Do you shop at Trader Joe's?

Replies

• mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    OMGGGGGG!

Every week my boyfriend and I make a trip.

Chicken pesto wrap! Their flattened banana with peanut butter, reduced guilt guac., I can go on, but just about anything.

My boyfriend and I always end up saying "Damn you, Trader Joe's!" almost any sample they are handing out....we instantly love!! haha
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    I MUST add two more, but they will rack up calories.

Piled high apple pie and their chocolate brownie cookies.
  • KimLee76
    KimLee76 Posts: 89
    Yes, I like Trader Joe's.

I usually buy avocados, persian cucumbers, garlic olive oil, red win vinegar, almonds (like that handful pre-portioned), almond meal, coconut oil, and they have my absolute favorite greek yogurt.

I like some of their snacks like the roasted seaweed snack and they have great cheese - one of their gouda's is my favorite.
  • KimLee76
    KimLee76 Posts: 89
    Oh and tapenade
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Eggplant hummus, the little Belgian dark chocolate bars, the Greek yogurt, the Rainbow trail mix (buy at your own risk), olive oil, spices, and my FAVORITE... the frozen veggie mélange. And their cheeses are awesome. You could have a new cheese every week and not run out for a good long time!

Oh, and the cookie butter is an evil crack-like substance that we can't keep in the kitchen.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Shopped there for the first time last Friday! They're one of the few places I was able to find a bread that I like that doesn't contain soy. Their nonfat greek yogurt is also really good - and in the small tub cheaper than Chobani or Fage. The organic produce I get from them is also cheaper than WholeFoods. TJ has been added to my grocery rounds for good!
  • andrewjuu
    andrewjuu Posts: 76 Member
    I have found Trader Joe's to have really good prices on most things. They carry many higher quality food items & there is some inventory overlap with items typically found only at the local health food store. They generally are much cheaper than the prices at the health food store. They also have a large selection of prepared frozen dishes, many of ethnic origin. We've tried quite a few & most are really tasty & offer a change from the dishes we usually prepare for ourselves. All in all, we are happy to have a Trader Joe's available to shop at.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Oh and tapenade

OMG! Best thing in the world.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    They just started building a Trader Joe's in our area. I'm excited! We LOVE our Whole Foods as well currently.
  • leighdiane91
    leighdiane91 Posts: 225 Member
    There wine section is AWESOME! oh and its really really really cheap! like 3-10 dollars for a bottle!

haha but besides the booze, their hummus is pretty tasty!
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    They have wonderful coffee and great chocolate too. I got a chocolate bar called "The Dark Chocolate Lover's Chocolate Bar"...80% cacao and amazingly delicious. Also have healthy meals available from sushi-tapas cheeses...great chicken salad. If we had one closer to us, it'd be the only place I shop.
  • donna710
    donna710 Posts: 91 Member
    I wish we had one closer. The nearest one is 1 1/2 hrs away :-( I love their salsa and my sister raves about their hummus.. I would definitely shop their more.
  • gimmegimmemoar
    gimmegimmemoar Posts: 213 Member
    I'm addicted to TJ. I do go a bit crazy in there sometimes, but hey I'd rather spend it on high quality food then crap or takeout!!
  • TitzMcGeez
    TitzMcGeez Posts: 104
    UGH! I miss Trader Joe's!

Some of my favorite things used to be their blue corn tortilla chips, and their salsa :)
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    I don't have one near me, but I found it is the only place in my city to find Ezekiel bread, which is sprouted grain bread that is made with lentils and other good stuff. If I have a few minutes when I happen to be near a TJ, I stop in to buy a loaf of that... and maybe a bottle of whatever wine they have on special :)
  • Keegansmum6
    Keegansmum6 Posts: 193 Member
    I don't go as often as I would like =(. The closest one is 40 minutes away
  • lripson28
    lripson28 Posts: 213 Member
    There never was one anywhere close to my are but now one is being built, right on the route I take to and from work! I'm so excited to try it out. My husband thinks it's gonna be expensive :/
  • Their NY style cheesecake is really the closest to NY cheesecake we can get without going to NY (and we are from NY, so for me to say it's the closest really means something!).

Super thick and creamy (unlike other places that advertise NY cheesecake which doesn't even COMPARE).

I also like their salads and wraps. And they have a triple berry muffin that's delish!
  • TLow97
    TLow97 Posts: 55
    Yes! But only for COOKIE BUTTER! It's super tasty!

It looks like their Cookie Butter has really good reviews. What do you put it on?

You're supposed to put it ON something...? Like, other than a spoon?
  • IliN82
    IliN82 Posts: 108
    Great thread!!
    I love their ready made grilled chicken, so easy to have for lunch! Also their apricot salsa sauce also goes very well cooked with chicken, and it's only 25 calories per tbsp.
    Also love their rice pudding and tapioca pudding.

Oh and one last thing they sell weetabix cereal there (British cereal) for 2.99$!! It's $6.17 at stop and shop. Love trader joes!!!