I don't eat clean. I won't eat clean. It's a stupid concept.

Options

Replies

• K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    p.s. I feel the need to prove visually that this method works for me, so here is a recent progress pic:
    16124725_8925.jpg

Wait a minute. You look like THAT eating pizza and burgers? :love::love::love::love:
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    *grabs popcorn*
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mmbdu00FvG1rlyseko1_500.gif

i worry about calories and macros (and micros) and don't worry what any self-appointed food shamers have to say about anything... ever.

i see lots of people on this site wear "how clean their diet is" as a badge of honor. it's not. it just means you've been hoodwinked into thinking that your success/failure is fully tied up in your food choices. it's not.

if i want rice, i eat rice. if i want an apple, i eat an apple. if i want a piece of pumpkin pie, i eat a piece of pumpkin pie. i don't eat the whole pie. this is how you lose weight and get fit. you don't do it by adhering to lists of "approved" and "unapproved" foods.

maybe i'm too easily irritated this morning, but i'm just sick of seeing people get sucked up into this fad (and related ones) and lose sight of the big picture in the process.

call people food shamers, then go on and bash anyone that does something different than you.

Sounds about right, on this site.

go tell these people that eating clean and being paranoid about their food choices is how they should spend the rest of their lives.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1008739-i-eat-away-my-progress-on-the-weekends

clean eating is a silly concept that leads to all sorts of problems for all sorts of people. i hate to see anybody feel guilty or shame over their food choices. the proponents of clean eating completely ignore these consequences. however, on MFP anyone with their eyes open can see these consequences on a daily basis.

rice is rice. it's not clean or dirty. it's just rice. i don't need to check with somebody before having rice with dinner to see if it's allowed or not. same thing with ice cream or bananas or tuna fish or whatever. i say, focus on the nutritional content of the food and not some ridiculous notion about whether or not the food came straight from the fields or a stream versus a processing plant somewhere.
  • jrue1985
    jrue1985 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    If I forced myself to eat clean, I would be a binger.

I need to be allowed to drink my coffee with cream and sugar, and have pizza, and the occasional bowl of ice cream. If I need to grab a quick burger - I need the freedom to do that.

I rarely even fit my macros - the only thing I try to do is stick within my daily calorie limit and get my required protein.

When I force myself to eat "properly" I become a miserable cranky person who is much more inclined to eat an entire bag of doritos with salsa and sour cream.

When I allow myself to have some treats, I am much happier, and it works better for me.

If you are a clean eater, and happy - great job! But I don't feel it is the only way to achieve success.

p.s. I feel the need to prove visually that this method works for me, so here is a recent progress pic:
    16124725_8925.jpg

For the win!!! :-)
  • luceegj
    luceegj Posts: 246 Member
    Options

if i want rice, i eat rice. if i want an apple, i eat an apple. if i want a piece of pumpkin pie, i eat a piece of pumpkin pie. i don't eat the whole pie. this is how you lose weight and get fit. you don't do it by adhering to lists of "approved" and "unapproved" foods.

I want the body I want, I eat clean :)
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Quote from Layne Norton

