Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @robin--sorry you and the BF are having "issues"--I think you just need to be honest with him about how you're feeling and encourage him to do the same. It might mean you decide to stick with it, it might mean you take a break; it might mean you both move on; regardless you will be better off than if you both just pretend there's no problem.:flowerforyou: Oh and thanks for the kudos on quitting smoking. It's so weird b/c I don't really miss it though I occasionally think "it's time for a cigarette" only to remember I don't smoke.

@helena--glad to hear your mom is doing ok and responding well to the treatments. I've seen commercials for that hip hop abs and it looks really fun. Maybe when I'm done with 30 DS I'll have to try it. It's nice that you have your sister to do it with you.

@kris--I agree with others--just take those 2 days "off" if you know that's your norm.

@laura--wow, that's a lot of gardening which is a super calorie burn! Also, congrats on the Talbots pants! That's gotta feel great!! :drinker:

@karenleona--woohoo! you got your 2nd knee!! Here's to a speedy recovery! :drinker:

@tom--I've never been anywhere in New England, but hubs and I have talked about making a trip out there for years. Your list of "to do's" makes me think we need to start planning!

@tina--there's no shame in taking the summer off of school--as a teacher, I highly recommend it! :wink: Good job with 30DS, but be careful with that knee. Are you taking any rest days? Tracy said Jillian herself recommends 2 rest days/week for muscle recovery. Remember if your muscles are to stressed, your joints will end up doing all of the work.

@ecmorales--welcome!!:flowerforyou:

@caramel--good job with Combat!! Keep going--you can finish!

@mel--I'm so sorry to hear about your continuing struggles with vertigo. Is yours also caused by nerve damage like Marca's? I was under the impression that some forms of vertigo were curable or at least treatable, depending on the original cause. Regardless, I'm sure you're right that losing weight to get healthier can only help. We are all here for you!! :flowerforyou:

@kaye--Congrats on 48 years!!! :heart: :drinker: :flowerforyou: My parents will be celebrating 47 in a couple of weeks.

@tammy--as someone else said, I WISH my husband were guilty of "running away with" proposed projects. He's the opposite--he hems and haws and then makes the littlest fix 10 times more difficult and it takes 10 times longer than it should. :ohwell:

Tuesday Goals:
    Well, my major goal right now is to continue with 30DS 5x/week without diminishing my other exercise. Today, I went to the gym and ran 2 miles, cycled 9 miles, and did the rowing machine. Then I came home and walked gunner before doing 30 DS Day 3. I guess so far, so good. :happy:

I also dropped off 2 bags at Good Will and bought 2 new pair of capri pants while there. It's so exciting to be in a size 12 and amazing how much more variety and choice there is in this size compared to 16's and 18's which is where I started. The dining room table will probably stay on my list all summer--it seems it's never cleared completely. :ohwell:

Another big goal for the summer is to get my spare room cleared out before my trip. There's just so much crap in there, it's completely overwhelming, but I need to get it done.

Exercise Goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE + gym RAN outside instead
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE + 30 DS DONE
    Wed--walk gunner + 30 DS
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym
    Fri--walk gunner + 30 DS
    Sat--walk gunner+ run + 30 DS
    Sun--walk gunner + 30 DS

To do:
    1. Drop off bag of clothes to Good Will DONE
    2. Clear clutter on dining table (did some)
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Kaye- Happy Anniversary!!! Congratulations on 48 years of marriage. My parents will be married 48 years in November.
    Tina- We all need a break from school especially during the summer. Take the summer and get yourself together. Watch out for your knee and give it time to recover.

Karen L- Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Karen- Calculating calorie burns are very difficult. I know my Polar HRM (Chest Strap) is lower than the Sportline HRM (wrist watch style) I first used. I just figured it was because of the different methods of getting a heart rate- finger pulse vs. chest strap constant. I do know that I need to work harder to get my heart rate up now compared to when I first started. This is a good thing.

MowMow- I totally understand the need to binge due to my period- I tend to go after all types of carbs a couple of days before mine starts. Just plan for it to happen and try to find some good alternatives instead.

Laura- the new shorts look great. Congrats on the smaller size.

Cath-Welcome back. Hope all the surgeries are behind you now and you can move forward.

Tom- love the quote. Maybe you can change up what you are eating for a snack- carrots, apples and peanut butter etc. I also have trip a tortilla chip made with flax seed and they are blue. They are actually good with a bit of a kick to them. I will need to find out the name brand and let you know. A co-worker brought them in.

