is there any ice cream that is ok to eat?

Options

Replies

• Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I eat ice cream as often as possible
  • balsert713
    balsert713 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Check out pinterest for ways to make your own -- I found a recipe for "ice cream" made with only a little peanut butter, cocoa powder and frozen bananas. I haven't tried it, but it looks delicious! My next purchase is going to be a yonanas machine.. an ice cream making using fruit only! :)
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hi! Ice cream is just that...ice cream. While there are probably healthier versions, or sugar-free versions...I would just stick to regular. My dad's a diabetic and through his studying of ingredients...it's often that fat-free versions of products are ultimately worse for you than the original. Soooo, if I were you, just limit yourself. Make a rule that you can only eat one thing of ice cream a week - sort of as a reward....and don't overdo it either.

Personally, I've found that once you quit eating something...even if you loved it, after a while, you won't care for it as much! I also loved ice cream, but once I eat it after avoiding it for a few weeks, it's not the same.

Good luck!

Maybe try switching to frozen yogurt. That would be a healthier option.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Another vote for regular ice cream, just less. I prioritize quality over quantity, so maybe if you prefer quantity, that might change your choices.
  • Tiffa0909
    Tiffa0909 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    So according to the report posted Arctic Zero has from 46 to 68 percent more calories than what they claim in their label , that's mess up.
  • whiteheaddg
    whiteheaddg Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to make my way through the entire Blue Bell line-up. Currently on Century Sundae with Lemon Bliss, Caramel Turtle Cheesecake, Italian Cream Cake, Red Velvet Cake, Southern Blackberry Cobbler, Buttered Pecan, The Great Divide, and Dessert Trio all in the rear view mirror. It's tough work and I have a long road ahead of me, but feel I'm up for the challenge.

I'm at maintenance right now and find that I'm usually hitting my macros with a couple of hundred calories to spare when dinner is complete. That's all that is needed for a 1/2 cup of ice cream before bed.

Diary is open to all.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I've been enjoying the little single-serving cups of Starbucks and Ben & Jerry's flavors. Any ice cream you like can be measured out carefully with a food scale so you are in control of how many calories you're getting. Sometimes I use Blue Bunny vanilla frozen yogurt to make a Diet Dr. Pepper float. At 100 calories per half cup, that frozen yogurt makes a pretty substantial treat without nuking my calorie budget.
  • mcouturezz
    mcouturezz Posts: 145
    Options
    loll ALL of them if you know how to count !!
  • turtledrummer23
    Options
    Dryer's and Edy's, depending of if you're eastern or western US, both make a slow churned style of ice cream that is very deliciuos, and they sell them in smaller containers of only between 150 and 200 calories making it easy to limit yourself and control your portion. They are a little harder to find but if you do they're nice to have around when those cravings kick in.
  • sueb12345678
    sueb12345678 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Wheyhey icecream is a pure protien and its lovely i dont know if your uk based but if you goggle it you will find it i most heath shops in uk....
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    For those times when your a little voice in your head wants you to run out to the nearest grocery to buy a container of ice cream and eat it, another ice cream craving substitute is a frozen fruit/milk smoothie made in the blender. After you've drunk the cold, fruity goodness, you'll probably have forgotten about ice cream. Depending on how many calories I want to consume and my mood, I add Greek yogurt and honey.

But ice cream? When I have it, I want the REAL stuff.

Guar gum, xanthan gum, aspartame, etc. Yuck.
  • tbodega
    tbodega Posts: 186
    Options
    If you have a Red Mango near you, I'd suggest the Dark Chocolate "Skinny Sorbetto" made with Stevia.

http://www.redmangousa.com/nutrition/

It's delicious!!

At home I have a Yonanas machine that I used to make soft serve "Ice Cream" out of frozen bananas.
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I love icecream and its hard to let it go, so is there any brand or any way to make homemade icecream that is healthier?

Just for the record I am going to have over 1,000 exercise calories burned after Zumba. I plan on rewarding myself with a Shake..... or a Root Beer Float.
  • Xenophonica
    Xenophonica Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    If you have a Red Mango near you, I'd suggest the Dark Chocolate "Skinny Sorbetto" made with Stevia.

http://www.redmangousa.com/nutrition/

It's delicious!!

At home I have a Yonanas machine that I used to make soft serve "Ice Cream" out of frozen bananas.
    ^ yes.

I am lucky enough to have 3 frozen yogurt shops in my town, and Red Mango is my favorite. I load up on fruits in mine and honestly, I don't miss ice cream at all. In fact, I had coldstone creamery with a friend yesterday because she doesn't have one where she's from, and it made me realize how much I really don't miss ice cream, haha.
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'm on maintenance so it's a little different for me, but once a week my husband and I go to the local Ice Cream shop (just opened for the season a few weeks ago... thank God it was closed while I was losing!) and I have a half-kiddie sized cup of very high quality ice cream. I fit it into my calories for the day and it's just plain awesome. If I'm feeling like I want a little something during the week I'll have a Hood Fudgcicle.... 60 calories.... and they are creamy and delicious!
  • fruitsalad15
    fruitsalad15 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Someone recommended to me that you can put a yoghurt in the freezer for 10-15 minutes and it feels like your eating ice cream! Not sure if it works, I haven't had the need to try it yet but I think I might tonight!
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I eat Weight Watchers ice cream EVERY NIGHT. 150 calories and delicious!
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    eat any icecream and exercise it off
    i like skinny cow mint icecream sandwiches they have less cals
  • BobOki
    BobOki Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    With as many replies already in this thread, I wanted to say it's been covered, so I am posting just to show I came to answer what was already answered and be an awesome guy.
  • dellaquilaa
    dellaquilaa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I eat real, Oberweiss ice cream :)
    The trick is to keep it to one portion - so grab a 1/2 cup measuring cup thingy, and track those calories.
    Another alternative is to make your own ice cream - that way you can control exactly what goes in. I make banana ice cream if I buy too many bananas and can't eat them before they go bad - it's super simple. Bananas + blender + enough milk to make it creamy. Freeze and dig in :)