What is your NSV for today?

Options

Replies

• DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I get to eat a buttload of cake and ice cream later. Score.
  • TedStout
    TedStout Posts: 241
    Options
    My wife bought me pants with a 30" waist. I was skeptical until I put them on. Really? 30"??? Heck, its been better than 30 years since i fit into them! Pretty exciting for me :)
  • RheeaBYG
    RheeaBYG Posts: 12
    Options
    I bought a Polar HRM. Hope it helps motvate me, becasue i am in a rut!!

I also have a Polar HRM, the FT7. It is such a great tool.Love it!
  • furniem
    furniem Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Did my measurements today and overall I have lost 20 inches since May of 2012 from my waist, hips and chest!!
  • Fit_French
    Fit_French Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I slipped on a pair of shorts that are a juniors size 5! Slipped! not even the in the if it zips it fits category :)
  • jpuderbaugh
    jpuderbaugh Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    My heart rate on the treadmill was lower than what it was the first time I stepped on it, going the same speed. I also avoided ordering my "norm" when hubby and I went out to eat this weekend, and got (and enjoyed) a much healthier option. And I really wanted what I normally get too.
  • aszwarc
    aszwarc Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I sent a box of the clothes that I shrunk out of to a friend of mine who is also losing weight. I had to get some new tees to wear this summer, because the 2XL shirts I wore last year are on their way across the country. I bought mediums. They're tighter than I'm used to wearing, but they probably would be considered "properly fitting," I just used to wear things loose.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    downside- my favorite pants and jeans no longer fit and I'm too broke to buy all new clothes.

Go to Goodwill for 'weight-loss' clothes. My wife has lost 25 pounds and has gone from a 14 to a 10. She got 3 pairs of jeans for like $20.
  • aszwarc
    aszwarc Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    My wife bought me pants with a 30" waist. I was skeptical until I put them on. Really? 30"??? Heck, its been better than 30 years since i fit into them! Pretty exciting for me :)
    You sound like my husband, only his new pants are 32"s. He last wore a 32" in high school, more than 25 years ago.
  • BajaDreamin333
    BajaDreamin333 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    pulled out my last year's shorts for summer and realizing they were too big. Then pulling out my shorts from years ago that I were too small for me but I kept anyways for when I lost weight and -- ta da! They were too big.

downside- my favorite pants and jeans no longer fit and I'm too broke to buy all new clothes.

I can totally relate! I used to have several "skinny clothes" in my closet to try on to guage how fat I was, and I no longer have those - I'm wearing them - and some of those are too big. I broke out the summer box this weekend, and immediatly had to go shopping. Yeah, I broke my budget to avoid wearing clothes that look baggy and sloppy. My husband went so far as to say "just tighten a belt on those shorts" but I felt like a Beverly Hillbilly. The strangest thing is button up shirts and t-shirts that used to be short are now long enough to wear with leggings. I'm making a goal to learn to sew so I can get some more wear out some stuff before I sell it at the consignment shop!
  • JoRumbles
    JoRumbles Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    My 3 year old said "mummy, your tummy is getting smaller"
  • SlinkyAndHerAmazingBunsOfSteel
    Options
    I resisted the urge to do my usual night time eating thing! I'm going to bed now...:drinker:
  • agggie550
    agggie550 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    One of the ex competitive body builder at my gym... told me I had made a lot of progress, I was doing great work, looked amazing (first time he and i talked about lifting i showed him a picture of old me), and I quote "Hell you ought feel great your lifting a S*&T Ton of weight"
  • skinnylynnie74
    skinnylynnie74 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm sick with a bad cold and I feel horrible, but I am making sure to eat healthy foods even if my appetite is all out of whack.
  • SlinkyAndHerAmazingBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Love it!!! :wink:
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I put on my favorite pair of yoga pants today to go for a walk and I couldn't keep them up. Made for an interesting 2 mile walk.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing a pair of size 4 pants that originally didn't fasten comfortably. =) Sadly I still have muffin-top going on, but I'm happily going to ignore that for the time being...
  • FishingGuy75
    FishingGuy75 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I went further on the exercise bike today than I did yesterday.
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Put on a pair of dress pants today that were just too tight and uncomfortable in January. Not only to they fit, but are even a bit on the loose side now.
  • gettingmeback2013
    gettingmeback2013 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My father died Tuesday. No, I did not worry about my calories. But I did log. It made me feel better to keep up my normal routine. That was a huge victory for me personally.

Very, very sorry for your loss.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!