hotties only date other hotties...

Options
yea, I'm kidding. Some people actually prefer intelligent conversations with a decent person. It's not all about looks and money. Well, not for everyone, anyway....

Replies

• PoopieMonster
    PoopieMonster Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Well, not for everyone, anyway....

Just most of us.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    Well, not for everyone, anyway....

Just most of us.

whatever floats your boat.
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Looks, intelligence and money doesn't hurt either.
    Options

didn't say it did, but that's not what its all about.
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options

No it doesn't hurt but rarely will you ever find someone with all three attributes. I go for intellegence and personality. That is what matters to me. I have my own money I don't need nor want theirs. As far as looks go yes attractive is nice but as you get to know someone they become more attractive to you as you get to know them if you like them. :-)
    Options

No it doesn't hurt but rarely will you ever find someone with all three attributes. I go for intellegence and personality. That is what matters to me. I have my own money I don't need nor want theirs.

thank you. That was the point I was getting at. I'd prefer to have stimulating conversations than have him take me on a shopping spree.
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options

I did not mean it in that way...more of a bonus if you could have it all.
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    So where the hell do I sit on this scale?

The last two women I asked out blew me off. One did the Old, "maybe", "We'll see". WTF, am I a six year old asking for a cookie? Just say thanks but no thanks. The second woman had been flirting with me for weeks, and yes it was flirting, not just being nice. She made several remarks about how she would date me, liked older men, how she found my sense of humor to be attracitve quality. When I asked her out on a date, she said yes, then when we went to nail down plans, she said she just wanted to do a freinds thing cuz she isnt ready to date anyone yet... SMH...

At this rate, I almost want to give up on women all together... well, not all together, but dating is making me want to get a mail order bride

No I am not rich, but make a good living, I may not be totally hot, but not bad either, and as for personality, effin forget about it, I am the funniest person I know, bar none! It should also be noted that while I play a bad boy on TV, I am easily wrapped around a womans finger and whipped behind closed doors. Perfect guy, I tell you! LOL

Go ahead ladies, give me some honest feedback, what the hell are you looking for?
  • BOOMaggedon
    BOOMaggedon Posts: 244 Member
    Options

The last two women I asked out blew me off. One did the Old, "maybe", "We'll see". WTF, am I a six year old asking for a cookie? Just say thanks but no thanks. The second woman had been flirting with me for weeks, and yes it was flirting, not just being nice. She made several remarks about how she would date me, liked older men, how she found my sense of humor to be attracitve quality. When I asked her out on a date, she said yes, then when we went to nail down plans, she said she just wanted to do a freinds thing cuz she isnt ready to date anyone yet... SMH...

At this rate, I almost want to give up on women all together... well, not all together, but dating is making me want to get a mail order bride

No I am not rich, but make a good living, I may not be totally hot, but not bad either, and as for personality, effin forget about it, I am the funniest person I know, bar none! It should also be noted that while I play a bad boy on TV, I am easily wrapped around a womans finger and whipped behind closed doors. Perfect guy, I tell you! LOL

Go ahead ladies, give me some honest feedback, what the hell are you looking for?

I used to wonder the very same thing. I am far from being a hottie. I was always told how funny and witty I was. But I later found out the issue wasn't with my looks, my personality, or my bank account...for me it was insecurity. Just like dogs & bees can smell fear...women can smell a guy who isn't secure with himself. Once I got a little swag...I met my wife and ce la vi.

I love the "six year old asking for a cookie." line. Keep being you man! As a wise man told me once - there may be a lot of fish in the sea...but if your line ain't in the water...you ain't catchin' none.
  • BOOMaggedon
    BOOMaggedon Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    PS - Sorry for the "non lady" feed back. Did not mean to c**k block.
  • Sweaty_N_Hungry
    Options
    yea, I'm kidding. Some people actually prefer intelligent conversations with a decent person. It's not all about looks and money. Well, not for everyone, anyway....

Okay don't take me wrong, I'm certainly not attacking you or your post. But for sake of discussion...

If looks don't matter, why do you work so hard at looking so good? Or does your post not reflect your opinion of this?
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options

I used to wonder the very same thing. I am far from being a hottie. I was always told how funny and witty I was. But I later found out the issue wasn't with my looks, my personality, or my bank account...for me it was insecurity. Just like dogs & bees can smell fear...women can smell a guy who isn't secure with himself. Once I got a little swag...I met my wife and ce la vi.

I love the "six year old asking for a cookie." line. Keep being you man! As a wise man told me once - there may be a lot of fish in the sea...but if your line ain't in the water...you ain't catchin' none.

^this is great advice.

i'm inclined to say those two women you were referring to aren't the ones for you. lots of women are flaky, just like plenty of men are (as i've been finding out). i hate dating too--but it's a game, and we have to play the elimination game. you've just eliminated two women who you don't need. time to move on and you'll find someone (just like i'm told i'll find someone too!). for what it's worth, i put myself out there with a guy and got rejected. but this past weekend, i was just doing my thang and got approached multiple times (not asked out per se). anyway, we'll keep on working the confidence muscles and we'll get there!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    My right hand thinks I'm cute!
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Haha. This thread took a different turn than what I was expecting. :happy:

I think I'm a pretty nice guy (grew up a happy kid in Hawaii and that happiness never left), wanted money (went to law school and been practicing for a while now), and now want to work on the "hottie" angle (so I joined MFP and started grinding).

Working for the Trifecta! :happy: #goyou #gome #goteammfp
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options

^this is great advice.

i'm inclined to say those two women you were referring to aren't the ones for you. lots of women are flaky, just like plenty of men are (as i've been finding out). i hate dating too--but it's a game, and we have to play the elimination game. you've just eliminated two women who you don't need. time to move on and you'll find someone (just like i'm told i'll find someone too!). for what it's worth, i put myself out there with a guy and got rejected. but this past weekend, i was just doing my thang and got approached multiple times (not asked out per se). anyway, we'll keep on working the confidence muscles and we'll get there!

^^ I totally agree with all of this...
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    My right hand thinks I'm cute!

All of us think you're cute, taunto! xxo
  • simplyciera
    simplyciera Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'll take a smart, funny, sweet guy over a 'hot' guy any day. Who wants someone they can't talk to? Or laugh with?
    Idk...I'm not that shallow.
    && if a person doesn't want to be with you, take it as a blessing that you're not wasting your time with someone that's not right for you. Don't get all sad. Go find people that like you for what you bring to the table & not chase after people that are wrong for you.
    & yes, I've taken my own advice. I loveeeeee the cheesy dudes that are witty & smart lol. I'll take a date to a museum/ amusement park over an expensive dinner where a guy is trying to impress me with his money anyday!!!!
    :)
  • bethanylerew
    bethanylerew Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    just continue to be an honest, truthful and cordial man. eventually, most women realize that the bad boy or the wild man are never going to change and mr. right has been there all along.

at least that's how it came about for me. kissed a lot of frogs and finally found my prince.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    It takes all kinds and it's a bit absurd to even try and generalize when it comes to matters of taste.

That said, I'm very lucky to have married a woman with the total package: beauty, intelligence, humor, and charm. Oh, and she's a damn good mom too. I count my blessings every day.
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Eh.. I'm bad about keeping a nice guy I am not that interested in on the hook, because I am afraid to let one go before I am 100% sure there isn't anything there. I keep thinking that if I just get to know them better, the attraction will flair...

Fail on so many levels.