CHEATING HUSBAND

Replies

• StrongerKelly
    StrongerKelly Posts: 13 Member
    I'd like to hear his side before I pass judgement. Just sayin.

Oooooow!!! Burn. :love: :love

Orangepeel-1.gif

Too many ppl stay in loveless marriages and when they say they did it for "the kids" makes me sick.
    You did what for your kids? :huh:

Staying w/someone for ten years and only 2 of them were good? What a shame.
    Shame on both of you.

Stayed for the kids=stayed in a relationship so ****ty that you were miserable. How miserable? Enough to drag down the ENTIRE household.

My parents stayed together for "us". Would have been MUCH, MUCH better if they just split.

Amen. My parents stayed together for the kids, and guess what? My youngest brother has NO IDEA what a healthy relationship looks like and thinks spewing hatred at each other is normal. He never saw love in their marriage. I was lucky to be around during a few good years so I know better.
  • JacksMachine
    JacksMachine Posts: 106 Member
    After 5 months though do you think you are ready to let go of the anger...and the caps lock?

I guess there's always at least one smarta$$ who has to say something instead of letting a person be happy. Thanks for you useless 2cents
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    I think the cake one is mildly humorous, but suspect there would be more outrage if the groom and bride were swapped.

But I could be completely wrong about that.

you are completely wrong on this. i mean its not like guns n roses had a song called used to lover her that was so obviously tongue in cheek that they were blasted for it yet the dixie chicks could have a song called good bye earl and be adored for it

pfffft
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Good for you! I speak capslock :tongue:
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Depends??

If he's not getting any he's going to go looking for it elsewhere. I'm not condoning infidelity by no means. There are always two sides.

I don't buy that, my ex-husband went out looking for it because he was always too drunk to come home where his wife was waiting. Just saying.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    First - Can someone please hunt down and murder who ever started the "just sayin" "just saying" phrase... They say it originated from Seinfeld or Eddie Murphy... Lets kill both of them just in case. Then move on to any one that uses it again.

Second- Staying together in a loveless relationship is just plain stupid. Sure you can justify it for the kids, but deep down in side you are only doing it for the kids because you fear you cannot do it alone. Very selfish and coming from a broken family at the age of 4 and experiencing several other step families, its never for the kids its always for the same selfish desires that destroys your relationships.

Third- "It takes two to tango" but it only takes one to get out of line. Most people that have the audacity to "blame" the other for cheating is the same person that realizes whatever woman *kitten* or man *kitten* that person is cheating with probably would not give them the time of day to allow them to cheat on them if they were single, so that is a small part of why men and women cheat, they know that they are not nearly as sought after when they are single because the person that decides to cheat with them is attracted to them due to their own deeply rooted psychological problems. Whenever you are single you cannot seem to find them while looking, when you get married you have to beat the crazies off with a stick.

Fourth- The original poster has a CAPs locked name, it should have been expected.

Good day!
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    I wish Id seperated from my cheating lying wife years ago, but stayed together for the sake of the kids. Things have never been good since then and that was twenty years ago. You just dont forget you can never ever trust them again. I so wish we had split up when I found out about it but its too late now our lives have been ruined by it ever since. You did the right thing i did the wrong thing, good for you. XX
    It's been twenty years. It's never to late to go find a good life. Your kids are grown. They will get over it.
  • I have known several men who have cheated on their wives. Every one of them has excuses. What it usually boils down to is the "grass is greener on the other side" thing. Somehow, some way, the mistress gives them something they want, but the wife isn't giving them. However, in my experiences, it is almost always something superficial that is really not important. My favorite was the guy that wanted to do some sort of live-action role playing thing where they beat each other up with foam swords, and his wife didn't think it was fun (after trying for months to get into it, so he couldn't say she didn't even try), so he slept with a different girl that was into it. Because somehow, the *game* was more important than his job, newborn son, home, and wife... He lost all of those, so he could have sex a few times with someone who liked a game? Was that really worth it? To him, it was. So, yes, everyone has their own side of the story, and they usually are completely opposite of each other. Her side: She felt she did everything she could. His side: she was belittling the things he loved to do. Who was right? Who was wrong? ... To me, it doesn't matter, they both were involved, and they both suffered for it. The worst part is the son that is now two years old that barely recognizes his own father.
  • MustangSally74
    MustangSally74 Posts: 59 Member

There is no excuse for cheating. Ever. I don't care if I'm a lying, hateful, controlling b****. Break up with me before you start looking for someone else. Period.

