Serious Question for MILFS (pics)

Options

Replies

• nainai0585
    nainai0585 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Only appropriate if your child has special needs.
    End of dscussion.

Ridiculous.

People have got themselves all worked up because of a tenuous association between leads/ leashes and dogs, and are prepared to put their kids at risk rather than look different.

Are you going to take your kid's car seat away now? Is that dehumanising too?

What about safety gates on stairs? That makes your kid look like a little animal in a zoo. Dehumanising! Take them away. The kid will learn not to fall down the stairs!

Children need to learn to navigate our world themselves, unless they have special needs, LIKE MY CHILD, although we don't leash him.
    If ypu can't pay enough attention to them, then don't take them with you.

OH GOD YES!!!!!
  • FitCoachShawn
    FitCoachShawn Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I will only say this! It takes one incident of them running in traffic and some thing happening and you will have wished you used one. Why take a chance with you child. Theyre are NO do overs or second chances. I wouldnt care what any one thought at the end of the day as l was able to tuck them in bed again and again. If that meant harnesses so be it! At least they are alive and I dont care what any one thinks about them. P.S. I used one on my daughter and I really could careless what other people think. My child's safety comes first.. It only takes a split second and there gone!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    My mother sent me a teddy bear harness for my older daughter when we were living in Tokyo. It was adorable and she wanted to wear it and play with it all the time. I wouldn't put it on her because I thought I was against them.

Then one day on an outing to the zoo, she was holding my hand, then decided to to an alligator roll, broke free, and bolted. Imagine a 2 year old child running full speed down a hill through a sea of hundreds of people who won't get out of the way for me to chase after her quick enough. It was terrifying and it took me over 10 minutes to find her.

I became pro-leash that day, and we wore that thing out. And to whoever mentioned the airport, I rarely traveled with my husband, usually me and the big kid when she was little then me, the big kid and the baby when the baby was born. I flew from Tokyo to Florida at least twice a year, and almost always had to connect through Chicago, Atlanta, and LA, the three most confusing airports in the US.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Children need to learn to navigate our world themselves, unless they have special needs, LIKE MY CHILD, although we don't leash him.

OH GOD YES!!!!!

I'm curious... where does the single mom with no support system leave them, if they can't pay attention to them and they need to get groceries, or diapers, or formula?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    My parents had a leash for me when I was little. I was an inquisitive child and a fast runner. It did me no harm.

I think harnessed children should be hitched up to little wagons so they can pull their own stuff around. And maybe a few groceries. And my jacket, if it gets too warm. Stuff like that.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Well, this is not the serious question I was expecting when I saw the title, lol. It seems everyone has a different opinion on this, though, so the "correct" answer is probably just going to be whatever you personally decide.

For me, I will probably NEVER use them with my kids. I have my reasons, and they are in line with what some other people have said...and because I don't want people attacking my opinion, I will keep those reasons to myself.

But if you have a kid that is difficult to control, doesn't mind you and runs into danger even though you are there watching them...then I guess it's a good idea to get one of these. Not all kids are the same, and I suppose some need things like this more than others would.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    My parents had a leash for me when I was little. I was an inquisitive child and a fast runner. It did me no harm.

I think harnessed children should be hitched up to little wagons so they can pull their own stuff around. And maybe a few groceries. And my jacket, if it gets too warm. Stuff like that.

I didn't need a leash to throw extra groceries into the cart when mom wasn't looking. :laugh: That's why she put the cart in the dead center of the aisle with me inside it, lol!!!
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

Heck, if we put enough of them together we can ride in the wagons and hold races!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I think they're a genius idea, especially when tethered to your belt or the handle of a stroller. Who cares how it looks or what anyone else thinks as long as your child is safe. No three or four year old needs to be worried about "navigating our world." I think that can safely wait a few years without too much detriment to the child.

Honestly, I thought this was going to be an eye candy thread.
  • MsEmmy
    MsEmmy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Only appropriate if your child has special needs.
    End of dscussion.

Ridiculous.

People have got themselves all worked up because of a tenuous association between leads/ leashes and dogs, and are prepared to put their kids at risk rather than look different.

Are you going to take your kid's car seat away now? Is that dehumanising too?

What about safety gates on stairs? That makes your kid look like a little animal in a zoo. Dehumanising! Take them away. The kid will learn not to fall down the stairs!

Why do people have stairgates then? Shouldn't they just pay more attention? Everyone who has stairgates is lazy or not paying enough attention to their child? Seriously. These arguments don't hold water.
  • MsEmmy
    MsEmmy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    And it's not about kids being naughty, or parents being lazy, or parents not having enough discipline.

Children are by nature impulsive little creatures. They all get told not to run out into the street but I bet everyone has tried it at least once. Thay all go through developmental stages where they don't think before acting.

I just hope all the 'harnesses make your kid look like a dog' people have time to climb down off their high horses and catch their kid before he runs into a door/ the traffic/ gets lost in a crowd.
  • 122ish
    122ish Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I bought one of these 14yrs ago for my youngest specifically for a Disneyland trip. Back then these were not known so I got some dirty looks for the 30 mins my son wore it. I felt so embarrassed and my son was not complying and would drop to the ground until I removed it. He once found a purse he liked at the mall at the age of 2 and bolted 4 stores down before I caught him, that is just one of the examples of why I bought it. I made it through the other 2 without one, I just felt bad putting one on them, but I I think they are very helpful and some kids need them
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    The whole "danger from traffic" argument is spacious - most leashes I've seen are used in places where the risk seems to be one of letting a child wander off in a store, mall or park. Zoos? Do parents live in places where wild animals roam freely? Mostly not.

Let's face it - it's a tool of convenience. I don't care if you use one. I never needed one, it doesn't make me a better or worse parent.

Convenience can be good. I didn't use cloth diapers, we had great throw away baby bottle inserts, a stroller rather than carrying the child, we even drove places. Convenience. Call it what it is.
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    my kids went everywhere with me and learnt that they don't get to go if they run off they became very good shoppers when they were young not so much any more but now I don't have to worry, my husbands niece never took her kids any where so when she had to they always took off, since they didn't know any better and felt they had to explore, and we all got exercise. I have always thought they were terrible even when I didn't have kids it was taking your dog for a walk and kids are not dogs and if you teach them and watch them they will learn, I have a lot of problems with my son and still never had to tie him up, even at a zoo or any place busy
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

Heck, if we put enough of them together we can ride in the wagons and hold races!

Races are a fantastic idea! They're all "runners" anyway. By the way, to the people saying that if you use a harness your children won't learn to run into traffic, I am proud to say that I now walk without a harness and am on a 43 year streak of never being struck and killed by a car. *proud*
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    2msrfF6.jpg

or leashes

THIS!
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Since I'm not a MILF, I can't answer this question.
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    My son was a HUGE runner and bolter until 5 and we never used one. It can be done. It takes alot of work and never ever letting go or letting them out of your eyesight, but, it can be done.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    A lot of people are saying they didn't exist in the 60's/70's and we didn't need them. My older brother was born in 68. He was apparently super hyperactive and would take off with anyone. My mom was always talking about how she kept him on a leash as a toddler and she never felt bad about it, she felt it was good parenting. I was the opposite. I didn't need one because I was very shy and terrified of strangers. My favorite activity was clinging to my mom's leg. If it's needed, I don't think it's a bad thing to use. Might save the kid's life.
  • jus_in_bello
    jus_in_bello Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I don't harness the kids I babysit, if they take off I'm sure someone will take them in and care for them. They're rather cute kids.