I don't eat clean. I won't eat clean. It's a stupid concept.

Options

Replies

• karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    50 pounds off of my body and I don't eat clean! and this is waiting for me today!!!!!! mmmmmm

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQp2hJNyPjTIoL8W_u2QEpSlPaw_1F27RdaJJOpngtNZhKHm_1c

Share? Please? C'mon.
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    Hear hear, OP.

Edit: for the record, I don't think eating clean means never cheating. I object to this "no food that comes in a package or has more than two ingredients unless you made it from scratch yourself" attitude. I eat convenience foods (that does not mean a lot of junk food, though I will cop to eating some of that too) because it makes my life a lot simpler. Like the OP, I pay attention to my macros and micros and eat a lot better than I used to mostly because I wasn't getting enough protein or fats before, partly due to bad advice (fats) and partly due to not being a meat lover. Ironically I'm eating fewer vegetables than I used to because I'm focusing on my macros and they're not always convenient, but I do a decent job. I get organic and cruelty-free when I can and even grow some of my own veg. I eat when I need to and not on a highly structured plan. I eat at a light deficit and my weight loss has been slow and steady accordingly.

My diary could look more "virtuous" but I look and feel better and am losing weight. A lot of people on these boards have lost massive poundage eating a lot of packaged and prepared food. Not everything must become a dammed religion.
  • bonnykate
    bonnykate Posts: 123
    Options
    This should end well...

4hdqab.gif
    34xktas.gif

It's like a Tumblr fight, but better.

tumblr_m3vf8wK4CG1r3zat8.gif
    stephen-colbert-and-jon-stewart.gif
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    Where are all of these clean eater attackers? Seriously, I see more posts and comments making fun of clean eaters and ridiculing them than I do of clean eaters pointing the judgemental finger at everyone. Great, you eat what you want if it fits in your macros.. good for you. If your honest, and your truely doing IIFYM, then you probably eat "cleaner" then you admit to.

Eh, I know some IIFYM eaters that eat mcdonalds at least once a week. It's a nice concept. But I like veggies and meat, so 'clean' eating isn't a fad. It's just how I've eaten for a while, and something I enjoy. Plus, I'm frugal so spending less money at the grocery store and cooking myself (I love to cook) makes more sense.

Sometimes I screw up a cheesecake though.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Where are all of these clean eater attackers? Seriously, I see more posts and comments making fun of clean eaters and ridiculing them than I do of clean eaters pointing the judgemental finger at everyone. Great, you eat what you want if it fits in your macros.. good for you. If your honest, and your truely doing IIFYM, then you probably eat "cleaner" then you admit to.

It's what so amusing about many of the "eat in moderation" junta - their views tend to be rather immoderate...
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    -_- lmao - Maybe I shouldn't have rephrased that to say "if it has more syllables than you can count on your fingers" :P

dihydrogen monoxide
  • sixout
    Options
    I consider it clean if it is organic and free from ingredients I can't pronounce. Everyone has their own definition of "clean eating". But it doesn't stop me from eating pizza, chips, cookies, and ice cream or a burger - I just don't go to Burger King and get their version because it would literally make me sick. I don't dog the next person that does go get a Whopper meal though, if that's what they want to eat, then eat it.

Some people want to rebel so hard against eating healthy they take it to the extreme and brag about eating fast food. Who cares? If it works for you why trash what other people enjoy doing? Different things obviously work for different people.

So, since I am ridiculously intelligent and can pronounce the stuff in my food, does that make it clean? :wink:

-_- lmao - Maybe I shouldn't have rephrased that to say "if it has more syllables than you can count on your fingers" :P

So, since I have a weird hand and have 18 fingers I'm eating clean??
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    How about everyone just get their proper nutrition and call it a day...really, this is just about stupid.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    rice is rice. it's not clean or dirty. it's just rice.

If you ain't had dirty rice, you ain't livin' right.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    How about everyone just get their proper nutrition and call it a day...really, this is just about stupid.

this would be cause for a consensus on what proper nutrition actually is...
  • sixout
    Options

This is America. If someone wasn't trying to run someone else's life, things wouldn't be right!
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    50 pounds off of my body and I don't eat clean! and this is waiting for me today!!!!!! mmmmmm

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQp2hJNyPjTIoL8W_u2QEpSlPaw_1F27RdaJJOpngtNZhKHm_1c

Share? Please? C'mon.

mmm mmm mmmm maybe a bite :huh: its mine...
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    <
    Dirty eater here.

