Looking for other 40-50 age group w/ motivation to be fit.

Options

Replies

• jsidel126
    jsidel126 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Staying in shape through regular exercise and watching what I eat...
    Count me in too and feel free to add me...
  • JoAnn73
    JoAnn73 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    PLEASE ADD ME!!!
  • nightdragon70
    nightdragon70 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    43 here. made a conscious choice to lose weight years ago and then just yo-yo'd back and forth. This time is the all out charge and so far so good. I'm closer to my goal than my starting weight, but still have a ways to go. So count me in!
  • Dan4495
    Dan4495 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'll turn 55 next month. Determined to get fit and trim while I am still healthy enough to do so.
  • Daemoniumm
    Daemoniumm Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I am very interested! I am 40 and new in this!
  • OnorahS107
    OnorahS107 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Please count me in. I'm 46 and after years of taking care of everyone else and raising 3 kids I'm finally making myself a priority. I'm finding the weight loss slow going. I'm allowed 1200 calories a day, and I'm exercising hard 60-90 minutes a day and have only lost 5.6 lbs in the four weeks since I started. I want a permanant lifestyle change but I thought that I would see greater results at first. I'm thinking middle age female hormones are working against me. Anyone else having this issue?
  • rafiki2013
    rafiki2013 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Im Definately Feeling The Same As Many Of You! 48 And Ready To Feel Fit Again!! Feel Free To Add Me As A Friend :)
  • Jluong40
    Jluong40 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello. Count me in. I'm 42. Spent my 20's raising my kids, my 30's being a good wife and am going to spend my 40's getting fit and seeing to myself. I have been exercising for about a year now and have seen good result, not great, because my eating is hard to get a handle on, but good. I've decided to join a group, give and get some support and start holding myself accountable to others as part of my motivation to getting fit and happy.
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Please count me in. I'm 46 and after years of taking care of everyone else and raising 3 kids I'm finally making myself a priority. I'm finding the weight loss slow going. I'm allowed 1200 calories a day, and I'm exercising hard 60-90 minutes a day and have only lost 5.6 lbs in the four weeks since I started. I want a permanant lifestyle change but I thought that I would see greater results at first. I'm thinking middle age female hormones are working against me. Anyone else having this issue?

YES YES YES!!!
    Just wait until menopause gets into full swing :grumble: I can still do the same stuff I used to do but weight just seems to cling to my hips and thighs. You'd think with the amount of running and cycling I do, weight would either melt off or at least stay steady. It is a major struggle now.
  • d8fsr0
    d8fsr0 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!. I am 53 and about 40 pounds overweight. I am having a hard time losing even with proper diet and exercise. Maybe age and hormones do play a role, but it sure is discouraging to work so hard and see no results. It is hard to stay motivated when this is happening.
  • fatboy235
    fatboy235 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Going to be 42 in a few weeks and have always been husky. Feel free to add me and whoever else wants to send a friend request please do.
  • Rhonda21km
    Rhonda21km Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    47 here - training for a full marathon - never felt better as I do think that often age is in your mind-set.
  • k8n1
    k8n1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I will be 50 this year! I absolutely HATE menopause, working out is my only relief. Just joined MFP this month, I share my diary & recipes. Anyone can add me, I love to give encouragement as well as receive it! Yeah!!!!
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    47 here - training for a full marathon - never felt better as I do think that often age is in your mind-set.

I feel pretty much the same way, which I guess is why biology is catching me by surprise. I feel better now than I did in my 20's.
  • ajrossa
    ajrossa Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi.
    I think the hormones are part of it but it's really about making sure you are aware what, how much and when you eat. Using this app makes you aware of how many calories/fat/sugar some food have - more than you thought. So it's about changing eating habits as well as keeping up with exercise.
    Used to do martial arts and was very flexible, but due to an injury I had to stop a few years ago.
    Am now back to the gym, seeing the difference in being more toned and my abs starting to show. Summer's a good time to start and keep it going - don't change training and eating during the winter ... you'll regret if you put on weight come next summer :smile:

Am only looking to lose a couple of pounds, and once I've achieved this I am sure I'll be able to keep my weight thanks to this great application.
  • candgree52
    Options
    Ready to get moving and get motivated!
    So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains And we never even know we have the key.
  • candgree52
    Options
    :flowerforyou: way to go, keep it up!
  • fizzfizz
    fizzfizz Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hello - been using MFP for a bit to track nutrition (low iron issues) and for weight loss since 6/5 and have just joined the forums cos while it's going really well, it's hard going! But hey, you know that ;)

Need a knee op so won't be able to get that fit, but determined not to be unfit either - I exercise (gently) daily ... Scraping in at 49 and a half!

Feel free to add me
  • remitzh15
    remitzh15 Posts: 2
    Options
    Count me in too! 41 and my son just turned 1! Need to get my body back, have healthier eating habits, and keep it off this time. :)
  • fizzfizz
    fizzfizz Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    OH FOR THOSE WHO DIDN'T SPOT IT, THE NEW GROUP LINK IS HERE BY THE WAY ... do add yourselves

Thanks to the brilliant winonauk - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/14672-40-50-health-group