June goals:
    Log food diary every day
    Exercise 4 days a week
    Really play with my little boys at least an hour every day

Kas Grand Rapids, MI
  • jjdig
    jjdig Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Oh boy! Motivation and support all in one!
    Goals for June - get back off sugar as much as possible (not too hard core, but skip the sugary things and
    chocolate and cookie dough)..
    Up the weekend mileage to prepare for half marathon in the local "mountains"..
    Get more disciplined on tracking, and saying no to junk food.
    Looking forward to participating in this group!
    :)
  • melodys_attic
    melodys_attic Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hey there,
    I found this group thanks to many wonderful women who have become My Fitness Pals who are part of this.
    I am continuing along. I lose occasionally. I seem to manage not to gain. Not much anyway. I am getting healthier and healthier. It is taking a long time, but it took me a long time to get how I was.
    I have a chronic back injury that was dormant for years and has just flared up again. So I am back to almost daily therapy. I had been doing things like 30 day shreds, but that will be on hold. I am happy I have been advised that walking is ok and even good, so I am going to be doing that everyday. So goals for June:
    walk 60 minutes per day X 5 days per week (ideally in our beautiful waterfowl park)
    do physio exercises once I'm told I'm allowed
    eat an apple a day
    eat a salad based meal per day
    eat a side salad at another meal per day
    get a pedicure
    breeeeeeeeeeeathe
    Cheers,
    Melody
    from beautiful Eastern Canada
  • christschild2
    christschild2 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    It's June ladies. Do you know what that means. It means hot weather and little to no clothes. It means making sure my feet are sandal ready. Am I really ready for that?! I'm getting there. Last month was not as good as I hoped, but better than I expected. I lost a total of 5 lbs, but I could have lost more if I hadn't had that extra helping of potato salad. :grumble:

To all of the New Ladies, to this thread,:bigsmile: HELLLLOOO AND WELCOME!!!!:flowerforyou: Don't be shy, we're all here for the same reasons. Glad to have you aboard.

My goals for June:

:flowerforyou: Get out and smell the roses. That means walk more.

:drinker: Drink only water for the month. Need to tame my taste buds again.

:happy: Encourage my fitness partner more. She's in a little slump:sad:

:smile: Begin the Daniel Fast again. I did it in January. Don't know why I quit. The Super Bowl, UGH!! :embarassed:

:ohwell: My play is not going as planned, Explore a new way to get motivated to finish.

:sick: Beat my illness with holistic and ayurvedic herbs, diet and remedies

:wink: Make more of my hair and skin products. I've gotten a little lazy these past months

:happy: Offer my services to the assisted living and convalescence communities.

:smile: SMILE AND THE WORLD SMILES WITH YOU. FROWN AND YOU FROWN ALONE. Thank you Mrs. Jones for making me memorize this quote in 6th grade. She was the best teacher in the world!!!

From the colorful state of Michigan
  • christschild2
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello everyone!
    I am new to this thread and this site. I look forward to asking you all for help in my quest to lose weight. I am diabetic (type 2) along with suffering from Irritable Bowel Syndrome. This makes it difficult for me to follow a traditional diabetic diet. Right now I am starting from scratch and am eating basically a bland diet and adding a food daily to see how my intestines react to the food. I suffer from severe diarrhea otherwise.
    A friend of mine who you may know recommended this site to me. She goes by the name of chicletgirl. I am hoping she will be writing on her soon too.
    I look forward to receiving any advice and food/recipe suggestions.
    candygirl:love:

Welcome to the thread and to the site, CandyGirl03b. I hope things go well for you as you reintroduce foods back into your system. Hang in there. You can only go up from here.
  • christschild2
    Options
    Joining your grouop!

Welcome aboard KindleKate!!
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :smile: Gosh what a busy start to the month! Page 2 already and it's not even 8am here in York UK.

:flowerforyou: Happy first of June everyone, just marking my spot for later, getting ready to go food shopping now. Promise to get lots of healthy food :bigsmile:

I really need to get back on the waggon, I wanted to lose some weight before my holiday at the end of the month, but the scale is going up instead of down, :frown: :frown: so fed up.

It's a new month, so I'm hoping to do better.

Chat again soon.

