You know it's becoming a lifestyle change when...

Options

Replies

• SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    1-When going to the grocery store and reading all the ingredients on the package and moving along.
    2-Being asked for dinner and going to their website to see what I can fit in
    3-Not eating ice cream every night.
  • aepdx
    aepdx Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I feel unbalanced if I don’t have a portion of dark, leafy greens every day. I don’t beat myself up for eating some dark chocolate and red wine once in a while. I haven’t bought beer in 5 months… and I don’t care!
  • Colombianchick29
    Colombianchick29 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    OOOH OOOH HERES A BETTER ONE, I USED TO BE KNOWN FOR ALWAYS HAVING A VENTI STARBUCKS DRINK...NOW I ORDER A GRANDE, AND IT TAKES ME 2 DAYS TO FINISH IT:laugh: ( ITS EXPENSIVE, SO YES, I DO PUT IT IN THE FRIDGE FOR THE NEXT DAY :laugh: )
  • kcface23
    kcface23 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    when you basically,eat,sleep and breathe working out,getting your calories, read fitness blogs daily. you only use pinterest for fitness stuff.,talking about fitness and calories.. and everyone around you is like stfu!

haha! ^^THIS!
  • Zinaga
    Zinaga Posts: 5
    Options
    When the Hubs makes bacon and I have no desire to eat any of it!
  • tnicmorris
    tnicmorris Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    The day you work out in the morning because you know you're going out to a restaurant for a friend's birthday.

Also, the day you look at the menu of said restaurant and pick your meal ahead of time so you know exactly how many calories you need to burn on your workout.
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    When I tell my 4 year old son that we need to run his brother to school, and he thinks that you literally mean running, in which situation he would get to ride in the jogging stroller, which he loves. But no, we took the car this morning :bigsmile:

When I got mad that I couldn't run because I had shin splints, not mad that I had a painful injury.

When MFP becomes the home screen of my web browser.

When I'm not afraid to tell someone what I weigh, even though I still have a long way to go. 237 right now!

When water is nearly the only source of liquid hydration used. (1 cup of coffee every morning, occasionally have a glass of milk, otherwise it's water and lots of it!)

When I'm willing to spend $120 on a pair of running shoes.

When clothes shopping consists of looking for sports bras and running pants.

When my husband offers to bring me home a Blizzard, and I say no thank you. And he brings one home for himself, and I don't ask for a bite.

When I switched from nonfat milk to 1% milk. Yes, fat in the diet is a good thing!

I could keep going, but these are the things that come easily to mind today!
  • tnicmorris
    tnicmorris Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    This is fun...I've got another one.

The night I became a buzz kill at a bar because I told my friends that I didn't want to drink that night because it was too many empty calories.
  • JodieP13
    JodieP13 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    When I started ordering my meals with a 'to go' box at restaraunts. I halve the portion that put in front of me and take the rest home for lunch the next day.
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I love reading all these responses while nodding and thinking, "me too!"

I noticed things have really changed when I drove by a fast food restaurant and could smell the food and felt sick. I was on my way to Zumba, another lifestyle change :happy:

Finding "clean eating" recipes and noticing healthier burger options and realizing that I don't even WANT to make healthy burgers!
  • Way2slk
    Way2slk Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    If you use: www.loseit.com to look up restaurant food and supermarket food.... You will be amazed at what we WERE eating. Brand new lifestyle.. I am a label reading FOOL.
  • Inarific
    Inarific Posts: 29
    Options
    I'm going to bump this to read later. :)
  • FishingFan123
    FishingFan123 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You plan your day around your gym session lol, when to eat, when to go in to work etc.

+1
  • j724mecham
    j724mecham Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    when you basically,eat,sleep and breathe working out,getting your calories, read fitness blogs daily. you only use pinterest for fitness stuff.,talking about fitness and calories.. and everyone around you is like stfu!

This times 100%. I feel like an MFP recruit.
  • sweettea1024
    Options
    You can't wait for break time at work so you can get your 15 minute walk in.:wink:
  • j724mecham
    j724mecham Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    when I calculate the amount of calories my husband consumes while snacking late at night instead of joining in

when I spend more time on MFP than Facebook

when I knew what Macros, TDEE, BMR, and all the other lingo meant

I can't wait to do my weigh-in and measurement on Saturday morning to see how well I've done
  • FishingFan123
    FishingFan123 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    When I ate salad for Thanksgiving, & everyone else had Thanksgiving dinner.

However, I feel cursed around these skinny mini people who can be athletic & I am loaded with arthritis (before I was even fat). :(
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    When I looked up the calories of my favorite winter lager and - appalled, only drank half the bottle and handed the rest to my SO to finish.
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Haha yes, when you annoy everyone around you, that's when you know
  • pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    When your on MFP more than Facebook

When your mad you have a cold and cant workout because it makes your head pound (current crap!)

When you realize your going to be over calories, which rarely happens and try to figure out ways to squeeze a workout in.

When you like DOMS because it means progress.

When you suprise your husband saying your going to the gym and 1 1/2 hrs later he calls your phone to ask if your ok :laugh: