Eating at Taco Bell, what would you order ?

Options

Replies

• paxbfl
    paxbfl Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I don't get the attitude that you shouldn't eat at Taco Bell. I mean, obviously it's not the healthiest place to eat. But if you're out on the road and have to stop somewhere, you could definitely do worse. At least they have some semi-healthy options.

I get 2 Fresco Chicken Soft Tacos (with some FIRE sauce yum) and a bottle of water

300 calories
    7g fat
    36g carbs
    22g protein

That fits into my calorie counts even when I'm trying to lose. Right now, I'm in maintenance so I might even have a 3rd taco (450 calories total) if I have the calories to spare.
  • missshyeviolett
    missshyeviolett Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow I'm riding my bike to the train station, taking class at lunch, AND walking my usual 5 miles or so in the city JUST SO THAT I CAN EAT LOTS OF TACO BELL!
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Great, now I want some Taco Bell!

I used to get the regular taco supremes with a side of cinnamon twists.

Now I get soft beef tacos.

Either way, I love a TON of the hot sauce on them.

Switch to chicken. The nutrient density will just about triple. Their "beef" is only like...30-40% actual meat.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/25/taco-bell-beef-lawsuit_n_813185.html
  • chelseagirlfl
    chelseagirlfl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    water
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Then: Nothing. In general I don't like Taco Bell, I prefer Taco Bueno if I want fast TexMex food. But, there's no Taco Bueno near my office. Other option is Burger King, which I still like, I just don't want to tempt myself with the fries. Always used to get a Whopper Jr and small fry - not SO bad, but if I eat that for lunch I have to reduce my Cals for breakfast and/or dinner and I don't want to do that. So, no.

Today (Literally. I ran out of food and didn't get a chance to go to the grocery store yesterday, so it's Taco Bell for lunch): Either a couple of chicken soft tacos, or a black bean burrito. They fit nicely in my macros.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I always order a crunchwrap supreme because I like it. At 540 calories, I think it's a pretty good choice, but I don't really track macros - I find everything usually balances out.
  • missshyeviolett
    missshyeviolett Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I don't even count TB as mexican food. It's in a category of it's own. And it's glorious.

tumblr_luwnkmVwwj1qfjyawo1_400.gif
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Switch to chicken. The nutrient density will just about triple. Their "beef" is only like...30-40% actual meat.

That is flat-out false. Just because someone claimed it in a failed lawsuit (it has since been withdrawn) doesn't mean it's true.

Their "taco meat" is like 90% ground beef. The rest is water, spices (just like the seasoning mix you buy at the grocery), and some oat protein for texture and consistency.

http://www.tacobell.com/Company/newsreleases/NOT_SO_SECRET_RECIPE_2011
  • alsunrise
    alsunrise Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Three Dorito Locos tacos (regulars) and/or a Griller. If and when I rarely eat there anymore, it's only on a run day.

^This exactly... except I go to Taco Bell pretty often.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Compare what the old you would order, and what the now / new you would order

Make sure to include the macros and calories !

I'd order 2 double decker tacos. The old me would order 2 double decker tacos. It's my favorite thing they have (since they discontinued the tostada) and I rarely go there so when I do, I have it.

I don't know the macros or calories but I'm sure they have a website.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    No we won't tell you it's ok to eat Taco Bell.
    Personally eat there once a week. It's fine if you count it in your daily calories and don't go overboard. I usually get the Chicken soft taco Fresco.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

No worries. I'll tell the OP it's OK to eat there. Because it is.

In terms of fast food, it's actually better than most. A lot of the items, particularly the ones made with beans, have way more fiber than you'll find other places.
  • KirstenMarie18
    KirstenMarie18 Posts: 35 Member
    Options

It IS okay to eat Taco Bell.. as long as you don't go overboard.

My personal favorite has always been the beefy crunch burrito.. or the cheesy potatoes!!
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Nothing, I won't eat Taco Bell.
  • amandajones1978
    Options
    Before: 2 Chicken Soft Tacos, 340 cal.

Now: Dont eat there.
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I don't eat there often but if I do I usually order the Cantina Bowl with chicken or I order two chicken soft tacos.
  • HotrodsGirl0107
    HotrodsGirl0107 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I still eat the same things as I used to just in different quantities. I don't have all the nutrition information, but I usually get two chicken soft tacos (fresco) and a side of rice. Calorie wise it is around 500 for the meal. Used to I would have 5 or 6 chicken soft tacos with rice, cinnamon twists and a large coke.

Now my healthy lifestyle is about moderation.
  • airen123
    airen123 Posts: 149
    Options
    If you’re looking for a healthy drive-thru diet, check out Taco Bell’s Fresco menu. All meals have less than 9 g of fat, and the meats have 25 percent less fat than the regular menu options. Try the Grilled Steak Soft Taco, which has only 150 calories and just 4 g of fat. Or test out bigger 340-calorie Burrito Supreme. The white-meat chicken meal contains 17 g of protein and 7 g of fiber. (
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    before- family 10 pack of tacos. or a burrito supreme and 3-4 tacos
    now- haven't eaten there in probably 2 years. I'd rather go to the real Mexican place right across the street.
  • pamnault
    pamnault Posts: 1
    Options
    The Cantina Bowl without cilantro dressing and guacamole, or any of the tacos "freso" style. That means they replace all the sour cream, cheese, etc. with pica de gallo. Big difference in fat and calories.