Robin- good luck with the BF. Hope everything works out for you. You deserve the best.

Goals- To survive the end of school and get the final exams graded tomorrow. Will be difficult due to meetings after work-YUCK. One meeting will be too long since the person is an idiot about a few things dealing with curriculum and she works for the board. I may need to make sure I have someone to get me out of this meeting if needed. She will get 30 minutes of my time.

Wish- That my meetings tomorrow go smoothly. I also want to find the time to exercise even if that means coming home and hitting the gym before my meeting. I need an excuse to leave my meeting in 30 minutes.

I am seriously thinking about training for a 5K with a co-worker. She would be willing to do a sprint triathlon with me but first she want to get the 5K under her belt. This might be a good motivation for me as well. She is also working on losing weight so it would be good for both of us.

Goals for this week 6/8 to 6/14
    Saturday-Rock climbing or gym GYM DONE
    Sunday- REST several fun things planned DONE
    Monday- Gym with trainer DONE
    Tuesday- GYM- Bowling and dinner out instead
    Wednesday- Rest
    Thursday- gym
    Friday- rock climbing
  • CathEsh
    CathEsh Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    @Kaye ~ Happy anniversary! Today my hubby and I celebrated our 37th!

@Skinny ~ Congrats on quitting smoking. I wish my daughter could do the same. She quit for 4 months then started again, and now she's trying to quit again. It is a struggle for her :(

Tuesday goals: Exercise at least 30 minutes each day. Make wise food choices. Sounds simple (but not so easy!).:frown:
  • TOPSmarca
    TOPSmarca Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Just a drive by! I did 1 1/2 mile workout this evening WITH a few short run intervals and feel GREAT!!! I am SO thankful for the ability to not only exercise but to enjoy it again!!! Take THAT vertigo!!!!
  • Atiy5
    Atiy5 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I wanted to do a brief update...I have been losing about 2lbs a week. Since the beginning of the month I have lost 4lbs as of this morning, so now I am trying to just keep the momentum and be 10lbs lighter by the 1st of July (fingers crossed). I have been having cravings for cookies and ice cream lately, but I have been working hard on curbing my cravings (whodnu cookies and skinny cow clusters are a lifesaver).

I have been thinking about buying hip hop abs, but not sure...has anyone used it? I am concerned about being 100lbs overwieght and trying to do it...I have read insanity is not for those that need to lose a substantial amount of weight. I have p90x and it is challenging, but I can do some of the dvds. I just want to make sure that Hip Hop Abs won't be collecting dust like my bellydance dvd lol.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning & Happy Hump Day!

I missed my workout yesterday, I was having really bad muscle spasms last two days for some reason and after 5-hours of sleep the night before followed by a crazy day at work yesterday I was just too tired. Went home, took a muscle relaxant, and curled up with Zoe to watch SYTYCD. I think I’m going to call chiro today and see if I can get in to see him this week for some EMS therapy on my back – maybe it will help.

@Tom~I think you jinxed me, ever since you mentioned issues with your garage door opener mine started acting wonky yesterday.
    @KarenL~Wishing you a speedy recovery! :flowerforyou:
    @Karen~Do you hire out? :wink: My spare bedroom has turned into a “catch all,” I really need to tackle that room one of these days and get it organized.
    @Robin~Sorry for the “issues” with the BF, I hope you can figure things out.
    @Tina~It’s good to give ourselves a mental break every once in a while, important for stress recovery. If you’re feeling stressed, you made the right decision so don’t be too hard on yourself about it. Rest up, enjoy the summer with your daughter and hit the books hard in the fall (I know you will). Great job with 30DS.

Kudos to those doing 30DS – I have that DVD, I don’t remember buying it and it’s never been opened. Maybe I’ll jump on the bandwagon and add that into the mix in July.

Wednesday Wish~Sending healing vibes to those that are injured or hurting. To those that are struggling, hang in there - you got this!

