'm thinking about what time I could get another gym session or swim in today. Great to see everyone is still so motivated. Keep it up guys! We can do this! :)