more proof mcdonald s is yuck

Options

Replies

• ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    I'm all about the Grilled Chicken Ranch BLT Sandwich. Why? Because it has BACON in it.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mbej03cdA41rzbvsto1_250.gif
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Oh look, another self-righteous McDonald's thread from someone still working on hitting their goals . . .
  • SunflowerRox
    SunflowerRox Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Actually the only people i see on there high horses, are the posters. NOT the original poster. What the hell is with all the snide remarks and sarcasim? guys.. COME ON. Mcdonalds is bad for you. There is not one thing that isnt loaded with bad cholesterol, sodium nitrates, chemicals and preservatives. The OP isnt telling anyone not to eat there, but you gotta admit she has a point. How can any of you who are supposed to be here for health and fitness defend that place? Have none of you ever seen "supersize me?" I HIGHLY reccomend it to all of you who just had to pop off smart to the OP. A mcdonalds burger and fries were put in glass container for a whole year and know what happened at the end of that year?... The burger and fries still looked fresh, like they had'nt aged a day. Compare that to the regular burger from home and fresh french fires, that looked like green and brown pile of mold and mush?..yeah im sure you see where im going with this. The stuff isn't food. It doesn't decompose because its all chemicals. Everyone have a good day.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Actually the only people i see on there high horses, are the posters. NOT the original poster. What the hell is with all the snide remarks and sarcasim? guys.. COME ON. Mcdonalds is bad for you. There is not one thing that isnt loaded with bad cholesterol, sodium nitrates, chemicals and preservatives. The OP isnt telling anyone not to eat there, but you gotta admit she has a point. How can any of you who are supposed to be here for health and fitness defend that place? Have none of you ever seen "supersize me?" I HIGHLY reccomend it to all of you who just had to pop off smart to the OP. A mcdonalds burger and fries were put in glass container for a whole year and know what happened at the end of that year?... The burger and fries still looked fresh, like they had'nt aged a day. Compare that to the regular burger from home and fresh french fires, that looked like green and brown pile of mold and mush?..yeah im sure you see where im going with this. The stuff isn't food. It doesn't decompose because its all chemicals. Everyone have a good day.

Because the OP is incorrect. Hopelessly so. It gets to a point that it is amusing to watch people tie themselves in knots over one restaurant chain while so many of us enjoy their food, good health, and better fitness than the self righteous types have, or ever will, experience.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    <
    still eats McDonald's when I so choose.

Bodyfat has dropped below 20%. Weight 122.8. Dead lifts more than 180 pounds.

Understands moderation and also that EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD is a chemical compound or element of some sort. EVERYTHING.

I am 100% chemicals. Science, Bra.

science_animated_gif_by_mysteriousshamrockd5p3shf_zpsa4c00a19.gif
  • kellie1055
    kellie1055 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    WHOA!! Someone who lets their child eat Mcdonalds 6 or 8 times a year is NOT a bad parent!! Your not a fantastic role model yourself to be calling someone else a bad parent.....maybe you should keep some of those opinions to yourself.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2010/11/the-burger-lab-revisiting-the-myth-of-the-12-year-old-burger-testing-results.html

And in Supersize Me, he ONLY ate McDonalds. No one here thinks that is a good idea. Having fast food sometimes isn't a big deal. It's no worse for you than many other processed, prepared foods. What people are taking issue with is the vilification of McDonalds without proof.
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Can't say I'm a big fan of it but my kids love it and once every two or so months we have one as their treat other wise I'd be really mean not letting them, we had it today as it was my sons birthday, did I enjoy it no did they yes, don't worry about other people's eating habits if you are happy eating it then eat if not just walk on by ????

Bad parenting. As someone who has changed their own lifestyle, I would hope that you had the same ambitions for you children. The circle continues...

You're honestly calling someone a bad parent for taking their kids to McDonalds?

Who on Earth are you to judge? Seriously.

Someone takes their kids to McDonalds once a month and you have the nerve to critique their parenting. That blows my mind.

^^^^
    this!!!
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Those fries:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
  • hannahpistolas
    hannahpistolas Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Can't say I'm a big fan of it but my kids love it and once every two or so months we have one as their treat other wise I'd be really mean not letting them, we had it today as it was my sons birthday, did I enjoy it no did they yes, don't worry about other people's eating habits if you are happy eating it then eat if not just walk on by ????

Bad parenting. As someone who has changed their own lifestyle, I would hope that you had the same ambitions for you children. The circle continues...

HIGH AND MIGHTY ALERT. I'm glad being a terrible person who puts down others' parenting skills in a public forum makes you a great parent.

Seriously? Cut the crap. If that's bad parenting then you're a terrible parent. How DARE you be obese (even though you don't eat McDonald's)!!!!!!!!1111one
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I don't really see any "proof" provided.

The only thing I eat from McDonald's is the ice cream/McFlurrys and french fries. Mmmm fries :heart:

love the fries!!!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Damages your DNA LMFAO

This *kitten* gets better everyday!!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

HIGH AND MIGHTY ALERT. I'm glad being a terrible person who puts down others' parenting skills in a public forum makes you a great parent.

Seriously? Cut the crap. If that's bad parenting then you're a terrible parent. How DARE you be obese (even though you don't eat McDonald's)!!!!!!!!1111one

She's not a parent. We could go into details, but it isn't worth the strike.
  • fireproof30
    fireproof30 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yup, and that's why I don't eat there. I only indulge in fast food if I'm "cheating", and even then only once in a great while. I saw "Super Size Me" and it literally made me sick to hear the guy say that he actually "felt better" after eating McDonald's towards the end of his experiment. And there are people who really do eat that stuff 4-5 times a week (or more!)
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Those fries:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

this
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options

Thank you Mmmmona, it's so nice to have access to parenting experts like yourself to show the rest of us the way. Clearly your example is a shining beacon of hope for us lousy parents.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options

In my line of work, I have seen what bad parenting... ACTUAL bad parenting... can do to a person. Eating at a fast food joint once in a while does not even come close to qualifying as being a bad parent.

Sanctimonious AND ill-informed. The circle continues indeed.
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I still can't get past the bad parenting comment.

wtf.gif
This discussion has been closed.