Viv xx
  • sunshine61250
    sunshine61250 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    WOO HOO! Hubby comes home today! And I didn't have to get up at 4 am to scream at the birds. My hubby collects clocks and we have them all over the house. Most of them go off every 15 minutes. I sleep right through them. But the weather is nice and the silly birds are chirping at 4 a.m.! Last night I put a fan in the room and turned it on high for some white noise. Slept until 8 this morning! NICE way to start June!

Joyce - is her name Houdini? :laugh:

colograndma - congrats on your NSV! :flowerforyou:

Deb A - We really looking forward to it! Is it expensive to buy your own gear? Do you wear wetsuits all the time? Maybe it's just because the fjords are so cold here? I'll let you know how I do. :smile:

grandmallie - it's been on my bucket list for a while too! I'm really excited to finally try it. Way to go getting your steps in! :flowerforyou:

kathy - WOO HOO! Congrats! I'm glad you had such a wonderful day!

mollybesweet - good evening to you too! (But it is morning for me here!) :flowerforyou:

Michele - Man, I'm exhausted just reading about your day! How in the world do you find time to exercise?

Barbie - I hope you have a wonderful day! Maybe I should try to come up with some goals!

candygirl - WELCOME! :flowerforyou: Good luck getting things sorted out!

KindleKate - WELCOME! :flowerforyou:

Ginny - WELCOME! :flowerforyou: You are already doing better than me. I've never done goals .... you've now shamed me into it though. I will come up with some goals by the end of my post!

Debbie - WELCOME! :flowerforyou: Oh man, you have goals too! :embarassed:

salsmomma - WELCOME! :flowerforyou:

Liz - WELCOME BACK! :flowerforyou:

Kas - WELCOME! :flowerforyou: Another newbie with goals! I'm so proud of all of you and WILL have goals shortly! :embarassed:

jjdig - WELCOME! :flowerforyou: Another newbie with goals!! :embarassed:

Melody - WELCOME! :flowerforyou: That is my sister's name! Great job with the goals!

christschild2 - :heart: your name!

Ok, I have been shamed by all the newbies! THANK YOU! I should have done goals many months ago but just never got around to it.

June goals

Walk at least 30 minutes everyday
    End the month with a weight loss - this is going to be HARD as we'll be on a cruise for 12 days!!!

Joy in beautiful Stavanger, Norway
  • brookehe
    brookehe Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Though I haven’t commented since page 8 in May I have been reading everyone’s posts daily. Have been really, really down and always feel like “if you don’t have something nice to say, say nothing”. June will be a better month. I’ve also been on a weight plateau, no loss since 5/4 so have decided to up my calories by 100 for two weeks and see if that gets the metabolism moving again.

MAY GOALS:
    Zumba DVD 3x week NO (when I unpackaged it I found it was damaged and unusable)
    65 miles NO (bad weather week one undid me on this, got in 42 though)
    Daily exercise of some kind YES
    Strength training every other day YES
    Logging every day YES
    At least 8 fruits/veggies daily YES (all but one day)
    No less than 8 glasses of water each day YES
    At least one meatless day per week NO (embarrassed to say I forgot this was on my list)
    CONTINUE TO IMPROVE MY LIFE AND HEALTH Yes

JUNE GOALS:
    Exercise DVD 3x week
    75 miles minimum (Move Your *kitten* Challenge)
    Daily exercise of some kind
    Strength training and Standing Abs every other day
    Logging every day
    At least 8 fruits/veggies daily
    No less than 8 glasses of water each day
    At least one meatless day per week
    Commit random acts of kindness
    CONTINUE TO IMPROVE MY LIFE AND HEALTH

Brooke from Colorado

“The less you speak the more you hear. The more you hear, the more you know.”
  • moxie1962
    moxie1962 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    bump for June.
  • DancesWithDogz
    DancesWithDogz Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hello - Newbie here...
    I'm an online Weight Watchers member, but thought I would try this site for tracking.
    I use a Blackberry and the app for the BB is excellent. WW's BB app is, well, non-existent - has a points calculator but that's it.
    So - I'm all about goals...mini ones to start, so here are mine:

JUNE GOALS:
    Walk my dogs every day - minimum 20 minutes
    Walk with my colleagues - minimum 30 minutes - 3 days per week (I work at home 1 or 2 days / week)
    Get 7500 steps in every day (healthy goal is 10,000 per day)
    100 Dumb Bell reps every day (3 lb weights for week 1 and 2, then 5 lbs weights week 3 and 4)
    50 squats every day for week 1 and 2, then 75 week 3 and 100 week 4
    7 - 7 Rule (only eat between 7 am and 7 pm)
    Visit this site every day
    6 Fruits/Veggies daily
    6 "plain" water daily (minimum)
    Do a "pay it forward" act of kindness....
    Finish my final unit for my design course
    finish 1 of my 6 books sitting on my end table!

