What is your NSV for today?

Options
Today when i was putting on my HRM strap, it was a little bit too loose and i had to tighten it up:)

What is your NSV?

Replies

• RheeaBYG
    RheeaBYG Posts: 12
    Options
    bump:)
  • Shelby1582
    Shelby1582 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    pulled out my last year's shorts for summer and realizing they were too big. Then pulling out my shorts from years ago that I were too small for me but I kept anyways for when I lost weight and -- ta da! They were too big.

downside- my favorite pants and jeans no longer fit and I'm too broke to buy all new clothes.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    My father died Tuesday. No, I did not worry about my calories. But I did log. It made me feel better to keep up my normal routine. That was a huge victory for me personally.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    pulled out my last year's shorts for summer and realizing they were too big. Then pulling out my shorts from years ago that I were too small for me but I kept anyways for when I lost weight and -- ta da! They were too big.

downside- my favorite pants and jeans no longer fit and I'm too broke to buy all new clothes.

I bought a sewing machine to alter all my favorite clothes so they still fit. And threw out all the old ones that don't fit that I didn't like.
  • mrsna
    mrsna Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Great NSV's. I went to the doctor and the nurse asked me if I was a runner after she took my blood pressure and heart rate, because "only runners have heart rates that low." I like that nurse!!
  • stumegsmum
    Options
    I got into a lovely business dress that had been hanging in the wardrobe for ages - you know, one of those inspiration dresses that you buy and somehow finds it way to the back of the wardrobe?- and it was too big on me!!

Also bought some jeans a couple of weeks ago which are already loosening up nicely
  • RheeaBYG
    Options
    @Shelby1582: Congrats. I also kept a few of my clothes from when i used to be skinny:)

P.S: you are broke now but you have an amazing body and probably have a better body image about yourself. When you finally have some money and do buy clothes that fit you it will be even more rewarding.
  • suzanne_oh
    suzanne_oh Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My father died Tuesday. No, I did not worry about my calories. But I did log. It made me feel better to keep up my normal routine. That was a huge victory for me personally.

I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • Clovergirl143
    Clovergirl143 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I actually had a couple of them today! :D

1) My smallest zip up hoodie (small to the point that I stopped wearing it for a while because it was too tight and made me feel like a sausage), fits comfortably now! :D
    2) As I was on my walk today, I didn't feel that uncomfortable rubbing between my upper thighs! :D

The scale wasn't very nice this past week, so it's nice to see things like this that help keep me motivated to keep going! I *FEEL* better and my clothes fit better, so for the time being I'm ignoring the scale ;)
  • Clovergirl143
    Clovergirl143 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Is there a Goodwill near you? At least for the moment, you can find some pretty nice clothes that will fit both you and your budget! Especially if there is a Goodwill Outlet store and you don't mind digging...clothes are priced by the pound there! Hope this helps! :)
  • nessa2BFit
    nessa2BFit Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    my NSV is a big one for me... i wore a XL shirt for the first time in forever.. was in a 3x in january!!!
  • RheeaBYG
    Options

My condolences. Losing someone you love is really tough(i speak from experience) but the most important thing is to cherish all those moments together and appreciate what your dad has done for you.

Good job on still logging although it must have been so hard.

BE STRONG!
  • RheeaBYG
    Options
    Great NSV's. I went to the doctor and the nurse asked me if I was a runner after she took my blood pressure and heart rate, because "only runners have heart rates that low." I like that nurse!!

Wow, that is amazing. Quite the NSV!
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I WANT to go to the gym today. That's pretty rare. I also did the mile long walk to the bus today without getting all huffy or out of breath - yay me
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I had to find a nail this morning to poke another hole in my belt!
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    My jeans that were just at the brink of being too tight to wear when I started watching my diet are now fitting comfortably. I lost another 1/4" from my upper arms and a 1/2" from my waist. I feel thinner than the scale says I should and I'm going with it.

Oh, and I had the first day with all restaurant (really good restaurant) eating and stayed on track, at least as far as I can estimate. OK, I had only two meals instead of my usual four, but that wasn't my choice. I feel even better knowing I was able to control myself while SO HUNGRY.
  • BeinAwesome247
    BeinAwesome247 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Getting in my morning walk....granted I had a puppy whining at me but just the same - I did it
  • sradams1
    sradams1 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I bought a Polar HRM. Hope it helps motvate me, becasue i am in a rut!!
  • jlolson6740TK2
    jlolson6740TK2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My CEO bought dilly bars for the office and respectfully declined!!

(I started the Turbo Fire Inferno Week today.... probably shouldn't cheat on the first day! :tongue: )
  • RheeaBYG
    Options
    All your NSVs are so inspiring.

Losing weight is not always fun but reading success stories of other people and even small things like NSVs(which if you look at ain't that small) keeps me going and inspires me the most during the hard times.

I love the MFP community:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!