Like Minded Lushes - August 2010

Options

Replies

• clptak
    clptak Posts: 8
    Options
    I usually have a glass of wine with dinner or just after, as my snack. Lately, though, it seems every evening calls for more than one glass - my son's recent wedding and all the parties that led up to that, and then our daughter just announced that, after a lot of trying, she is pregnant! So, we had to drink to that, too. Maybe I'll just give up eating and then I'll have lots of calories to waste on alcohol - not really! I'm lucky the reasons I'm drinking are celebratory, and I know that! I am, however, afraid to weigh myself, lol!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    count me in for almost caving. got the kidlets down for bed and reached for a perrier, sans vodka or lime

Sunday = 0 drinks
    Monday = 0 drinks
    Tuesday = 0 drinks
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Must be in the air...feel like crackin' a beer and chillaxin' in the hot tub...

I think working makes me drink...something to ponder
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Must be in the air...feel like crackin' a beer and chillaxin' in the hot tub...

I think working makes me drink...something to ponder

I was all set at Famous Daves (yest, their mascot is a pig) to drink dinner instead of eat it and realized I am taking prednisone for the next couple days and can't...drank water...sniffle, sniffle
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Well I may have stayed away from the beer...but not from the food... time to get myself bahaving properly again.. start my work week off right (today's my Sunday) Having the hubs home at night is really throwing me off.. we tried waiting til he gets home for dinner but that puts it at 7:30... normally that's the last possible time I allow myself to eat.. well now I'm going to bed 1 1/2 hours early.. so dinner at normal time last food at 6:30
  • tex43
    tex43 Posts: 229
    Options
    Sunday = 0
    Monday = 0
    Tuesday = 0

Wednesday ,I don't know already looking like time for a little drink drank drunk! I've got my calories figured for 9 Lite beers from Miller with out going over ,but usually number 10 starts hollerin during number 8.

I know this sounds like a lot to some of you light weights ,but I'm a pro! lol
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Sunday = 0
    Monday = 0
    Tuesday = 0

Wednesday ,I don't know already looking like time for a little drink drank drunk! I've got my calories figured for 9 Lite beers from Miller with out going over ,but usually number 10 starts hollerin during number 8.

TRY, TRY, TRY....YOU'LL BE PROUD OF YOUR YOURSELF...A ROLE MODEL FOR ALL OF US

Sadly, it doesn't sound like a lot to me...especially, Miller Lite
  • somaja
    somaja Posts: 21
    Options
    Now that's funny! :laugh:
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options

I used to drink ten beers at a time. In high school. You know, before I had a tolerance.
  • tex43
    Options

I used to drink ten beers at a time. In high school. You know, before I had a tolerance.
    Yeah ten is all I can tolerate on a week night,but I'm still working on it!:drinker:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I am tired of drinking lite beer. It seems like I can drink it all day and not get a buzz. I guess I will just have to drink vodka or tequila with club soda!
  • tex43
    Options
    A woman after my own heart!!! lol:drinker:
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Sunday = 0 drinks
    Monday = 0 drinks
    Tuesday = 0 drinks
    Wednesday = 3 glasses of wine
  • somaja
    somaja Posts: 21
    Options
    Well so far I have been 3 days with no alcohol! Tough feat for me. But now the weekend is around the corner and I can almost sense me trying to make up for the whole damn week!! I am a healthy eater so I know my 15lbs is from drinking. UGH!!! When the weekend comes, how do you keep your alcohol calories in check with your food calories?
  • tex43
    Options
    That's when the CC really comes in handy,getting in a good work out definitely helps.I try to be very limited on my first few meals,then eat something like a turkey dog mustard on a piece of wheat bread just before starting to drink,then the trick is to not eat after the party,and carefull not to binge the next day due to your hang over.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    1) Went to the liquor store yesterday and stocked up to the tune of $180.00 in various products:noway:

2) Looked up the recipe for skinny margaritas figuring I could make my own:love::drinker:

3) Ended up being ALCOHOL FREE:bigsmile: ...that makes 5 days...EVEN A LUSH LIKE ME CAN DO IT
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Been alcohol free since Sunday :smile: Walked past all the glistening bottles of wine in the shop today without buying one, knew if I'd bought one I would have wanted to drink it tonight :happy: Last day of work today for 16 days :bigsmile: Tomorrow is Friday, bring on the wine :smile: :happy: :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Hey lushes, I am back.
    I drank and drank and drank.lots of wine, Mikes, beer, rum,vodka, Bailey's and butterscotch schnapps. very lttle water and boy can I feel it. I had a great time. But I am ready to get back on track. no weighing until next week when I have things back to normal.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    :drinker: Well, my drink-free run ended yesterday and I killed it with a bang:drinker: ....holy hangover:frown: ...I will be worthless today:sick:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I feel ya! I went to happy hour, 2-4-1 and since I picked vodka soda I guess I thought I deserved to have a 3 double-tall ones! ouch.