Why do people hide their food diaries on here?

Options

Replies

• Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I don't hide mine. I just don't fill it out.

And if my friends hide theirs, I don't care. Doesn't phase me.
  • serendipity57
    serendipity57 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hey people let's all go eat a chocolate bar!!!
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    hahaha... the hiders.....
  • PrimaveraEterna007
    Options
    Because it is called a diary.. Not even my friends can see it. I don't want them to judge me or give me their opinion about what I eat or should eat.

No, thanks
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I thought you all should know that I just ate boiled egg sliced on a cracker.
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Lol I don't know...some people don't want to be judged..or maybe they don't want others to know they went over...

If they went over it would say when they completed their diary. It wouldn't say "and was under her calorie goal".

I think people lock their diaries for fear of being judged. I locked mine for a few weeks when I first started. I feel it keeps me more accountable when it's unlocked but others may feel different. This journey is a very personal one.

Everyone takes their coffee different.
  • sati18
    sati18 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I hide mine because im in recovery from an eating disorder and its hard enough for me to face when I go over my calories. Knowing that other people can see that i have and see what i've eaten makes me feel terrible. I know i need to accept that going over my calories isn't the end of the world, but i find myself not logging if i know other people can see it and i'd rather keep it private and be honest than derail my progress by having it open and worrying myself over it.

i do open it up to my friends periodically but usually end up closing it again because it makes me so uncomfortable. I dont welcome comments on what im eating really, i much prefer to just get on with it and not focus on food so much. I log better and more accurately when my diary is just for me. there's nothing wrong with that
  • glovepuppet
    Options
    I got nothing from that.

If I told you I ate two candy bars yesterday, I doubt I would feel anything from that either.

Were I to do something dire, like live off redbull for three days because I was on a deadline... well, i'd still not care. (I did that last month btw. Scored 98% where half the class failed. I rock). The only thing that bothers me is if his lordship gets 'concerned'. That s##t makes me feel guilty.

Good eggs though. Free range, straight from the farm. Nom.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

I had a sugar craving. Had a sour apple ice cream bar. Basically inhaled it.

...is this the part where we hold hands?
  • serendipity57
    serendipity57 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I guess I lock my diary the same way I don't leave the front door open for strangers to poke around in my refridgerator????
  • glovepuppet
    Options

I had a sugar craving. Had a sour apple ice cream bar. Basically inhaled it.

...is this the part where we hold hands?
    ok, but if you start singing kumbaya you get the pepper spray.
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Mind your own business.
  • WildMarmot
    Options
    I would assume mine is closed, since it's the default and I am pretty sure I did not change it. I don't log and count, but use the progress tracker so I just left everything as it was. There are probably a lot of people that simply dont use the calorie part like me. Plus food is a personal thing to a lot of people, and I think many people come here because they feel their bodies and diets are judged to begin with. I don't want people commenting on photos of me or going on about my food choices.
  • SiempreBella
    SiempreBella Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Because it is called a diary.. Not even my friends can see it. I don't want them to judge me or give me their opinion about what I eat or should eat.

No, thanks
    This
  • glovepuppet
    Options
    Words matter.
    'Hide' implies something.

When I go out do I hide my breasts? Or do I choose not to display them?

'Hide' implies baggy clothes or binding, going out of my way to disguise due to shame or belief.
    Choosing not to display them is throwing on a T because creeps ogling creeps me out.
    Another woman might wear a low cut top because she kinda likes the ogling. Choosing to display.
    A forth might go to nudist camps because she doesn't give a damn if people look or not, as long as she feels comfy.

Message boards rely entirely on the written word,
    So it would seem prudent to pick your words with care.
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Because I haven't put anything in it in a long time. I don't track it here anymore and I don't track it with that level of granularity anymore.
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    It's no one else's business what I eat. I find I am much happier when NOT sticking to a "diet" plan, and I doubt anyone else is going to be inspired by my food choices.

Honestly, a better question is why so many people choose to share theirs. How often do you tell your friends you had 1 cup of this cereal, 1 cup of milk, one of this vitamin, two of that vitamin, and 1 teaspoon of sugar in your coffee this morning? Who cares?

The only reason to display it is if you want others to try to eat like you because you think your choices really are the best. How arrogant! I honestly don't know which of my friends display their food and which ones don't, because I don't look unless asked.
  • marylorrainecox
    marylorrainecox Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I don't mind allowing my closest friends to see my diary, but I don't want strangers to see what brands of foods etc. that I eat and how often I eat them. That is not the safest thing to do. Just like, it might not be prudent to run the same route every day and post that route and time on the internet for strangers to see. some may call it paranoia, but I call it being safety smart.
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Words matter.
    'Hide' implies something.

When I go out do I hide my breasts? Or do I choose not to display them?

'Hide' implies baggy clothes or binding, going out of my way to disguise due to shame or belief.
    Choosing not to display them is throwing on a T because creeps ogling creeps me out.
    Another woman might wear a low cut top because she kinda likes the ogling. Choosing to display.
    A forth might go to nudist camps because she doesn't give a damn if people look or not, as long as she feels comfy.

Message boards rely entirely on the written word,
    So it would seem prudent to pick your words with care.

YES YES YES! THIS!
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options

No, thanks
    This

Man you've got some ****ty friends then.