What is your NSV for today?

Options

Replies

• arac62
    arac62 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have gained 2 pairs of pants, 2 shirts, a dress, and a skirt -- all from my closet. I am nowhere near my goal yet, but my body feels fantastic.
  • Kaypix
    Kaypix Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    NSV today:

Went to Qdoba for lunch and skipped the tortilla, got a "naked" burrito instead, hooray!
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    My NSV for the day..... I was able and willing to walk 3 blocks to the local Hobby Lobby and back on my lunch break! That is not something I would have been able to tackle, nor would I have wanted to, before I started this journey. So I am very happy about that. :flowerforyou:
  • annemcharles
    annemcharles Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Went shopping today - and size 8's were a little loose - usually they are a little tight and I have to move up to a 10. Small...but it still made me smile! :smile:
  • MadameMC
    MadameMC Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I looked down at my legs and realized I can noticeably see the difference in how much smaller my legs have gotten. They swelled up huge and gave me "cankles" and at one point there was almost no discernible difference between the size of the largest area of my calves and the size of my leg slightly above my ankles. I'm very happy to say that they're not only shrinking in diameter, but the skin quality is improving, they're a lot less sore, and they taper again!
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Went out for a long ride today - both my horse and I are getting much fitter. We did the canter up the hill twice (ok, one was a flat-out gallop, wheeee!) and trotted for 20 solid minutes at a stretch going home. And then, I went and rode a second horse and still had the leg strength for a 13km bike ride in the evening!

My calves may be big, but it's 15" of solid muscle. Only part of my body I really like at the moment.
  • jimmyalice1984
    jimmyalice1984 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Threw an extra 10 kg onto my last set of squats today and I managed 4 reps!!! Happy happy happy......
  • swtbaby2
    swtbaby2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Completing a walk in 26 minutes that used to take me close to 1 hour and not getting tired. :)
  • hilarydurst
    hilarydurst Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing the same size swim suit for the past 10 years, yesterday I went to buy a new one so I tried on the same size... it was to big. I had to go down a size smaller. I also bought a couple pairs of jeans a few weeks ago... they're also to big on me now.
  • waterfaeriegirl
    Options
    Coworkers ordered Mexican and had cupcakes for dessert. I said no without feeling conflict and am going for my C25K run after work. :)
  • EAPTX
    EAPTX Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Came back from vacation and was not squished up against my neighbor in the plane - AND didn't even have to have the seat belt all the way extended! Yay!
  • Megs081211
    Megs081211 Posts: 150
    Options
    I bought a Polar HRM. Hope it helps motvate me, becasue i am in a rut!!

I also have a Polar HRM, the FT7. It is such a great tool.Love it!

Where did ya'll get yours and about how much? I really want one.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I started drinking my coffee black. I don't need sugar anymore in my morning cup of coffee.
  • NBSfit
    NBSfit Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I wrote a short angry post about Bob Harper's totally unnecessary new book and now when you search "bob harper 800 calorie diet" on Google I'm on the bottom of the first page. Sweet!
  • summery79
    summery79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Someone told me today that I look great, and they are inspired by my results to lose weight too!

:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • stacylperry
    stacylperry Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    MY NSV today is not having any thing to wear! all of my clothes are too big !! Even the ones that I've recently purchased are now baggy ~ GUESS I'LL HAVE TO GO SHOPPING AGAIN .... ( darn )
  • megfah
    megfah Posts: 61
    Options
    I WANT to go to the gym today. That's pretty rare. I also did the mile long walk to the bus today without getting all huffy or out of breath - yay me

^^^^^^^ I wrote this a couple hours ago

I have a new NSV:
    I went to the gym today and ran an impromptu 5K!!!!!! I had no idea that I could do that!!!!! I'm so freakin' proud of myself!!!!!
    I love this. You SHOULD be proud, that is just awesome! I love that feeling when you do something you didn't know you could do.

My NSV: I wore a dress to work today that I bought a couple months ago for inspiration - in a size down from where I was - and now it's a bit loose. Plus I got a bunch of compliments on it.
  • ba502
    ba502 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I finished the 30 day squat challenge today!!!
  • sriley721
    sriley721 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I could see the numbers on the scale today....without bending forward
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    As I was walking into Target today, I caught the reflection of my legs in the glass doors - and was kinda happily shocked! A few years ago I bought all long shorts, the longest bermudas or knee-length stuff I could find and still call 'em shorts, because I hated the way my legs looked - the fat had been creeping down from butt, to thigh, to my knees.... :noway:

But today I'm back in shorter shorts, and am very pleased with my leg progress!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!