My first husband never stopped dating and it took me years to learn to trust anyone again. 20 years later I married the love of my life and couldn't be happier :)
    I'm glad to hear someone has a happy ending. Maybe there's hope for me!
    Tired of hearing the gloom and doom
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member

Is there an acceptable reason for infidelity?

Devil's Advocate:
    Someone's husband has a brain injury from a car wreck. She stays with him and supports him. She cares for him and still loves him dearly. He is not the husband he was and does not hold her, kiss her, desire her, or identify her by name.

Acceptable?

Probably not to some of you, but I chose to not judge. If she takes a few hours comfort in another man's arms, who am I to condemn or approve. I cannot imagine how life like that would be.
  • sarahz1442
    sarahz1442 Posts: 136 Member

Cheaters are evil, despicable people. Just sayin.

Leave, don't cheat.

yeah, cheating is always wrong, but doesn't mean that the o.p. didn't do things in the marriage that are just as bad or worse.
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    I have known several men who have cheated on their wives. Every one of them has excuses. What it usually boils down to is the "grass is greener on the other side" thing. Somehow, some way, the mistress gives them something they want, but the wife isn't giving them. However, in my experiences, it is almost always something superficial that is really not important. My favorite was the guy that wanted to do some sort of live-action role playing thing where they beat each other up with foam swords, and his wife didn't think it was fun (after trying for months to get into it, so he couldn't say she didn't even try), so he slept with a different girl that was into it. Because somehow, the *game* was more important than his job, newborn son, home, and wife... He lost all of those, so he could have sex a few times with someone who liked a game? Was that really worth it? To him, it was. So, yes, everyone has their own side of the story, and they usually are completely opposite of each other. Her side: She felt she did everything she could. His side: she was belittling the things he loved to do. Who was right? Who was wrong? ... To me, it doesn't matter, they both were involved, and they both suffered for it. The worst part is the son that is now two years old that barely recognizes his own father.

Disclaimer: I only read 1/2 of that-but that was enough to get the gist.

Every, and I mean EVERY guy I have known enough to consider even remotely friends/friendly etc, has had a woman cheat on him. EVERY single one.
    So while you are on your crusade against men who cheat don't forget the dirtbag fence swings both ways.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    lol at all the people saying the cheater is "evil" or should be castrated. overreact much?

that being said if someone cheats you definitely should leave them.
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    lol at all the people saying the cheater is "evil" or should be castrated. overreact much?

NO IT IS NOT AN OVERREACTION! KILL THEM ALL!
  • sarahz1442

People who say this are probably thinking back to someone who cheated on them and are emotional and bitter about it. Doesn't mean the person is truly evil.
  • dianeb613
    dianeb613 Posts: 121 Member
    don't you worry about the caps. I can't imagine why people relate that to screaming. LOL I relate it to making a point.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!! LOL not screaming,making my point.
  • sarahz1442
    oh and the o.p. is obviously far from happy right now.
  • avalonms
    avalonms Posts: 2,468 Member
    Devil's Advocate:
    Someone's husband has a brain injury from a car wreck. She stays with him and supports him. She cares for him and still loves him dearly. He is not the husband he was and does not hold her, kiss her, desire her, or identify her by name.

Acceptable?
    You would get a much more honest answer if you present the problem by identifying the spouses in gender-neutral terms.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member

People who say this are probably thinking back to someone who cheated on them and are emotional and bitter about it. Doesn't mean the person is truly evil.

hasnt just about everyone been cheated on? i certainly never thought of them as evil.
  • sarahz1442

hasnt just about everyone been cheated on? i certainly never thought of them as evil.

yeah, probably. some people just get more emotional about it than others i guess. i probably fall in the emotional camp, but when i think about it some more, the cheater is not evil. in most cases, there isn't any evil intent with what he/she does. it's just human weakness.