"I find the whole idea of ‘clean eating’ pretentious. What exactly defines a food as ‘clean’? Do you spray windex on it? Rub soap on it? I find it a bit preposterous. I’ve been in debates with people promoting ‘clean eating’ but when I ask for a specific scientific definition of what makes a food ‘clean’ they are silent. I think the restrictive diets where you can only eat a half dozen or so foods are not only unhealthy because they don’t give you a diverse intake of nutrients but I believe they promote eating disorders and binging. I see people who ‘eat clean’ during most of the week and then binge on cheesecake, ice cream, and donuts because it’s a ‘cheat’ meal. Oh yea… that is way healthier than eating ‘unclean’ foods in moderation to a hit a specific macronutrient target. *rolleyes* Now that said, I do believe that many IIFYMers (I find it funny that something myself and others been promoting for years gets an acronym attached to it and is now this ‘new’ way of eating LOL) actually go too far in one direction. Most people who origionally promoted targeting macronutrient intakes instead of obsessing about food choices actually eat ‘clean’ foods 95% of the time, we just don’t agonize over having a homemade burrito with a low carb wrap or some reduced calorie ice cream. We see the value of a controlled intake in order to prevent uncontrolled binging. But I do see IIFYM followers who eat as much sugary, high fat foods as they can and wear it like a badge of honor. That is not the point. If you are following a macronutrient intake that is friendly for body composition you will be eating a lot of ‘clean’ foods by default because you will not be able to hit a protein, carb, fat, and fiber intake conducive to body composition improvement if all you eat are high sugar/fat foods. The point is it’s ok to have these foods in small amounts if you are still hitting your goal macronutrient intake."

http://www.shreddedknowledge.com/home/a-talk-with-the-doc-dr-layne-norton/
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I wash my fruits and veggies before I eat them thats about as clean as it gets.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I rarely even fit my macros - the only thing I try to do is stick within my daily calorie limit and get my required protein.

Now you.

I like.
  • avasano
    avasano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I'm American, damit... I eat whatever I want. Most of the time it is good "clean" food. There are times when I just want some MSG soup. Yum! I just don't do it often.
  • Andrea681
    Andrea681 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I try to eat as clean as possible because I am concerned about chemicals and processed foods. But, that's my decision. I'm a little confused about how MY eating clean is a problem for you? Eat what you want. It's YOUR choice. I'll eat what I want. It's MY choice.

Hope you day get's better. Life is too short to be annoyed by something this little. :)
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options

i worry about calories and macros (and micros) and don't worry what any self-appointed food shamers have to say about anything... ever.

i see lots of people on this site wear "how clean their diet is" as a badge of honor. it's not. it just means you've been hoodwinked into thinking that your success/failure is fully tied up in your food choices. it's not.

maybe i'm too easily irritated this morning, but i'm just sick of seeing people get sucked up into this fad (and related ones) and lose sight of the big picture in the process.

call people food shamers, then go on and bash anyone that does something different than you.

Sounds about right, on this site.

go tell these people that eating clean and being paranoid about their food choices is how they should spend the rest of their lives.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1008739-i-eat-away-my-progress-on-the-weekends

ZHcLrlZ.gif
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I consider it clean if it is organic and free from ingredients I can't pronounce. Everyone has their own definition of "clean eating". But it doesn't stop me from eating pizza, chips, cookies, and ice cream or a burger - I just don't go to Burger King and get their version because it would literally make me sick. I don't dog the next person that does go get a Whopper meal though, if that's what they want to eat, then eat it.

Some people want to rebel so hard against eating healthy they take it to the extreme and brag about eating fast food. Who cares? If it works for you why trash what other people enjoy doing? Different things obviously work for different people.
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options

ZHcLrlZ.gif

I watched that video before..too funny hahahaha
  • ForFreedom
    ForFreedom Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
    i was just feeling guilty for wanting sushi for breakfast instead of oatmeal or something bland like that. I usually eat something weird for breakfast and i was thinking I should reform my ways and eat a safe, 'clean' breakfast.

well, sushi, here i come, nomnomnom
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    You seem hangry might want to eat a bit more
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m0sjo6TdLQ1rqfhi2o1_250_zpsacc80b85.gif
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    My diet only consists of parmesan cheese and mustard.
  • sozisraw
    sozisraw Posts: 418 Member
    Options

Ive noticed more people are into eating processed fast foods and icecream and scorn any version of 'clean eating'.
    Its in your mind that its a boast , its every ones choice what they eat, and no one elses business.
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,462 Member
    Options
    I try to eat clean, but sometimes the bread gets soggy. :sad:

ftd2ip.jpg
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Quit possibly the dumbest thread I have had the misfortune of reading.

4MuhrNT.gif