lets debate MFP's so called heavy lifting trend

Options

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    This thread just proves 90% of the self proclaimed professionals on this site are ****ed in the head. People referencing "toning". This site is good for tracking nutrients, anything else is just too far beyond its reach.

Are those plates standard plates on the bar in your avi out of interest?

bar isnt bending...

Texas barbells, they don't bend and flex like your pansy 24 hour fitness ab roller bars. 495 on the bar as opener, finished with 695 and took the mens open record for USAPL that day, still hold it today at 765, thanks have a nice day.

Oh dear...deactivated. And he never answered my question :sad:
  • brandon0523
    brandon0523 Posts: 516
    Options
    That's a power lifters joke.. sorry
  • healthyandfitgirl14
    healthyandfitgirl14 Posts: 413 Member
    Options

I WANT FABULOUS THAT IS MY SIMPLE REQUEST. I NEED A LITTLE FABULOUS IS THAT SO WRONG?
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    This thread just proves 90% of the self proclaimed professionals on this site are ****ed in the head. People referencing "toning". This site is good for tracking nutrients, anything else is just too far beyond its reach.

bar isnt bending...

Texas barbells, they don't bend and flex like your pansy 24 hour fitness ab roller bars. 495 on the bar as opener, finished with 695 and took the mens open record for USAPL that day, still hold it today at 765, thanks have a nice day.

Yea cause the standard oly bars are for pansies right? Regardless on how much weight that is, no need to be angry.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

bar isnt bending...

Yea cause the standard oly bars are for pansies right? Regardless on how much weight that is, no need to be angry.

He ragequit and deactivated after calling somebody a *kitten*.

MFP DRAMA!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Your bar bends in your pic..are you using a pansy arsed 24 hour fitness bar :wink:
  • hsnider29
    hsnider29 Posts: 394 Member
    Options

bar isnt bending...

There is definitely a bit of the double standard going on in this post. You can't tell people to lift heavy but you can tell them they don't know what they are talking about if they don't bench 700 pounds. I think we all have different goals here. I'm trying to lose fat. I don't care how much I can lift and have no desire to enter any competition.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    bumping
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    It's a strawman argument

Most people that recommend "lift heavy" then go and point out a beginner program like 5x5, Stronglifts or New Rules - all progressive weight training programs which begin with relatively light weights and neuromuscular adaptation. I have yet to see one person seriously suggest someone begin with a truly heavy program.

And most people here starting a progressive program do not go to become powerlifters or bodybuilders but are looking for a little help in body recomp. What the OP considers heavy has nothing to do with the reality of the MFP context where a year of beginning lifting is heavy and most people train at a dietary restriction.

"Lift Heavy" is a nice meme which responds to the usual "2 lbs pink weight toning while doing 30 day shred" to which it is a counterpoint.
  • brandon0523
    Options

Your bar bends in your pic..are you using a pansy arsed 24 hour fitness bar :wink:
    no the power lifter joke is anything more than three is cardio.. the picture of me deadliftjng is with a Texas power bar.. I'm just lifting more hahaha
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Now who am I???
    2GqMzW3.gif
    Well three gold medals for world powerlifting championships and two bronze for the pan am games for oly lifting.. three different heavy weight titles in MMA and also a member of team USA for MMA..
    5LCV44C.gif
    pretty much means I know a thing or two about fitness.

FNEqaOZ.gif

You do realize that the other guy actually ASKED for him to state his credentials on why he is an expert on lifting, right? It bit him in the *kitten* when it actually turned out that OP has some pretty solid credentials. And don't belittle his accomplishments just because you don't agree with his opinion.

Oh. Well that puts things in a different light. Let me reconsider.

Nope. Still don't care. Accomplishments are not carte blanche to be an *kitten*

zQ6tiNQ.gif
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options

no the power lifter joke is anything more than three is cardio.. the picture of me deadliftjng is with a Texas power bar.. I'm just lifting more hahaha

Do you even lift, bro?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Pity he rage quit/was banned - that would have been funny!

Got it re the joke - was not sure what you were referencing - I just quoted it as I was 'talking' to you.
  • taunto
    Options
    Now who am I???
    2GqMzW3.gif
    Well three gold medals for world powerlifting championships and two bronze for the pan am games for oly lifting.. three different heavy weight titles in MMA and also a member of team USA for MMA..
    5LCV44C.gif

FNEqaOZ.gif

You do realize that the other guy actually ASKED for him to state his credentials on why he is an expert on lifting, right? It bit him in the *kitten* when it actually turned out that OP has some pretty solid credentials. And don't belittle his accomplishments just because you don't agree with his opinion.

zQ6tiNQ.gif

OP wasn't really being an *kitten* till he called wheird fat. He came off arrogant before but wouldn't call him an *kitten*. You and I both know plenty of people on MFP who are arrogant yet make decent posts.

btw, it seems rather odd that you posted so many "I don't care" gifs. Almost seems like you care enough to search and post them.
  • IMD918
    IMD918 Posts: 49
    Options
    Now who am I???
    2GqMzW3.gif
    5LCV44C.gif

FNEqaOZ.gif

zQ6tiNQ.gif

One guy asks who the other is to be giving advice. The other says who he is and what he has done. I guess I missed the part where answering a question makes him an *kitten*.
  • brandon0523
    Options

Got it re the joke - was not sure what you were referencing - I just quoted it as I was 'talking' to you.
    what a quitter. He should have stayed.. oh well can still make fun of him..
  • taunto
    Options

Do I have your permission to making fun of you again, then?
  • brandon0523
    Options

Do you even lift, bro?
    nope. Got stung by bees.sailed right up
  • brandon0523
    Options

Do I have your permission to making fun of you again, then?
    yes sir.. its the internet you can do what ever you want
  • taunto
    Options

Do you even lift, bro?
    nope. Got stung by bees.sailed right up

Where did you sailed to after getting stung to get so heavy and ... for lack of a better term... fat?
This discussion has been closed.