Looking for other 40-50 age group w/ motivation to be fit.

Options

Replies

• sharon_moyer
    sharon_moyer Posts: 177
    Options
    Count me in and I sent you a friend request. I'm 44.
  • Scottg97
    Scottg97 Posts: 9
    Options
    50.....But pushing back hard!
  • bigbear167
    bigbear167 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    im in 55 and joined mfp in jan this year.
  • taxevazion
    Options
    I'm right behind you at 68 lbs... I just got the book called The Pleasure Trap that has been helping me. I'm basically eating a plant based diet...
  • Chatterbox57
    Options
    Count me in I'm 54 and holding. Wish the scales would stay still like my age! Too much to loose and loads of support much appreciated.
  • Winston1717
    Winston1717 Posts: 184
    Options
    Hi I'm Dave new to mfp soon to be 49. Have dropped 50 pounds and gotten in the best shape since my 20s. If you want support from me I would be glad to help just add me as a friend

Thanks!
  • NanaMAT3
    NanaMAT3 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    49 and have been menopausal for 4 years now ..... packed on an extra 40 pounds to my already overweight frame .... have dropped about 28 of those 40 xtra pounds ...... so count me in !!!!
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I turn 51 later this month -- I enjoy giving and receiving encouragement from others and learning good tips on how to reach our health/fitness goals!
  • babyblues4
    babyblues4 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    <---- 43 and fighting it all the way. count me in :)
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I am 46 and find the weight isn't shifting but I am getting fitter and slimmer all the time - I am (trying to be) more focused on healthiness rather than a number on the scales I have been on MFP for a while and like to get and give support and motivation.
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    oh, count me in please! not only am I in this age range, I have had a thyroid condition all my life. So I have to work that much harder, it is no longer an excuse for failure...
  • jnlandfamily
    Options
    Sounds great! 41 :noway: :laugh: :wink:
  • crazyvermont
    crazyvermont Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    53 years old an need an extra "kick in the pants" to jump start again as initially lost significant amount. but gained majoriy back due to some meds as well as poor eating habits associated with job/entertainment.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I am 44 so guess this is my group, feel free to add me if you would like.
  • nyqueensguy
    nyqueensguy Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I am in!!
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 48, 2 teens, widowed for 11+ years...
  • katdav60
    katdav60 Posts: 14
    Options
    Count me in please 52and struggling. Used to lose weight easy but not since turning 50
  • katdav60
    katdav60 Posts: 14
    Options
    Count me in please 52and struggling. Used to lose weight easy but not since turning 50
  • sbella666
    sbella666 Posts: 4
    Options
    yes! please add me in and as a friend! always looking for input, turning 47 tomorrow on the 7th. Just started this site -go to my profile and see my posts as been trying to get some pointers :) I also find a nice glass of merlot or a rum and seltzer with dinner on the weekends would be hard to give up. :) incidently I learned one shot of coconut rum and selter is only 51 cal :P
  • DAdele823
    DAdele823 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Would love to be in this group! I'm turning 50 in August...eeeks!