is there any ice cream that is ok to eat?

Options

Replies

• FitnSassy
    FitnSassy Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I eat a bowl of bluebell vanilla 3 or 4 times a week. With chocolate syrup too.

I am so jealous! We don't have Blue Bell here in Cali. But whenever I go to Texas, I get some Homemade Vanilla! That's some good eating right there!
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    Try frozen yogurt.

For the same 4 oz, Baskin Robbins is 400. Most frozen yogurt is around 1/2 that
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Breyer's Low Carb (in vanilla or chocolate) is excellent, especially since I have to watch my carbs. The chocolate is rich and creamy and something I can indulge in every now and then.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    BTW. I just had 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream with a brownie. I'm still under my calorie count :)
  • recesq
    recesq Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You have to be more specific.
    ALL ice cream is NOT healthy for ALL people.
    Tell that to a diabetic or someone with insulin resistance and see how that turns out.
    IF you need to cut fat/calories, then light ice creams/frozen yogurts are better than full fat.
    IF you are sensitive to carbs for the aforementioned, Breyers Carb Smart ice cream is sinfully delicious. And only 4 grams net carbs.
  • happy_grandma_phenix
    Options
    I am diabetic, and it is true that it can hurt our bodies later on.
    I believe that I am lactose intolerant, love ice cream of all kinds
    but, I burp spoiled milk after I eat any type of ice cream.
    What kind should I get?
  • happy_grandma_phenix
    Options
    I have lost 27lbs so far!
  • phyllisgehrke
    phyllisgehrke Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I eat weight watchers Ice cream.
    I love their Dark Chocolate Raspberry bar, only 90 calories.

If you have calories to use, go ahead and enjoy your Ice cream
  • Punktorian
    Punktorian Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    It isn't all the difficult to make and I'm sure you could find a recipe to your taste in a few minutes on google. I like to add vodka, but that might not be in line with what you are trying to do.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Every ice cream is ok to eat. High quality ice cream is a JOY to eat.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    All the ice cream is OK to eat.
  • angelamary61
    angelamary61 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My absolute favourite icecream is Tip Top Lemon Luscious yoghurt Ice cream, so creamy and yummy and half the calories.
    Dont know where you live so you may not have access to Tip Top, so just try a yoghurt one if you can?
    Or just have it, weigh it and log it.
    Cant go without all the time.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    I buy those little tiny Ben and Jerry's cups.

The portion control is worth the premium to me - and honestly - I get about the same number of servings from $6 of those as I would have from a $6 pint.

I also like plain old ice cream sandwiches - again great portion control - and 150 calories each.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Walls Solero Exotic, & berry blast have 94cals & are making me drool thinking about them now
  • perdita_bugg
    Options
    I avoid all artificial sweeteners and am also vegan. I know many people are leery of "fake" icecreams, but I really love icecreams made from coconut milk. It is still high in sugar and fat, but coconut fat is one of the "good fats". Plus there is no cholesterol involved. I strongly suggest staying away from "so delicious" soy icecream because it just tastes terrible (the cookie dough flavor tasted like dig treats smell!) but I have always enjoyed Coconut Dream in chocolate peanut butter!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Buy a food scale that had digital gram weight and measure out a serving of ice cream. All ice cream brands provide the serving size in grams in parentheses.

Eat what you like and weigh it.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    a scale is really the only way to accurately measure ice cream. companies inject air into it, so any sort of volume or cude wooden rules device would be highly inaccurate.

That being said. I couldn't find americone dream, so I got some Greek vanilla yogurt. It was epic. except I ate about 5 serving of it today. and I didn't even care.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Ice cream daily here, whatever is in the freezer,raspberry ripple preferably.

And never, ever 'diet' or 'lite' abominations.
  • u_mad_bro
    u_mad_bro Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Ice cubes. If you feel extra naughty, you could make ice cubes of lemon water.
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I find the Lite ice creams are pretty good, esp Peters Light and Creamy which is 70 cal per serving.