Marlene from Kawartha Lakes
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

Welcome to everyone new:flowerforyou: !!! Come in often and make this a part of your day! Great support on this thread!!!

My May goals....I didn`t do very well at all last month:frown:

1) Eat 1600 calories everyday:noway: , not consistent with this at all:grumble:
    2) Buy protein powder:noway: :grumble: didn`t do that either.
    3) Use my resistance bands 3 times a week:noway: , I`m not even sure where they are:embarassed:
    4) Get flowers planted:bigsmile: :flowerforyou: , yes!
    5) Finish cleaning the closet out:noway: :sad: .

Goals for June...
    1) Walk for at least 60 minutes everyday
    2) Try a new veggie from the Farmers Market this month
    3) Slow down and take some time for myself, things were crazy the month of May!
    4) Find something to laugh about everyday
    5) Remember to enjoy life!

I think it`s time to get started on goal #1 right now, it`s a gorgeous morning:bigsmile: :glasses: , just right for a nice walk!

Have a wonderful day ladies!!! Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and log your food!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in beautiful sunny NC:glasses:
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,206 Member
    Options
    Brooke - glad to have you back. We've missed you.:heart:
    WELCOME new people.. This thread has been such a help to me. Truly it has kept me going when the going got tough. Thankyou Barbie for organising us :flowerforyou:
    Didn't put any weight on this holiday - hooray! !!!!:happy: I think by tomorrow there may be another .5 lost, but we will have to see. It's hovering.
    NSV for me. I have a few necklaces that I have had to stop wearing because they were too tight round the neck. I bought chain extensions for them. I tried two on the other day and I didn't have to put the extensions on. They looked fine! ! You don't think about your neck shrinking! :laugh:
    Goals for June. -

Lose 1.5 lbs. :laugh:
    Buy some heavier dumbbells and use them.
    Buy some new trainers and some new 'best' shoes for DSIL' s party.
    Buy some attractive exercise clothes to celebrate my new figure:blushing:
    Eat 1750 cals a day. EMTLW.

Weather here in the south of England is set fair for the weekend. More watering! We have metered water so use water butts for the garden. Means a lot of carting watering cans, but I love my veg! Will do some work there this pm to repair the ravages of our week away.
    Love you all, Heather in sunny Hampshire, England
  • sunshine61250
    sunshine61250 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Though I haven’t commented since page 8 in May I have been reading everyone’s posts daily. Have been really, really down and always feel like “if you don’t have something nice to say, say nothing”. June will be a better month.

{{{{{{{{Brooke}}}}}}}}} I'm sorry you are so down. Is there anyway we can help?

Marlene - WELCOME! :flowerforyou: Man, you have a lot of goals .... I think I need to rethink mine. I think I made them too easy. (I don't like to fail!)

DeeDee - good morning yourself! I hope you had a FANTASTIC walk this morning!

Heather - hooray for not gaining weight and for your necklaces fitting! :drinker:

I'm just sitting at home patiently waiting for hubby to get here. The flight from Amsterdam had problems (something about a tire on the plane) so he's been delayed. :grumble: Oh well, better to find the problem before they leave than to land and have the tire explode I guess. :tongue: Yesterday was beautiful here, but today I'm thinking about a fire in the fireplace. Hopefully the weather will still be nice tomorrow for the kayaking trip!

Joy in beautiful but cold Stavanger, Norway
  • Yardtigress
    Yardtigress Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Gee, go to sleep and wake up to two pages of reading.

Welcome to all the new folks, this thread is the place to be all very nice people.

Kayla-I've had a few sales on the site, I sell mostly at art and craft shows. I used to to 8-12 shows a year, now I do about 5 bigger shows. This year I'm only doing 2 shows, one in KY and one in NC.

