What is your NSV for today?

Options

Replies

• MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I'm rearranging my closet. I found a turquoise and silver concha belt that I had made by a Native American silversmith a good 30 years ago. Haven't worn it in years. I tried it on, and it fit ... in the same hole I used back then.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I mustered up the courage to do 30DS for the first time today and, while it was a challenge, I did the whole thing with no time outs to catch my breath or any modifications. I did a short cardio warm up before a 10 minute butt workout after. My buns are screaming today but they'll be singing soon. :wink:
  • nak1a
    nak1a Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Today I just feel great! I am only weighing once a month, so it's good for me to notice my NSV's! It's also a big deal to feel great, instead of sluggish and uncomfortable! :)))

yessss! i'm weighing in once every 2 weeks, so NSVs are everything to me too. I havent even had my first weigh in yet but i took some selfies today and i can see that I have indeed slimmed down. :)
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I walked a high hill today, which was hard, but it's getting easier. Then, later, I took the family on a walk that involved a HUGE hill and I got up it without stopping! Pittsburgh hills are really something. I wrote about this on my blog today.

Another NSV is that my smaller swim suit is now baggy in the butt! I'm still in a 3X, but there's hope here!
  • Raeontherun
    Raeontherun Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    A guy at the gym asked me for a spot :)
  • gracetillman
    gracetillman Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Went to Six Flags with my son today and I got a grilled chicken salad with fat free french dressing -- I made the healthiest choice and I was not "suffering" -- I was happy to do it. I wanted the salad more than anything else on the menu!!
  • scubar17
    scubar17 Posts: 43
    Options
    Today I got into and wore a pair of pants that I haven't worn in years and couldn't even get past my thighs earlier this year!
  • funsmile1234
    funsmile1234 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I buckled a car seatbelt with ease and give that I use to have to have help buckling!
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I could the curve of my ribcage. Still well padded....but it's there! Collar bones will be a HUGE NSV.
  • jlzking
    jlzking Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I just got told by someone at work that I need to buy new jeans because i have lost so much weight that the ones I am wearing are falling off me.

So much with the yay!!
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I woke up at stupid o'clock this morning and instead of pulling the duvet back over my head I got up and went to an early spin cycle class before going to work.
  • l0velife1
    l0velife1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Today I signed up for my first 5k! I have always hated these things but I got the guts to take the initiative.
  • scubar17
    scubar17 Posts: 43
    Options
    I had two 13-gallon, tall trash bags full of pants and shorts that I could no longer fit into. I have successfully whittled it down to less than one full bag!

And Goodwill, here I come with the clothes that are too big for me now!
  • 2kidsandatrip
    2kidsandatrip Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    One of the girls at work told me I look more narrow and that my butt is looking good.
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I deadlifted 73% of my body weight today. I feel so strong and healthy it's incredible!

AND I now have a bit of a butt instead of a crack in my back! YAY!
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    Had a nice workout, lifted heavy, walked a little. Went home, ate, in for a swim. Stretched, a little free, and then a butterfly stroke, then a couple more; length of pull and both shoulders just let me keep going. Five years of no butterfly, but tonight it changed. I'm coming back and getting stronger each week. So my NSV is about getting stronger and moving faster.
  • USMCnetty90
    USMCnetty90 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    downside- my favorite pants and jeans no longer fit and I'm too broke to buy all new clothes.

Go to Goodwill for 'weight-loss' clothes. My wife has lost 25 pounds and has gone from a 14 to a 10. She got 3 pairs of jeans for like $20.

Not sure if its nationwide but the Goodwill out here has scratch off days on the 15th of every month. I went on saturday and got 5 summery light tops three shorts, yoga pants a top for my daughter and cute ballerina type shoes for $31!!!
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Went to an amusement park today and was able to comfortably fit on a ride that was too uncomfortable to ride last year :bigsmile:
  • seawolf86
    seawolf86 Posts: 55
    Options
    Went to the gym by myself for the first time in a year (always go with my fiancé) and worked out harder than ever!
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I did some stretches today after having neglected them for a couple of weeks, and I can tell I'm more flexible and stronger than before.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!