Looking for other 40-50 age group w/ motivation to be fit.

Replies

• Winston1717
    Winston1717 Posts: 184
    Hi I'm Dave new to mfp soon to be 49. Have dropped 50 pounds and gotten in the best shape since my 20s. If you want support from me I would be glad to help just add me as a friend

Thanks!
  • NanaMAT3
    NanaMAT3 Posts: 43 Member
    49 and have been menopausal for 4 years now ..... packed on an extra 40 pounds to my already overweight frame .... have dropped about 28 of those 40 xtra pounds ...... so count me in !!!!
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Count me in! I turn 51 later this month -- I enjoy giving and receiving encouragement from others and learning good tips on how to reach our health/fitness goals!
  • babyblues4
    babyblues4 Posts: 241 Member
    <---- 43 and fighting it all the way. count me in :)
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    I am 46 and find the weight isn't shifting but I am getting fitter and slimmer all the time - I am (trying to be) more focused on healthiness rather than a number on the scales I have been on MFP for a while and like to get and give support and motivation.
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    oh, count me in please! not only am I in this age range, I have had a thyroid condition all my life. So I have to work that much harder, it is no longer an excuse for failure...
  • Sounds great! 41 :noway: :laugh: :wink:
  • crazyvermont
    crazyvermont Posts: 171 Member
    53 years old an need an extra "kick in the pants" to jump start again as initially lost significant amount. but gained majoriy back due to some meds as well as poor eating habits associated with job/entertainment.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    I am 44 so guess this is my group, feel free to add me if you would like.
  • nyqueensguy
    nyqueensguy Posts: 100 Member
    I am in!!
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Hi! I'm 48, 2 teens, widowed for 11+ years...
  • katdav60
    katdav60 Posts: 14
    Count me in please 52and struggling. Used to lose weight easy but not since turning 50
  • katdav60
    katdav60 Posts: 14
    Count me in please 52and struggling. Used to lose weight easy but not since turning 50
  • sbella666
    sbella666 Posts: 4
    yes! please add me in and as a friend! always looking for input, turning 47 tomorrow on the 7th. Just started this site -go to my profile and see my posts as been trying to get some pointers :) I also find a nice glass of merlot or a rum and seltzer with dinner on the weekends would be hard to give up. :) incidently I learned one shot of coconut rum and selter is only 51 cal :P
  • DAdele823
    DAdele823 Posts: 2 Member
    Would love to be in this group! I'm turning 50 in August...eeeks!
  • cara6889
    cara6889 Posts: 4
    I'm in! I'm 50 and until about 5 years ago I could eat ANYTHING And as much as I wanted a never gain a pound! I just want to be healthy and feel good about the way I look! I just got started 6/5/13.
  • jadeeat
    jadeeat Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm Jill and I'm 43 and I would l8very to share thighs with you. I think it helps. X
  • Annb65
    Annb65 Posts: 10 Member
    47 and want to be happy with the body I have, not good at the moment, just joined a gym today so starting a 3/4 days a week... Well aiming too :)
  • SherZano
    SherZano Posts: 9 Member
    I would love to join in!
  • Annb65
    Annb65 Posts: 10 Member
    I know!! I'm 50 in just over 2 years... Wow where do the years go.... :)