is there any ice cream that is ok to eat?

Options

Replies

• operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    If you get an icecream maker theres tons of healthy yummy recipes on pinterest :) Also look on skinnymom.com she has a bunch of yummy recipes for some :smile: If you don't have an ice cream maker, or until you get one I use this everytime I'm craving icecream or something sweet :)

Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Sorbet: 178 calories per serving: serves 4
    2 medium ripe bananas
    2 T peanut butter (I used Jif)
    2 T chocolate chips (I used semi sweet, but dark chocolate would be good too)
    1 container vanilla yogurt (I used yoplait original, but could use light, or even greek)
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    just blend everything in a blender (like you would a smoothie) until its a creamy consistancy then pour into a container and freeze, or you could just chill it because its a creamy pudding consistancy :)

Another option which I'm sure many others mentioned is fit it into your daily cals... everything in moderation :)
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    IN FOR ICE CREAM?

What were we talking about?

I eat them all. It's like pokemon for me. The hardest part is making sure I put it in the bowl and measuring more than 1.5qt, 1.0qt, or 1.0 pints...
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I am diabetic, and it is true that it can hurt our bodies later on.
    I believe that I am lactose intolerant, love ice cream of all kinds
    but, I burp spoiled milk after I eat any type of ice cream.
    What kind should I get?

Freeze bananas without the peel cut into 1in before freezing and then put in blender or food processor and blend the ****ens out of it. comes out smooth and tasty. Add PB or chocolate to it and even other frozen fruit. Yummy stuff right there
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Healthy two ingredient ice cream that you can make at home:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbZRE6YiX68

Alternatively, you could switch to fruit sorbet. Not as creamy but just as nice!
    Frozen Yoghurt too :wink:
  • TIDDYBEAR
    TIDDYBEAR Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    A McDonald's ice cream cone is only 170 calories. I'm sure you could work that into your calories.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    I love icecream and its hard to let it go, so is there any brand or any way to make homemade icecream that is healthier?

Natural ice cream without hardly any chemicals added. Anything that says low fat, skinny cow, WW leave in the store. Eat in moderation and enjoy.

So, do you not use shampoo or hand soap that you by pre-made from the store? There are chemicals in that too.. and laundry detergent... and the air you breathe from all the cars on the road. I try to eat whole foods and cut out about 90% of processed foods from my diet... but unless you live on a farm in Montana and make EVERYTHING that touches your skin from scratch you're getting chemicals from somewhere. Life is too short - eat a popsicle from the grocery store once in a while. It won't kill you.
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow's chocolate fudge cone is 150 cals and DELISH. On days where i dont' have too much to spare I blend greek yogurt and frozent fruit...esp with pineapple it's great.
  • salemat
    salemat Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Milka has got "mini cones" (different tastes like Daim or vanilla) , 72kcal the piece.
    small but it helps getting rid of the feeling "I WANT ICECREAM, now" ;)
  • wlaura88
    wlaura88 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My favorite low-cal ice cream option are the So Delicious Coconut Ice Cream Sandwich Minis. They are 100 calories and have just the slightest hint of coconut flavor. YUMMY
  • ctopherSmith
    ctopherSmith Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    When I get the craving for ice cream, I go with something like Schwan's mini's (http://www.schwans.com/products/productDetail.aspx?id=53219&c1=9403). It's just a few bites and generally seems just about right. Moderation in all things.
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers has some great ice cream, and it tastes just like normal. As long as it fits in your daily allowance, and you're not overindulging, go for it. :)
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Get one with quality ingredients and use portion control. You can make your own too but whenever I do it, it's so good that I have much more trouble with portion control. Instead, I usually get a pint of Ben & Jerry's (usually their Froyo or Greek Frozen Yogurt...just because I like them the best, not because it's somehow healthier) and split it into 4 portions so I'm not tempted to eat half the container (or more) in one sitting.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Ben & Jerry's Phish Food, Chubby Hubby, or Half Baked.

In other words, all ice cream. Watch your portions. And NO, the B&J pint is NOT one serving size :laugh:
  • wiggam17
    wiggam17 Posts: 22
    Options
    if your worried about eating icecream freeze fat free koolwhip and then add fruit for toppings :) Thats my trick since I'm only allowed 1200 calories a day!
  • tuiteyfruity
    tuiteyfruity Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you like to cut out dairy there is swedish glace which is a dairy-free alternative which some of my dairy-eating friends actually prefer over normal ice-cream!

Other than having ice-cream in moderation, what i like to do is cut up banana and freeze it for a couple of hours because when you put it in the food processor for a couple of minutes it tastes like banana ice-cream!
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    All of it is okay :) Personally I like frozen yogurt too. You can get fat free and sugar free and honestly they taste just as good.

But I was going to recommend Turkey Hill sugar free. I had the vanilla and I never would have known it was sugar free.

Now I want Ice cream!!!
  • KristyAnn81
    KristyAnn81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    There is a popsicle called edy's outshine no sugar added fruit bar its only 25 calories!

I'm addicted to these and I don't even feel bad about it!!!!!
  • crystalwelshroberts
    crystalwelshroberts Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I really like Yoplait's Honey Caramel frozen greek yogurt. Nom nom nom.

I agree absolutely fantastic!
  • kazza2011
    kazza2011 Posts: 12
    Options
    Freeze a peeled banana as a popsicle - then eat it when frozen. quite nice and just the calories of the banana. other alternative is to make icecream with low fat yoghurt.
  • yukino3006
    yukino3006 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Lol that's funny