Texasgal-nice rose, we are more of food plants, than flowers here, but a rose is one that I do know.

Connie- my DH made my displays. What do you make?

Kathy- so happy for you, I can't wait to be out of the X's.

Michele- thanks she will need my support

Joy- I collect clocks too. Mine aren't the noisy kind, except the Zandam clock from Holland it chimes.

Well the tea is gone and so it's time to start the day. I have to think out my goals a little more so I'll be back later.

Tigress in GA
  • kathyszoo
    kathyszoo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Happy June 1st! :flowerforyou:

I had written a nice long post and responded to a lot of you personally and then, you guessed it, I clicked something and poof-post gone and ended up on some gaming website. :noway: :grumble: :frown: Now I'm out of time if I want to get to aqua zumba on time. I do remember a couple of things. One goal for June will be to buy and use a pedometer. So many of you have been discussing them that I am curious to see how many steps, or lack therof, I do right now and think this will motivate me to increase my walking especially now that I have better shoes. This may sound silly, but does it make any difference what kind you buy? I only ask because some have you have commented about them not staying on properly or not logging accurately. Is it ok to buy a cheap one or not? Any advice welcome!

Rori- Thanks for sharing that quote. I'm going to post it on my facebook page to hopefully inspire others!

Candygirl- My daughter also has Irritable Bowel so I will ask her if she has any advice to share but your plan about reintroducing foods gradually is definitely a good one!

Welcome to all the new people! This is a great thread, that Barbie is so kind to keep going month to month, for support, encouragement, laughter and just to share the good and bad! :heart: :drinker:

Joy- Yay, for hubby coming home! His clock collection sounds awesome! My mom collected something a little larger when I was growing up-rolltop desks! :laugh: I was fortunate enough to get both the big one my dad used and one I remembered going to buy with her when I was little, after they both passed. So I only have 4 besides the 2 student ones my kids have but that is enough since they take up so much space!

No more time but I did read all the posts! Think we're up to about 36 here already! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Kathy in IL-where the sun needs to be out later for our Neighborhood Association Party at the Park raising money for our local food pantry!!!
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Quick post before I rush off to the hospital again. Dad had a stent put into an artery at the back of his neck yesterday. It's a fairly new procedure for stroke victims. Fingers crossed.

Happy June to everyone.

Love to all.
    Amanda x
  • edraper70
    edraper70 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Bump

Off to a high school graduation and a couple of parties today and tomorrow.

Eileen near San Diego
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Off to find my May goals post and see which ones I met. This month, I'm going to write them down and post them where I can see them. I suspect the reason I'm not taking them seriously is because I post and run.
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    My May post:

"Good morning! I'm jumping back in for May. I have taken a break from reading this thread for a few months. I've sort of taken a break from everything except logging in and walking. I have been faithful to those. I have been playing with the same 3 lbs since January. My May goal is to hit Onederland. That was also my Christmas goal, my Valentine's goal, and my daughter's birthday (Apr 14) goal and I haven't reached it yet. I am only 3 lbs away, but it's like there is a mental block against losing more weight.

I've really struggled a lot lately with excess snacking and sugar. It hasn't put any weight back on, but it hasn't been helpful in my weight loss efforts either.

My 2nd May goal is to keep up with this thread to hold me more accountable."

Well, nothing like reading it in black and white to see that I was a slacker. Not only did I not reach Onederland, but I didn't keep up with this thread either!

Goals for June:

1. Weigh below 200 lbs.
    2. Beat the after dinner candy habit. (I'm going to try some of those 50 or 60 calorie frozen fruit pop things to see if that will help. DH has to have the candy in the house. He is OCD (seriously), not overweight, and has to have two pieces per night with nuts after dinner. It isn't fair to him for me to make him keep them out of the house, but I can ask him to keep them out of my sight. He can't help it that he can eat two pieces and be satisfied, while I tend to eat 6 or 10. I keep thinking he will voluntarily give it up to be supportive of me, but I don't think it's going to happen. He just doesn't understand. His good qualities far outweigh his compulsions, so I think I'll keep him, but the candy thing is hard.)
    3. Log water and drink at least 64 oz per day.
    4. Keep up with this thread. At least read it and the success stories daily, even I don't necessarily post.