Looking for other 40-50 age group w/ motivation to be fit.

Options

Replies

• Giget
    Giget Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Count me in please!! Turning 57 next month and still 25-30 lbs away from goal:(
  • taxevazion
    taxevazion Posts: 6
    Options
    38414135.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • GettingItBack48
    Options
    I'm a 48 year old woman. I'm 5"5 and 250 lbs. I want to get to 200. Count me in!
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I'll be 44 in a few months working hard to get back in shape :)
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I do believe that what we think is more than half the battle. I don't think there is as huge a difference as some of us believe between 20's, 30's and 40's.
  • Pumpitusa
    Pumpitusa Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Count me in too Please
  • GrendlStig
    GrendlStig Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join! I don't have a lot of weight to lose, but I am looking to re-shape the sagging parts. I'll be 45 in a few days and I work out 6 days a week. Count me in!
  • DMJS
    DMJS Posts: 46
    Options
    Count me in. I'm 49 and REALLY want to loose 50 lbs in 5 months. My daughter is getting married. Please add me EVERYONE we can motivate each other.
  • juiceplusbecky
    juiceplusbecky Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Almost 45 - 12 pounds from first goal! Would like to hit it by my birthday (3 mos from now); 1 pound per week and I should be there!

BTW - ya'll look GREAT! Many of you look 10+ years younger than your age!
  • skierbum
    skierbum Posts: 7
    Options
    54 years old and recently retired. I need to lose weight, count me in
  • MichelleMac58
    MichelleMac58 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Close to 55....count me in !!
  • simonc14
    simonc14 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I'm 48 and have been using MFP for fives months. It's nice to have friends of similar ages. :laugh:
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Feel free to send me a FR. Been on MFP over three years and like to give and get the support of others....
  • Marshmaster
    Marshmaster Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Love to be part of this group too. I am 46 and my scale currently sits in the corner of my room to think over what it did to me last Friday. From Wisconsin and looking for friends. Thanks. Dan
  • kbhobson
    kbhobson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I am 48 years old, have hypothyroid and have lost 2 pounds in 5 weeks of doing MFP. Very frustrating. Encouragement would be good.
  • BobMcCloskey
    BobMcCloskey Posts: 117
    Options
    That would be me too! I'll send a friend request. I've lost 15 lbs. since starting this program, and have 75 more to go!
  • ironbutterf1y
    Options
    I'd like to join.
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am looking to create a support group for other 40- 50 ish people who are experiencing the effects of the dreaded aging. I am 51 year old female, working w/ a trainer and journaling each day yet having a hard time losing the weight. I hear the hormone stories and the aging stories yet I have been a believer that good nutrition and exercise are key. Looking for others interested in support, sharing tips, or who have the ablility to be positive and motivating. Interested?

I don't exactly fit the age range you specified (i'm 60). However, I am well focused on fitness (I lift weights to build muscle mass, not "tone,"), and cycle. My favorite "fitness" books are, "Younger Next Year," and "New Rules of LIfting for Women." My favorite line from Younger Next Year is "You age, but you don't have to rot."

I welcome new friends. Please read my profile.
  • KLWelty
    KLWelty Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I just started Fitness Pal this morning. I'm 50 with a goal to lose at least 100 lbs. Count me in! :flowerforyou:
  • camcd831
    camcd831 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    48--- I am interested.