Enjoy the day!
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Adaptability...boy there are some lessons I need to learn about this. My husband and son took an impromptu trip for a baseball game and Emma and I hung out. Unfortunately, with some other things that came up, I was only able to get one 30DS in yesterday. Today, I did L1D4 of it and am caught up. However, for child care reasons, I will not get to my Aqua Power class, nor life weights today. To make up for it, I'm going to search the websites for some at home work outs that I could do tonight after she's in bed. We'll see what I come up with :frown: Went over on my food yesterday SIGH....but today is a new day!! :heart:

@Tom -- I hear you about summer. I went to school to be an elementary school teacher and didn't end up teaching. I do like my job so it doesn't really bother me too much, but I get a little down each summer and Christmas break:ohwell:

@Helena -- Glad your mother has taken a positive turn. i will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

@Robin -- sorry to hear about your BF. Hope you can get some things figured out tonight at supper.

@Karen -- awesome work out day!!! And the reward for all your hard work -- size 12 -- good for you!! :smokin:

@Cath -- Happy belated 37th Anniversary!! :flowerforyou:

@Marca -- Glad you are feeling better.

@Kelley -- what is SYTYCD?

Wed Wish: That my son and husband have a great time on their vacation. My son has been struggling emotionally lately and part of it has been missing his dad (he's been working six 12 hour days lately), so this is a much needed father/son bonding. Baseball game and approximately 12 hours in a car should provide some great bonding/catching up time for them. :smooched:

Friday - gym & Weights & 30DSFriday - 30DS == DONE
    Saturday - Zumba & 30DS == DONE ON SUNDAY
    Sunday - rest (suppose to be gorgeous out so maybe some basketball at the park with the kids) == DONE ON SATURDAY
    Monday - Aqua Fit & Weights & 30DS == MOSTLY DONE
    Tuesday - 30DS == DONE
    Wednesday - Aqua Power & Weights (30DS rest day -- I know I can't do Aqua Power and that on the same day) == CHANGED TO 30DS == DONE
    Thursday - 30DS
    Friday - gym & Weights & 30DS

Have a wonderful Wednesday....hope all your wishes come true!
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @Kelley -- what is SYTYCD?

@Tracy~Glad your DH and DS can spend some much needed time together, bet they have fun! SYTYCD is So You Think You Can Dance – it’s my guilty pleasure, I don’t know why but I love that show! :laugh:
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    MyM0wM0w- I have had many of those days lately. And it sucks when you have them. Even as I am eating that day I know I shouldn’t but I still do. I know not to have chips in the house or certain kinds of snacks because I usually don’t stop once I start eating them. This past week I have been tracking my food and doing pretty good. Except for Saturday and Sunday I did have some pretty big calorie meals. You are doing amazing just keep it up 

MaryPoppinsIaint-Sounds like you had a good day of gardening! Sounds fun! And it’s a lot of work and you do burn a lot of calories! I know for the most part MFP’s calorie burns are usually higher than what my HRM reads. But all you can do is track it and maybe don’t eat back all of the said calories burned.

KarenL- hope your knee recovers quickly!

Helena-Hip hop abs, how is that!? I have wanted a new workout DVD, and I have seen a lot about that. But wanted to know how it is on the knees?

RobinsEgg- Sorry to hear about the issues with your BF, but all you can do is talk and see where it goes from there. Whatever may happen it will be ok and it will work out.

LaurieK—training for the 5K with someone sounds like a great idea! I was doing the C25K by myself, and had my sister in law go with me once and it was better to have someone with me and doing it with me. She was a little faster than me but it was still great. Good luck with that 

Atiy5—I love my skinny cow ice cream that I get. I usually have one every night. I make my day work to where I can fit it in, to where I am not always having those cravings. I myself have wanted to try hip hop abs. I’ve also been thinking about insanity but think it isn’t a good idea right now, not with my knee hurting. How is P90X? I have wanted to try something like that, something a little more hardcore. But I’m not sure about that. You’re doing great with the weight loss, keep it up! But just remember you can set a goal but if you don’t hit it don’t get discouraged.

Kah68—I do love the 30DS it’s a great workout. And I love SYTYCD!! I agree that giving myself the summer off is a good thing. I had 3 weeks off after spring semester but I’m glad to have off until late August.

Tlh0407—Good job for getting 30DS in! I completed L1 D6 today. If you are looking for online workouts www.fitnessblender.com it’s an awesome site. Has different exercises, different lengths of exercises and different difficulties of exercises. All free. No need to sign I think. I LOVE it!
    SYTYCD=So You Think You Can Dance.

Wednesday Wish: That I can keep up with the way I am going right now.

I didn’t really feel like getting up this morning, but when my alarm clock went off I got up. And then I felt good after my workout. I was dripping sweat. My calorie burn still seems low. But the 30DS is not all cardio so that’s why I suppose.
    Today was L1 D6 of 30DS
    I am going to be swimming as well after work today with my daughter and family at my parents house. So some more calorie burn there.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!

