• nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Why couldn't 7 pages ago you just say.. oh this is what you meant.. I agree

it's more fun this way. :flowerforyou:
  • IMD918
    IMD918 Posts: 49
    Options
    Ok, so I guess this topic is pretty well covered. We all agree on everything? Yeah? Yeah. Good talk.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

U3uwIhb.gif

ETA: The word DEBATE in the topic might have something to do with it
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    As far as injuries, ohnoez I might get injured lifting, as opposed to all those other safe activities I did as a kid... I broke my arm in one skiing accident and my leg in another. I broke my clavicle playing with a swingset glider. Playing 12" softball I missed a catch and the ball hit me square in the face. While diving off the high dive I entered the water at the wrong angle and pulled my back so bad I couldn't stand straight for weeks. I wiped out on a bicycle, hitting the pavement with my face which broke a tooth off, rammed it all the way through and out the other side of my lip. It knocked me unconscious for 15 minutes and my ears are still ringing over 30 years later. I couldn't begin to count the number of smaller injuries from running and falling out of trees, and pretty much anything I did as a kid.

Weightlifting isn't inherently any more 'dangerous' than any other sport or activity. And I bet a lot of people who get injured while lifting don't just quit lifting forever. IMO it's like skiing. You see people with broken legs from skiing. Then they go back and ski again. Why? Because it's still totally worth it, even if you get injured.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

I will be on it quicker next time. :tongue:
  • nz_deevaa
    Options

Maybe he could have communicated it better Sara?

*looks about*

Anyone agree?
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I saw insults flying and was hoping for some good ol' MFP drama followed by a lock. I'm disappointed in you people! Settling disputes like adults?! That's not what these forums are about!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    I saw insults flying and was hoping for some good ol' MFP drama followed by a lock. I'm disappointed in you people! Settling disputes like adults?! That's not what these forums are about!

We did have someone ragequit/get banned (not sure which) so it was not a total fail.
  • brandon0523
    brandon0523 Posts: 516
    Options

I use that line all the time..

On another note.. be sure to watch tru TVs Guinness world records gone wild this fall.. I'll be on trying to break the most frying pans rolled in a minute record..
  • taunto
    Options

We did have someone ragequit/get banned (not sure which) so it was not a total fail.

99.99% sure it was a ragequit
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

On another note.. be sure to watch tru TVs Guinness world records gone wild this fall.. I'll be on trying to break the most frying pans rolled in a minute record..

Have no idea what that is, but I will keep an eye out for it.
  • taunto
    Options

A what?
  • brandon0523
    Options

A what?
    its a TV show on tru TV.. people try to break records in the Guinness book of work records.. I'm doing the most frying pans rolled in a minute.. you take a metal 10" pan and roll it up like a burritos
  • MisterDerpington
    Options

Just Googled wtf that is....and it's badass. You Strongmen do the weirdest things to test grip strength though.
  • nz_deevaa
    Options

Just Googled wtf that is....and it's badass. You Strongmen do the weirdest things to test grip strength though.

I'm having grip issues, maybe I need to start rolling frying pans.
  • brandon0523
    Options
    Yes sir we do.. and I must say this was much more fun that sitting in the chit chat thread watching people lie to each other
  • MisterDerpington
    Options

It sounds like an expensive accessory exercise.
  • brandon0523
    Options

plate pinches.. use 5lb plates and grip as many as you can for as long as you can.. easiest grip work other than dead lifts. 5lbs to easy use 10lb plates..
  • MisterDerpington
    Options
  • nz_deevaa
    Options

plate pinches.. use 5lb plates and grip as many as you can for as long as you can.. easiest grip work other than dead lifts. 5lbs to easy use 10lb plates..

Yeap. I do em.

And farmers walks and a few other things.
This discussion has been closed.