Tall girls...goal weight?

Options

Replies

• tryinghard2012
    tryinghard2012 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7' and I chose to go with 130. Honestly, I don't know what weight is right for me. I picked that number based on what a girl told me once. She said she was 130 pounds and felt fat. All I could think was that I would kill to be 130. :) I really have NO CLUE what the right weight is for me. I definitely want to be in the healthy BMI section... So, that's anywhere from 160 to 120 (I believe). I've never been skinny... EVER. I don't know what will look right on me, what I used to be comfortable with, etc. I'll just keep going until I feel right. Doesn't matter if it's more or less than 130.

Congrats on your weight loss!!! HOORAY!!!!!

I'm 6 feet and my goal weight is 184. At my smallest I was 195-200 in a size 10. Most people called me skinny. I have a large frame so it will be exciting to reach 184.
  • Pheef52
    Pheef52 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not one of the only tall girls that ever dealt with this issue. I'm 6'2" almost 6'3" and have always been an athlete but at my heaviest in college I was 250 and that to me felt big. I lost about 25 that i needed to lose trying to avoid surgery for a back injury and just rehabbing in addition to all the practices. To be within the right weight according to the BMI I should be at 180 the lowest I ever hit was 189 and my parents thought I had an eating disorder. I'd be happy with 195 to 200 as long as I felt healthy. I'm currently at 219 so I have a lot of work ahead of me.
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 1/4 and I have surpassed my original goal which was 170 in order to have a healthy bmi...

I am currently 159 & still want to lose a few more lbs/inches so my guess is i'll be at my goal right around 150-155 :happy:
  • aml17
    aml17 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and my goal weight is 150. I'm 180 right now and not happy with my body, and I know 150 looks good on me.
  • SusieB01
    SusieB01 Posts: 89
    Options
    By the way, I don't recall ever being a size 2 or 4. As I told a friend one time, I was bigger than that when I was born! I'll be ok with a size 12, although I'd rather an 8 or 10.:happy:
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8, my goal is a toned 140lb or so. I was 140lb and wasn't comfortable because I wasn't very toned. I have biiiggg hips so if I were to weigh 120lb, I'd look crazy.
  • curlytop89
    curlytop89 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I think 115 is too low for a taller female, 5'8 inches or above. At 5' 8" the BMI is 17.5. Too, low, underweight. There is a point when a certain weight shouldn't be obtained. Just makes me nervous to see tall girls trying to be the weight of a girl who is 6 or 8 inches shorter than them. Just my thoughts.
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I think 115 is too low for a taller female, 5'8 inches or above. At 5' 8" the BMI is 17.5. Too, low, underweight. There is a point when a certain weight shouldn't be obtained. Just makes me nervous to see tall girls trying to be the weight of a girl who is 6 or 8 inches shorter than them. Just my thoughts.

I graduated high school at 112 and I'm between 5'7" and 5'8". I had a very high metabolism and was very, very active, and ate like a grown man! It was very thin for my height and I know there is NO WAY I could ever get that low again, nor would I really want to. I had no boobs or hips!
  • koolnkollectd
    Options
    Hello :)
    I am 5' 11" and I currently weight 260! :( I have a big build. Right now I want to be 180 because I think that that would be the ideal size for my size and build! Cant wait to start melting! :)
  • GottaLuv
    GottaLuv Posts: 1
    Options
    Im 5"9 122lbs. Goal weight=110 =) i know thts low but thts the mideling world:)
  • Adastreia
    Adastreia Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hiya!
    I myself am a good 5'8 and am aiming for 148 pounds (67 kg, actually - german girl here ;P). The lowest I could ever imagine going would be 135 pounds and even that would seem really little to me. On the other side I want to get down to at least 165 pounds, any more than that and I wouldn't be quite as happy with my weight loss ;)
    Good luck to everyone achieving their goals!
  • Montana_mama
    Montana_mama Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9. Started at 181 about 3 weeks ago, and weighed in this morning at 174.2. At 181, my size 12 jeans wouldn't button, and my 10s looked pretty lonely in the back of my closet:) Pleased with my progress so far. Eating Paleo, and restricting to 1200 calories. Working out 4-5 times a week. My goal weight is 145, but i haven't been there for 15 years and have had a baby since. (Even at 145, I felt fat, so I'm not sure if that was just crazy or if I could get a little lower.) I feel pretty good at 165 although clearly have some extra around my middle and a muffin top. Anything under 165 or so is gravy.
  • emily_ebooks
    emily_ebooks Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and right now I'm 133. My goal weight is around 120ish because with the way my body is I still have a LOT of flab that I need to get rid of.
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I think everyone is different because everyone is built different.
    I am 5'9 and my goal weight is 150ish which will bring me into the middle of my bmi. I was this weight before and felt good.
  • momxs2
    momxs2 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    So glad u posted this! I am 5'7" and at 150. My true goal is 140. I was 135 when I was younger and don't think I could ever get there again. I do feel healthy at 150 but I feel 140 I would look better in my clothes... I am medium build...
  • Puffingmuffin
    Puffingmuffin Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"7' and currently 123 pounds. Used to be 135 pounds in Jan 2013. It was my NY resolution to lose weight. Current goal is 112 pounds, I have a medium sized frame.
  • silverlining84
    silverlining84 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    My goal weight has been changed now to about 145. At that point i'm going to do a clean bulk during the fall/winter time.
  • jolene_ca
    jolene_ca Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    5'7" goal weight is 135. 12.8 lbs to go!
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Im 5"9 and hope to at least get down to 167 pounds...the ultimate would be to get about 158 pounds...but my initial weight was 380 pounds so due to excess skin I may not go that low.
  • Lat1988
    Lat1988 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I to am 5"9 and my goal is to get back to my pre baby weight 154 pounds