Tina

As for school, I know that I made the right decision. It still feels wrong to me. But I know its right. If that makes any sense. I will start back in fall and hit it hard most definitely.
  • caramel1920
    caramel1920 Posts: 271
    Options
    Wednesday Wish: That I get to see my boyfriend soon (been working 12 hour shifts)!:sad:

Hope all your wishes come true!:happy:
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Kelly- My new garage door opener is sweet! It is way more modern then the old one. It has a keypad outside and new sensors I do not have to jump over! It is more secure too, with rolling code. Sorry yours is getting wonky. I know I cannot dance so I never watch that show (SYTYCD).

CathE- One day late for 37 years, hope it was a great time!
    202_zps44342543.gif

“Tom - are you logging your food? Where exactly are you having problems - is it the time of day that causes you to snack or the type of food that you snack on? We want to help.”
    I do log my food but I sometimes remember stuff later that I did eat and forgot to log. I do go back in and log them but it makes me think I may sometimes forget stuff that does not get logged. I am going to start weighing things to be more accurate. Do you measure meat poultry and fish before or after it is cooked? My blood sugar has been pretty good even with my snacking (type II diabetes). I need more leafy greens and vegetables. I did get some subscriptions to some health letters Harvard’s Men Health and Nutrition Action News Letter that I only have one of so far. Both do not have ads pimping their products. The Nutrition Action News I just got my first issue of two days ago is pretty brutal on products. They list best bites as the stuff you should eat. It is amazing that a lot of things that try to sell you on low fat and healthy really are not that good for you.

Thanks to Kelley and Laurie (Iknow there was someone else also but cannot remember who) for suggesting some healthier snacks!

Quote of the day; - “Bigger snacks mean bigger slacks.” ~Unknown

Hope you all have a healthy day!

Tom
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @tracy--good job catching up on 30DS, and thanks for the kudos about my workout yesterday. Today was supposed to be a low burn day (just 30DS and a walk with gunner), but now a friend and I have plans to go to BWW for the Stanley Cup finals. I'm thinking I might need to go for a quick run to burn some extra calories for those wings!

@kelley--I can't even get my own "catch-all" room cleaned out, so I don't think you'd want to hire me to NOT get yours done either. :laugh: And yes, once your back heals you should definitely join in the 30DS "fun."

@atiy--I've never tried hip hop abs, but I've seen info-mercials and it looks like fun! I bet you could modify it to work for any fitness level. Helena and her sister have been doing it, so maybe she'll give you some feedback about it.

@marca--yay for enjoying the exercise!! :drinker:

@cath--Is your daughter using any nicotine replacement to quit? Or is she going cold turkey? I used an electronic cigarette to quit. Just switched to the e-cig pretty much cold turkey--I think I had 2 real cigs left when I bought my 1st e-cig. I know you can buy reusable e-cig kits, but I just used the Blu disposable ($10 at walgreens) b/c I didn't want to invest too much in something I only wanted to use for the short term. I think I ended up buying 5 e-cigs over the course of about 6 weeks. I quit using those the 2nd time I got sick from nicotine withdrawal--just didn't want to go through that a 3rd time. I wish your daughter luck--like anything else, if she just keeps at it, she will eventually quit for good.

@laurie--yes, my wristwatch style HRM was always a bit high compared to MFP's numbers. But my newer chest strap style HRM had never worked properly. It reads my HR accurately, but it says I burn almost no calories. For example, it says I burn under 100 total calories running 3 miles. :noway: There's just no way that's right--a fit, healthy weight person burns approximately 100 cal/mile. I'm carrying extra weight which means I should burn slightly more. I won the HRM in a holiday raffle, so I've never been too concerned with figuring out what's wrong with it (I suspect I have it programmed wrong). I'm planning to buy a new one (probably a Polar) when I get my summer pay next week.

Wed Wish:
    To have a productive afternoon, and then a fun evening watching the Hawks beat the Bruins!!!

Exercise Goals:
    Wed--walk gunner + 30 DS
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym
    Fri--walk gunner + 30 DS
    Sun--walk gunner + 30 DS

To do:
    1. Shred old paperwork
    2. File last year's bills/paperwork
    3. Clear clutter on dining table (did some)
  • Helenavee42
    Helenavee42 Posts: 175
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I need to start going to bed earlier and put my alarm (my phone) across the room so that I have to get up to turn it off. It is too easy to just roll over and tap the screen to snooze. I need to just get up when my alarm goes off.

