I don't eat clean. I won't eat clean. It's a stupid concept.

Options

Replies

• Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mmbdu00FvG1rlyseko1_500.gif

i worry about calories and macros (and micros) and don't worry what any self-appointed food shamers have to say about anything... ever.

i see lots of people on this site wear "how clean their diet is" as a badge of honor. it's not. it just means you've been hoodwinked into thinking that your success/failure is fully tied up in your food choices. it's not.

if i want rice, i eat rice. if i want an apple, i eat an apple. if i want a piece of pumpkin pie, i eat a piece of pumpkin pie. i don't eat the whole pie. this is how you lose weight and get fit. you don't do it by adhering to lists of "approved" and "unapproved" foods.

maybe i'm too easily irritated this morning, but i'm just sick of seeing people get sucked up into this fad (and related ones) and lose sight of the big picture in the process.

A few points:

1. My success and/or failure IS tied up in my food choices. You make the erroneous assumption that everyone can lose weight the same *exact* way as you.
    2. I think it's wonderful you can eat rice and pie. I got pretty fat eating rice and pie, and no, I did not eat the whole pie nor did I eat tons of rice. My hormones are likely different from yours and are very efficient at storing calories from those sources.
    3. I like 'clean' eating, but it doesn't make me feel superior, nor does it make me lose sight of the big picture, whatever that may be. My 'big picture' isn't the same as your 'big picture'. We don't have the same goals.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Let me start off by saying I don't really eat clean. I try to eat natural foods whenever possible, but I still haven't cut my favorite "junk" foods from my diet.

That being said, I think people like you don't really understand the general concept of "clean eating." Yes, it means to only eat natural, real foods... however, the majority of people who practice it advocate for eating 80% "clean" and 20% "normal." So if you crave a slice of pie, eat a slice of pie! If you want a cheeseburger every once in a while, have it! It's just about changing your lifestyle to incorporate MOSTLY all-natural, minimally-processed foods. That's not a fad; it's just a healthier way to live in general.

Yes there are some people who take it too far and live way up on a high horse about it, but my encounters with those people have been rare. When I do come across them, I just ignore them. No big deal.

I have no issue with those folks, it's rather the ones saying that the chemicals in processed food are going to give you cancer of the everything.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Just a little PSA: Regarding sushi, it may be worth mentioning that the rice is made with sugar. I think that goes against Rule #1 in the clean eating handbook...

That said, I love sushi. I also love sashimi, and when I wanted to avoid sugar, I ordered sashimi. Skip the rice and you're all set.

Not to mention, if you skip the rice, you have more room for sashimi. :drinker:

Sashimi is so great.

Dammit, now I'm jonesing.

One Sashimi Deluxe, please...

Sashimi won't make it past me. I usually just catch the fish and peel the scales off with my teath. That's how the cavemen did it.

Whoa, whoa, whao, this thread is about clean eating, not paleo... THREAD DERAILER! :wink:
  • bearcrusher
    Options
    Everyone is free to eat what ever they want. Also yes you can enjoy any food in moderation and still be healthy.

Some of us just like to have food without as many chemicals and additives. Also, personal opinion here, but I don't feel as good after eating a meal that is "unclean" compared to one that is. This isn't the case for everyone I guess but to mock people for making healthy choices is kinda weird.

I always figured your body will run better without having to fight off unneeded "bad" foods. I'm no scientist though. So feel free to consider me stupid for thinking this way.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    This should end well...

4hdqab.gif
    34xktas.gif

It's like a Tumblr fight, but better.

tumblr_m3vf8wK4CG1r3zat8.gif
    stephen-colbert-and-jon-stewart.gif

In honor of the spirit of this thread -
    64i820.gif
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I'm STILL not even sure what "eating clean" means exactly. In any case, isn't the whole point just to be healthier? You know, in all aspects? Walk more, sleep better, eat healthier? *shrug* :drinker:
  • westcoastgrl21
    westcoastgrl21 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    If you ate clean you wouldn't be so grouchy in the morning - LMAO

I think I'll stick to eating clean & my 1 day a month cheat day seeing you didn't provide anything in the way of a persuasive argument not to & just attacked this so called "fad".

you don't get extra credit points for your food choices. either you make everything fit your goals under IIFYM or you don't. you can suffer and force yourself to eat stuff you don't want and pat yourself on the back for being superior to everyone else, or you can indulge in occasional treats that aren't "clean" so that you don't have the temptation to binge later.

i don't have to prove to you that the sun is hot. it's enough that i tell you it's hot so that if you were under the mistaken impression that it was cold, you may consider re-evaluating your opinion.

