What is your NSV for today?

Options

Replies

• ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I just bought last week new blouses (ones that would fit me better, I have lots of loose ones) and I wore one for the first time... and when I met with my brother to do some shopping, he said that he did not recognised me at first... in a good way.
    It's so nice to hear you lost weight from people that see you most often. :D
  • caly_man
    caly_man Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    my NSV

i've come to accept that it doesnt matter now how long it takes for the weight to come off

initially when i joined i wanted the weight to come off like yesterday, but today im at peace with my weight loss progress.

im lighter, my clothes fit better, im exercising again

im at a point where i can just continue with my good habits and forget about it

food choices has not been a difficult topic because i decided when i started that i wasn't going to change the kinds of food i was eating
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Today, I jumped my horse for the first time. In a treeless saddle. Because I was no longer over the weight limit for that!
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Last night I actually volunteered to go downstairs (three sets) to our basement to retreive hubby's clothes from dryer.... I ran down them, filled the laundry basket and walked back up, didn't stop at the landing as is the usual, and once I reached our bedroom I set the basket down and realized my chest wasn't heaving and I wasn't out of breath and dying. That was cool.
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I ran 7 kms this morning with 2 long hills. That is a lifetime best distance for me.
  • imtrinat
    imtrinat Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I've logged in 100 days in a row today :) woohoo!
  • lharper01
    lharper01 Posts: 29
    Options
    I buttoned a pair of size 14 pants today. They are still too tight to wear comfortably, but I have been a size 16/18 for the last 3 years, so I consider that major progress for about a month and a half on my journey. :-)
  • mackemom
    mackemom Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    In yoga today for the FIRST time ever, I could actually drop my overhead arm behind my back in extended right-angle pose and reach my supporting arm under my leg and touch my fingers together! My stomach has always been too big to do this, so I smiled to myself in shock that I can finally at least touch my fingers of one hand to another!!!
  • rachelannecraig
    Options
    I had two co-workers comment on my weight loss - they said it was noticeable! :happy:
  • jourdanerin
    jourdanerin Posts: 69
    Options
    I started MFP in February and it convinced my dad to start logging his calories too! He's lost 12lbs in 50 days :)

Glad I can help him get healthier so he will be around longer for the rest of the family :)
  • lesspaul
    lesspaul Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    10 regular push ups. When I started I could only do 2 knee push ups.
    Less weight to lift, and stronger muscles too!

On the down side, my former skinny clothes now fit, but are horrifically out of fashion.
  • btwinkles
    btwinkles Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Great NSV's. I went to the doctor and the nurse asked me if I was a runner after she took my blood pressure and heart rate, because "only runners have heart rates that low." I like that nurse!!

:smile:
  • btwinkles
    Options
    In yoga today for the FIRST time ever, I could actually drop my overhead arm behind my back in extended right-angle pose and reach my supporting arm under my leg and touch my fingers together! My stomach has always been too big to do this, so I smiled to myself in shock that I can finally at least touch my fingers of one hand to another!!!

I feel pretty wonderful when I get to do my pose too!! WTG! :happy:
  • VryIrishGirl76
    VryIrishGirl76 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Bought pants a few weeks ago that were a tad snug.....loving the fit today.
    :smile:
  • btwinkles
    Options
    Just purchased 2 jean skirts which I haven't wore in years....and they look great!! Last night I was tapping on my collar bone w/o thought until my hubby asked if I was okay!! yeah...tap,tap,tap...

Awesome!!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    In yoga, I pushed straight up from chataranga (sp?) EVERY TIME!
  • quiksylver296
    Options

That is SO hard! AWESOME!
  • btwinkles
    Options
    It's Spring...and I have nothing to wear!! everything is too big :happy: ...Not like last Spring where everything was too tight... So I just wear the ones that don't completely fall off and keep working at it. Still want another 20 pounds off..
  • kylaenslow
    kylaenslow Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    i suddenly realized this morning as i got dressed that i was using the hooks on my bra that make it the tightest...not so very long ago i was using the ones that make it the biggest!!!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    It's Spring...and I have nothing to wear!! everything is too big :happy: ...Not like last Spring where everything was too tight... So I just wear the ones that don't completely fall off and keep working at it. Still want another 20 pounds off..

that's so fun! I broke out some shorts I couldn't wear last summer, and they are almost too big this year!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!