What are you currently reading?

Options

Replies

• april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I am a huge Sue Grafton fan! She's the one who has the alphabet series with the lead female character as a private investigator. I just finished "I is for Innocent" and need to order the J book.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    I finally finished "An Echo in the Bone" by Diana Gabaldon.

Started "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins - which I can't seem to put it down. I've already ordered the next one the series. Thanks to whoever suggested these books.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    The Lord Of The Rings. I have never seen the films and never thought it would be my cup of tea at all, but I am so into it, I have bought all three now.
  • chelleim
    chelleim Posts: 78
    Options
    I love the author Jodi Picoult and just recently finished her novel House Rules. It was a great murder mystery that included a lot of information about what it is like to live with Asperger's.

I also enjoy all of her books and have seen her speak. She is great by the way! I found the last book a little difficult to finish. I had to take a break about half way through for some reason.

I am currently finishing the 4th book in the Cape Refuge series called Breaker's Reef by Terri Blackstock.

Unfortunately I understand not being able to read much while in school and I am about to start on another graduate degree so my reading will be limited; however, I love all of the ideas for future books to read on this thread!
  • EmmaBussell
    Options
    i am currently Reading My Sisters Keeper, heard its a real tear jerker :(
    x
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Evidence by Jonathan Kellerman
  • bikinimission
    Options
    Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts - it's huge but I love the story.
  • jez838
    jez838 Posts: 216
    Options
    Just Finished reading By Midnight - Mia James. Another Vamp romance but its pretty good. Set in London near Highgate cemetary.
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    This is completely boring because it's non-fiction but The 360degree leader....John C. Maxwell. I'm finding it very insightful
  • countrymama08
    Options
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter. I have seen the series and wanted to check out the books.

I just finished The Surgeon (a Rizzoli and Isles book) by Tess something or another.
    I also read a Charlain Harris book.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Stephen King - Under The Dome
  • 2corinthians416
    Options
    Really lame but I'm re-reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.. I've read all the other H.P. books countles times and this is the only one I've read once... I didn't quite like it when I first read it; I remember being dissapointed. I'm giving it another go!
  • kitt7769
    kitt7769 Posts: 23
    Options
    Deadly Decisions by Kathy Reichs

I love to read and found lots of great ideas from everyone. Thanks. :)
  • amg_89
    amg_89 Posts: 184
    Options
    I just finished I Am America (And so can You!) By one Stephen Colbert. Absolutely fantastic.
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Just finshed Summer's child...was great up until the end, I was really let down, I've just started to read, The diary of Anne Frank.
  • LJK100
    LJK100 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    MAN...those Steig Larson books are so good...I had a hard time getting into the first one...lots of names and such...but am now anxiously awaiting the last one to come from the library. The Danish Movie of the first book was really great also, gotta read the subtitles tho, was well worth it.
  • roxie0920
    Options
    I've been making my way through Jane Austen's books, b/c I loved Pride & Prejudice in high school (which I graduated in 2004 and am just now getting to this because I also couldn't read much during college!)

Anywho, I've reread Pride & Prejudice, read Sense & Sensibility, and am now reading Persuasion.

BTW, my fave vampire book series thus far is the Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter series by Laurell K Hamilton :)

Kudos to you. Jane Austen is masterful. You should check out Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. It's reworked to include some gore, which I htink austen would have really enjoyed considering her view on gothic novels.

Currently reading The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne. Next to read: The Four Loves by C.S. Lewis - hopefully, before classes start up again!
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I'm re-reading an old copy of Murder Science. It's a book about forensic science and murder investigations. Yeah, I'm weird.....:tongue:
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    I finished "The Hunger Games" this weekend (2 days:blushing:) and have moved on to "Catch Fire" the second book of the series by Suzanne Collins.
  • TammyBee
    TammyBee Posts: 178
    Options
    The fourth book in Dean Koontz's Frankenstein series just came out so i am rereading the first 3 and then will read the final one.