IIFYM is just as much of a trend/fad as clean eating. Not everyone sees eating a diet of fresh, natural foods in a clean-eating plan as "suffering". Eat whatever you want; I'll do the same.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    funny-gif-Colbert-screaming.gif
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I just don't get it. No one cares if you eat whatever you want, just don't tout "clean eating" for everyone as a cure to all ailments. Because its ridiculous.

*eats Andy Capp's Hot Fries and watch thread for the lols*
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    Just a little PSA: Regarding sushi, it may be worth mentioning that the rice is made with sugar. I think that goes against Rule #1 in the clean eating handbook...

That said, I love sushi. I also love sashimi, and when I wanted to avoid sugar, I ordered sashimi. Skip the rice and you're all set.

Not to mention, if you skip the rice, you have more room for sashimi. :drinker:

Sashimi is so great.

Dammit, now I'm jonesing.

One Sashimi Deluxe, please...

Sashimi won't make it past me. I usually just catch the fish and peel the scales off with my teath. That's how the cavemen did it.

Whoa, whoa, whao, this thread is about clean eating, not paleo... THREAD DERAILER! :wink:

I'm actually a caveman. I don't understand rules. Me sorry :(
  • marniephie
    marniephie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Ice cream > clean eating.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Clean eating is about eating food that has not been genetically modified. or grown with GMO seeds. I wish people would do research on this and wake up GMO foods are killing off everything good.

GMOs are killing off everything good!

06bb930d-c4fb-4d94-ab00-e14e9a8d51f7_zps16de700b.jpg

Oh the children, won't someone please think of the children!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    So let me get this straight: You think that avoiding foods that are heavily processed using methods only invented in the past 50 years or so is a "fad." Do I have this right? K, just making sure.
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    -_- lmao - Maybe I shouldn't have rephrased that to say "if it has more syllables than you can count on your fingers" :P

dihydrogen monoxide

Do you know how many people die from this every year? Scary stuff. We should ban it.
  • sixout
    Options
    Clean eating is about eating food that has not been genetically modified. or grown with GMO seeds. I wish people would do research on this and wake up GMO foods are killing off everything good.

GMOs are killing off everything good!

06bb930d-c4fb-4d94-ab00-e14e9a8d51f7_zps16de700b.jpg

Oh the children, won't someone please think of the children!

Man, I bet Hitler invented GMO's.
  • breeshabebe
    breeshabebe Posts: 580
    Options
    Where are all of these clean eater attackers? Seriously, I see more posts and comments making fun of clean eaters and ridiculing them than I do of clean eaters pointing the judgemental finger at everyone. Great, you eat what you want if it fits in your macros.. good for you. If your honest, and your truely doing IIFYM, then you probably eat "cleaner" then you admit to.
    It's about not letting unnecessary chemicals into your body.
    But without proper nutrition & such a "whatever whenever approach" your body will suffer for it in the end. It's not brain science!
    I try to eat as clean as possible because I am concerned about chemicals and processed foods.
    Love it i feel a lot better since i started eating cleaner i feel so energetic and my skin looks so clear no more acne and hell just healthier all around
    if not eating processed and refined foods decrease my pain levels, what are those things actually doing to people that eat them
    Some people want to lose weight to "look good" at any cost, what ever it takes healthy or not.
    To be more "healthy" then one needs to consider everything they put in their mouths like chemicals and such that isn't going to benefit or help them reach their "healthy" goal.
    What good will skinny be if I am cancer waiting to happen.

Sugga, If that was a clean eater attacker, then I am George W. Bush.

Regardless of if he/she is right or wrong, the OP made it seem like theres a clean eater on every corner offering unsolicited advice and attacking everyone elses food choices... while he, in fact, attacks them for their food choices.
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options

It is slightly related. At least he wasn't in here shilling for car insurance!
  • sixout
    Options
    -_- lmao - Maybe I shouldn't have rephrased that to say "if it has more syllables than you can count on your fingers" :P

dihydrogen monoxide

Do you know how many people die from this every year? Scary stuff. We should ban it.

Everytime I see this posted on facebook, or twitter, I just post this.

http://www.snopes.com/science/dhmo.asp

And love watching the backlash.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    IIFYM is just as much of a trend/fad as clean eating. Not everyone sees eating a diet of fresh, natural foods in a clean-eating plan as "suffering". Eat whatever you want; I'll do the same.

What people also seem to forget is that IIFYM arose from another body building trend - clean eating.

This is not because clean eating failed to work. In fact it worked very well. It was because bodybuilders got bored with reduced food choices (which is perfectly understandable.)

They are both decent dieting structures which an individual can use to secure dietary adherence given their preferences.

The fact that IIFYM is now seen as the answer to life, the universe and everything is a bit hilarious though.
  • sixout
    Options

It is slightly related. At least he wasn't in here shilling for car insurance!

I find that offensive.