I'm just hoping I don't get throat cancer.

contact Michael Douglas. share notes.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mmbdu00FvG1rlyseko1_500.gif

i worry about calories and macros (and micros) and don't worry what any self-appointed food shamers have to say about anything... ever.

i see lots of people on this site wear "how clean their diet is" as a badge of honor. it's not. it just means you've been hoodwinked into thinking that your success/failure is fully tied up in your food choices. it's not.

if i want rice, i eat rice. if i want an apple, i eat an apple. if i want a piece of pumpkin pie, i eat a piece of pumpkin pie. i don't eat the whole pie. this is how you lose weight and get fit. you don't do it by adhering to lists of "approved" and "unapproved" foods.

maybe i'm too easily irritated this morning, but i'm just sick of seeing people get sucked up into this fad (and related ones) and lose sight of the big picture in the process.

Didnt read the previous replies but im sure somewhere someone has told you that by your OP, you apparently don't understand the definition of eating clean....
  • bronnyd
    bronnyd Posts: 278 Member
    Options

It's what so amusing about many of the "eat in moderation" junta - their views tend to be rather immoderate...

Yes to both of these comments.
  • SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I think that eating "clean" is a healthy aspiration but is near impossible for a lot of people to maintain. I for one eat a lot of fresh fruit and lean meat but Sunday night, I had papa john's because nobody does it like papa john's does it :laugh: Life is short. Enjoy it.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mmbdu00FvG1rlyseko1_500.gif

i worry about calories and macros (and micros) and don't worry what any self-appointed food shamers have to say about anything... ever.

i see lots of people on this site wear "how clean their diet is" as a badge of honor. it's not. it just means you've been hoodwinked into thinking that your success/failure is fully tied up in your food choices. it's not.

if i want rice, i eat rice. if i want an apple, i eat an apple. if i want a piece of pumpkin pie, i eat a piece of pumpkin pie. i don't eat the whole pie. this is how you lose weight and get fit. you don't do it by adhering to lists of "approved" and "unapproved" foods.

maybe i'm too easily irritated this morning, but i'm just sick of seeing people get sucked up into this fad (and related ones) and lose sight of the big picture in the process.

Didnt read the previous replies but im sure somewhere someone has told you that by your OP, you apparently don't understand the definition of eating clean....

please state a definition of clean eating that all clean eaters would agree with.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    rice is rice. it's not clean or dirty. it's just rice.

If you ain't had dirty rice, you ain't livin' right.

Amen! Dirty rice for dinner tonight, sounds great! Some veggies on the side and that cake that m76b posted for dessert. DROOL!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    It's about not letting unnecessary chemicals into your body.
    But without proper nutrition & such a "whatever whenever approach" your body will suffer for it in the end. It's not brain science!
    I try to eat as clean as possible because I am concerned about chemicals and processed foods.
    Love it i feel a lot better since i started eating cleaner i feel so energetic and my skin looks so clear no more acne and hell just healthier all around
    if not eating processed and refined foods decrease my pain levels, what are those things actually doing to people that eat them
    Some people want to lose weight to "look good" at any cost, what ever it takes healthy or not.
    To be more "healthy" then one needs to consider everything they put in their mouths like chemicals and such that isn't going to benefit or help them reach their "healthy" goal.
    What good will skinny be if I am cancer waiting to happen.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Let me start off by saying I don't really eat clean. I try to eat natural foods whenever possible, but I still haven't cut my favorite "junk" foods from my diet.

That being said, I think people like you don't really understand the general concept of "clean eating." Yes, it means to only eat natural, real foods... however, the majority of people who practice it advocate for eating 80% "clean" and 20% "normal." So if you crave a slice of pie, eat a slice of pie! If you want a cheeseburger every once in a while, have it! It's just about changing your lifestyle to incorporate MOSTLY all-natural, minimally-processed foods. That's not a fad; it's just a healthier way to live in general.

Yes there are some people who take it too far and live way up on a high horse about it, but my encounters with those people have been rare. When I do come across them, I just ignore them. No big deal.