Covering Up A Multitude Of Sins...Really Scary

Options
Hanfordrose
Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
I have seen so many before and after pictures on MFP. Most folks didn't start out quite as bad as me. The majority of my life was spent carrying well over 200 pounds. My 68 years and all that weight did a lot of damage that may or may not be FIXABLE.

Yes, I have lost 52 pounds in the past 6 months; but I still have a long way to go. I put together a before and after photo in April showing me at 280+ pounds to 232 pounds. It was a SAFE before and after picture, because I was fully clothed and not exposing anything scary.

In a recent post, I showed photos of me in a swimming pool for first time in years. I chose photos that DIDN'T reveal the worst of me. MFP friends commented that I didn't look like I was 219 pounds. Why didn't they see the truth? Because I was HIDING in the water, behind a towel or in carefully chosen clothing. The rest of the photos were DELETED, because I was still too scared to share the truth about how bad my body looked.

Today, I want to show you the TRUTH. This is me at 219 pounds. This is a real set of BEFORE pictures. This took more courage than anything else that I have ever done; but it was time to stop COVERING UP.

This first photo shows me dressed in my swimdress with a blouse to cover up my arms. Warning: This is only going to get worse...much worse, but I need to do this.

ReallyFat01_zpsd9fd9f0d.jpg

Here is the first step toward the Truth.

ReallyFat02_zpsbc565b05.jpg

Now, we are getting really honest. This is the damage done by years of carrying the fat. Believe it or not, my husband thinks that I am sexy. Yes, he is an old man who probably could use some new glasses; but he love me...just as I am.

ReallyFat03_zps98c9e9b0.jpg

This is the bad news about my back side. Yes. This is a reality check. This is what my tired, fat, old body looks like at 219 pounds. Can you imagine this same body at 280+ pounds? I didn't have the guts to take that picture.

ReallyFat04_zps802631ab.jpg

I couldn't have bared my body 6 months ago. I was too scared of what people would think...would say about this fat, old lady. I couldn't have done this TODAY without the encouragement of my MFP sisters and the trust that I have in all of you. If you don't consider this a Success, I feel sorry for you. Being truthful take courage, and it is the first step to getting healthy.

Today, I took my 219 pounds back to the water and swam 20 laps of that pool with the help and encouragement of the man I love, Pastor Special Ed. I couldn't do any of this without him.

Yes. I may be one of fattest ladies to use that pool; but I am also one of the luckiest, because I know that I am loved by this incredible man and my many dear MFP friends. I will succeed in losing the 18 more pounds to get my new knees and another 40 or more pounds on the other side of Onederland with their continued love and support.

By the way, isn't Ed a handsome swimming coach?

06-13-13Backtothepool05_zpsf1fbe6bf.jpg

Replies

• missCherry1977
    missCherry1977 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    great job! don't worry about the stuff you can't control anyway. What's important is you are getting better every day
  • kajungrill
    kajungrill Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight you have lost! We can't change the past so say goodbye to it and be proud of the progress you are making today. Good work!
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I love it! Your spunk and your love will surely get you through this!
  • LinOtt
    LinOtt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    That took great courage! Well done. No way you can go back now. Thank you for encouraging us with your story. I have in these last few months learnt for the first time, to be kinder to myself..
  • zinonya
    zinonya Posts: 3
    Options
    You're doing great!!! Keep up the good work!!
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: your personality is beautiful and so are you.. to cute.. congrats on your wt loss thus far!!! awesum job...:drinker:
    and yes handsome couple indeed :heart:
  • jennagoogles13
    Options
    Your positive outlook on life is truly inspiring! Congratulations on all of your success and your bravery:flowerforyou:
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Love your amazing attitude! Congratulations on your wonderful progress!
  • bio01979
    bio01979 Posts: 313
    Options
    you're beautiful :) Never let anyone tell you otherwise :)

thank you for having the courage to share those :)
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful - inside and out. Your photos and story took a lot of guts. Give that Ed an extra big hug - he is amazing too
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    You rock. Truly. :smile:
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Oh my GOSH, I just love you! You posts are always so full of optimism and happiness and bravery. I wish I could be more like you.

Well done, you! And go make that awesome husband of yours a sammich!
  • kimstwin
    kimstwin Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiring post. Progress is progress, and you have nothing to be ashamed of! Good luck in your journey.
  • Territravel
    Territravel Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I applaude your bravery!
  • colleenz43
    colleenz43 Posts: 12
    Options
    your courage is inspiring! I look much the same as you do!
    More ladies than not, probably do. i applaud your 50 pounds.
    Its hard steady work, with gratifying results.
  • maruby95
    maruby95 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love this post!! Congratulations on your success so far. And for what it's worth, I wasn't at all 'scared' by your pictures. You have a beautiful smile and a positive, grateful attitude which is very attractive in my opinion. I can see why your husbadn thinks the world of you :). And on that note, can I tell you how wonderfully refreshing it is to hear a woman who has been married for a while adore, appreciate, and enjoy her husband?! Congratulations on a (seemingly) happy, healthy, fullfilling marriage- which is darn hard work :).

Many blessings on your journey!!
  • mmorrison19
    mmorrison19 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ah you are so awesome! You are so lucky to have someone so supportive! Congratulations on your weight loss! I think you are absolutely gorgeous, inside and out!
  • Browne_Fox
    Browne_Fox Posts: 12
    Options
    Paster Special Ed is not wrong, you look terrific.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    You are too hard on yourself you look great. We also have the same body type with our tummies.
  • MGreensides
    MGreensides Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Two days in a row you've had me crying reading your posts!! I honestly think you look great, and liberated. Those new knees better be ready for you! Pastor Special Ed is one very lucky, handsome man.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!