Tina&Atiy: Hip hop abs is SO much fun! They have someone who shows you an easier version. I sometimes have a problem with my knees but hip hop abs doesn't seem to bother mine at all. I don't do the jumping though. I really do recommend it. It really works your abs even just in the cardio option which is what I've been doing. I was a little sore Monday and yesterday but I am ok today. Mostly it's been my back that's been a little sore.

Wednesday wish:I wish that my mo would keep responding to treatment. I also wish my bf had a better work schedule on the weekends so I could spend more time with him.

Have a good day.
    Helena
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish, that i was better at being an adult :laugh:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @toots--I spend half my life wishing I were better at being an adult, and the other half wishing I didn't have to be. :ohwell:

@tom--When I 1st started weighing my food, I had the same question about weighing meat, so I did some research. What I found was most people say weigh it before cooking (this is what they do at restaurants--so a 6 oz filet is the weight before it's cooked). However, I also found a lot of people saying the difference in weight is usually negligible and mostly water (the only exception to that is probably very fatty meats). Therefore, for the sake of convenience, I tend to weigh my food after it's cooked.

Finished day 4 of 30DS, but otherwise not very productive.

Exercise Goals:
    Wed--walk gunner DONE + 30 DS DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym
    Fri--walk gunner + 30 DS
    Sun--walk gunner + 30 DS

To do:
    1. Shred old paperwork
    2. File last year's bills/paperwork
    3. Clear clutter on dining table (did some)
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    cuprings_zps7d4b4e9e.jpg

Karen the last time I tried to watch the Stanley Cup Finals at BWW they would not put the sound on because they had to play the NBA playoff sound:mad: . I have not been back to BWW to watch a game since:noway: . You are probably safe with it being Blackhawks and being in Chicago. Good luck to your Hawks, but I’m still rooting for Bruins!:drinker:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @tom--love the picture! It's sure to be a great series, regardless of who wins. Of course, I'm rooting for the Hawks, but I wish your Briuns well too. :drinker:
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish, that i was better at being an adult :laugh:
    I love that! I could second it. Sometimes being an adult is pretty trying.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Today was a good day. I did get a condensed workout in before heading out to a meeting tonight. It felt really good to get moving. Tonight was a cardio focus with 10 minutes each on three different machines (row, elipitical and spin bike). It is much easier to push myself when the trainer is there otherwise I tend to back off quicker during the intervals. It was a good burn.

Karen- You can look up your heart rate monitor on-line and get the directions for programming it. I have a polar FT-7 and I love it. It seems to give close to accurate calorie burns, when I match the HRM with the machine. The other good thing is that the machine will also pick up the signal so you can see your heart rate on the screen which will make the machine numbers more accurate.

Suggestions needed- I am the site coordinator for the interns at my school and next week we have our final meeting of the year. My counterpart at a different school will not be returning to her school next year which means this will be the last meeting with all of us together. We want to do something special for her but I need to consider those who are watching their weight. I am thinking cake and flowers but I am open to other suggestions. I make a really good cake with pumpkin that is lower in calorie and very good. This person was a great help to me when I started in this position and I am sad to see her go. She is moving to a new school.

Wish- That it does not rain until later tomorrow so the 8th graders can have the end of year picnic outside instead of inside after the awards ceremony.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    We got home this afternoon in time for me to hurry to my dr. appt. Then I had to go to the hospital for all of my pre-op work. Since it is a small hospital, the staff recognized me from Oct. and were all asking if I had lost some weight. Kind of fun.
    The graduation last night was cold and long. They had it in an outdoor stadium and it had rained a lot during the day so it was really cold. It didn't start until 8:30 pm and there were 499 graduates to be honored. Whew!
    Its been a couple of crazy days. I think that I've done okay calorie wise, but I have so much to do in the next few days that I think I will just start with my logging fresh tomorrow and not try to catch up yesterday and today.
    Robin- the statement about compromise made me smile. Never thought of writing a book. Congratulations to the others who are reaching big milestones.
    My surgery is Tuesday morning. I'm anxious to get it over with. My Wed. wish is that my dr. would be able to find more effective pain management than I had last time.
    Have a good evening. Kaye