What is your NSV for today?

Options

Replies

• sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Saw my SIL(hadn't seen her since January) and she insisted that I must weigh at least 145...HA...I'm a good 31 pounds over that! I told her my weight and she told me I was lying! She is now my favorite person!!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Having the strength and stamina for three hours of raking, turning soil with the garden claw ( good upper body work out) and hauling/spreading topsoil. Good workout now, organically-raised heirloom produce later.
  • Rev_no_Boosh
    Rev_no_Boosh Posts: 239
    Options
    I moved down to the lowest notch on my belt!!!
  • trixxyfrawg
    trixxyfrawg Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    First time posting, but this really made me smile and giddy all day. One of my favorite shirts that was a little tight in Jan which was the last time I wore it now hangs off me! I was so happy!
  • rochellewilson70
    Options
    My father died Tuesday. No, I did not worry about my calories. But I did log. It made me feel better to keep up my normal routine. That was a huge victory for me personally.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your dad. Take care of yourself.
  • TMartinFranklin
    Options
    I'm pretty new here, what is "NSV"??
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new here, what is "NSV"??
    Non-Scale Victories, in other word, any improvement that doesn't necessarily show on the weight scale.

Yesterday a cute girl did a double take on me. Four months ago I was invisible ;)
  • thingeringer
    thingeringer Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    So sorry about your dad. Good work for keeping this up - you had a good excuse and didn't use it.
  • bnorris2013
    bnorris2013 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Able to squeeze into some pants that I have not been able to wear for almost 8 years!
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Dear friends Joe and Diana are visiting us here in Hawaii. She has always been my "skinny" friend. They are both fit, active and trim.

We took them on our "see the Big Island tour" and went to Volcano National Park. In Thurston Lava Tube, a long, dark dimly lit.....um... old lava tube.....DH walked ahead of me next to Diana. He fondly put his arm around her shoulders and hugged her to him. Now, DH is demonstrative, and has no qualms about hugging friends and relatives. But this was not a friendly squeeze. This was the long-time-married-arm over the shoulder hug of a man and his wife.

And when DH looked over at her and smiled......his smile turned to shock when he realized it was Diana and not me that he so fondly squeezed.

Unfortunately, the tube was too dark for me to snap a picture of the look on his face.

And for me it was the ultimate flattery: My body was "akin" in his mind, to my skinny girlfriend!
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Hee hee, I can just imagine his look!

Today, I went running for the first time since I broke my rib in October, and managed to jump right in at week 3 of the C25k instead of having to start over!
  • RambyPandy
    RambyPandy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I bought a skirt a month ago in a size medium and forgot to return it because it was too tight. My pants got all wet on my way to work today, and I remembered I tucked away the skirt under my desk. Slipped it on and it fits great :) No returns!
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    yesterday my bench routine went like this

135 X 10
    185 X 10
    225 X 5
    225 X 5

and i didnt crush my throat
  • Hitem20
    Hitem20 Posts: 121
    Options
    Had quite possibly my best one yet today. I had a customer tell me that I looked really happy.
  • slimforparis
    slimforparis Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am loving this thread!

My NSV today: I'm wearing the watch my husband gave me for Christmas a few years ago but I couldn't get round my wrist last Christmas. I put it on this morning and it now fits comfortably - sweet!
  • chamorita79
    chamorita79 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My NSV for today was trying on my size 10 shorts and fitting into them comfortably!! In January when I started my journey I was wearing a size 18-20......so nice to be able to wear smaller clothes!!
  • Quest529
    Quest529 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    All my work is starting to show! A lady in my dog training class walked up to me and asked if I had lost a lot of weight. Then said I looked great! Awesome feeling! I appreciate my husband telling me I'm looking good, but it's nice when it's an "outsider."

Plus the ring mats we use weight between 100-200lbs (depending on the roll length) and I was able to pick them up by myself and load them on the cart :D
  • sarzee2
    sarzee2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I put on a belt I haven't worn in a while today and had to put it on the smallest hole! This is the first time I've ever really recognized an NSV so I was soooo excited!
  • lesspaul
    lesspaul Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I almost got sucked down the drain when I let the water out of the tub.

.... well at least I was afraid I would ...

:bigsmile:

Actual answer: Wore the belt I wore 30 years ago when I was in the army, and in the best shape of my life. And it was loose.
  • Quest529
    Quest529 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    The dog and I took the car for service work....and we jogged home :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!