I don't eat clean. I won't eat clean. It's a stupid concept.

Options
BrainyBurro
BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
tumblr_mmbdu00FvG1rlyseko1_500.gif

i worry about calories and macros (and micros) and don't worry what any self-appointed food shamers have to say about anything... ever.

i see lots of people on this site wear "how clean their diet is" as a badge of honor. it's not. it just means you've been hoodwinked into thinking that your success/failure is fully tied up in your food choices. it's not.

if i want rice, i eat rice. if i want an apple, i eat an apple. if i want a piece of pumpkin pie, i eat a piece of pumpkin pie. i don't eat the whole pie. this is how you lose weight and get fit. you don't do it by adhering to lists of "approved" and "unapproved" foods.

maybe i'm too easily irritated this morning, but i'm just sick of seeing people get sucked up into this fad (and related ones) and lose sight of the big picture in the process.

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    If you ate clean you wouldn't be so grouchy in the morning.
  • BrainyBurro
    Options

HE_washing-pepper_s4x3_lg.jpg

no visible dirt and i consider it clean.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options

HE_washing-pepper_s4x3_lg.jpg

no visible dirt and i consider it clean.

Well that IS what clean eating is.
  • pippywillow
    pippywillow Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I don't think clean eating is just about weight loss. It's about not letting unnecessary chemicals into your body.

That said, I don't eat clean. But I do try to eat mostly "real" food, I make most things from scratch.
  • IronAddict86
    IronAddict86 Posts: 708
    Options
    If you ate clean you wouldn't be so grouchy in the morning - LMAO

I think I'll stick to mainly eating clean seeing you didn't provide anything in the way of a persuasive argument not to & just attacked this so called "fad".

Is there a bigger picture? Yeah Get your *kitten* in gear & workout. But without proper nutrition & such a "whatever whenever approach" your body will suffer for it in the end. It's not brain science!
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    This should end well...

4hdqab.gif
    34xktas.gif
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you should focus on why you're angry instead of what other people keep in their fridge.

Hope your day turns around.

P.S. You're wearing your resistance as a badge of honor.....
  • JMfan
    JMfan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    ROFL
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    If I forced myself to eat clean, I would be a binger.

I need to be allowed to drink my coffee with cream and sugar, and have pizza, and the occasional bowl of ice cream. If I need to grab a quick burger - I need the freedom to do that.

I rarely even fit my macros - the only thing I try to do is stick within my daily calorie limit and get my required protein.

When I force myself to eat "properly" I become a miserable cranky person who is much more inclined to eat an entire bag of doritos with salsa and sour cream.

When I allow myself to have some treats, I am much happier, and it works better for me.

If you are a clean eater, and happy - great job! But I don't feel it is the only way to achieve success.

p.s. I feel the need to prove visually that this method works for me, so here is a recent progress pic:
    16124725_8925.jpg
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I don't think clean eating is just about weight loss. It's about not letting unnecessary chemicals into your body.

That said, I don't eat clean. But I do try to eat mostly "real" food, I make most things from scratch.

^^Ditto--especially on the real food from scratch. But that also means I use *real* butter and cream and sugar. I just use less.

But clean eating can be obsessive like anything else. Everybody just needs to do what works for them.
  • Beauty4Ashes2268
    Options
    I agree. I allow myself to choose whatever I would like when preparing meals and snacks. That all includes a variety of clean foods and some processed.
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    p.s. I feel the need to prove visually that this method works for me, so here is a recent progress pic:
    16124725_8925.jpg

The very human need to prove a point. It's a beautiful thing. :love:
  • BrainyBurro
    Options
    If you ate clean you wouldn't be so grouchy in the morning - LMAO

I think I'll stick to eating clean & my 1 day a month cheat day seeing you didn't provide anything in the way of a persuasive argument not to & just attacked this so called "fad".

you don't get extra credit points for your food choices. either you make everything fit your goals under IIFYM or you don't. you can suffer and force yourself to eat stuff you don't want and pat yourself on the back for being superior to everyone else, or you can indulge in occasional treats that aren't "clean" so that you don't have the temptation to binge later.

i don't have to prove to you that the sun is hot. it's enough that i tell you it's hot so that if you were under the mistaken impression that it was cold, you may consider re-evaluating your opinion.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    If your gonna post a gif of Homey Da Clown use the animated one!!

tumblr_ltumkqU1X61qdlcfjo1_400.gif

I think thats bleached / processed white flour in there. Totally dirty. Baaaaaaaad Homie
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Ice cream > clean eating.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I don't get the concept of clean vs dirty food. My nutritionist laughs at the idea and trend. Don't be afraid of food. If I want a slice of pizza or a few pieces of chocolate or sweedish fish, I should learn how to enjoy these things without eating the whole pizza or bag of candy, etc.

She always says, there is no such thing as bad food. Some of the "clean eaters" are just as annoying as some vegans. Get off your high horse.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    In for the pumpkin pie...
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    ^^ 9.99/10 Would bang and then share a pizza with....

bzzzzzz. WRONG ANSWER. mirey is a 10/10. dose abs!
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mmbdu00FvG1rlyseko1_500.gif

i worry about calories and macros (and micros) and don't worry what any self-appointed food shamers have to say about anything... ever.

i see lots of people on this site wear "how clean their diet is" as a badge of honor. it's not. it just means you've been hoodwinked into thinking that your success/failure is fully tied up in your food choices. it's not.

if i want rice, i eat rice. if i want an apple, i eat an apple. if i want a piece of pumpkin pie, i eat a piece of pumpkin pie. i don't eat the whole pie. this is how you lose weight and get fit. you don't do it by adhering to lists of "approved" and "unapproved" foods.

maybe i'm too easily irritated this morning, but i'm just sick of seeing people get sucked up into this fad (and related ones) and lose sight of the big picture in the process.

call people food shamers, then go on and bash anyone that does something different than you.

Sounds about right, on this site.
  • Zero2hero2013
    Options
    nicely said mirey x and gorgeous as always!