Covering Up A Multitude Of Sins...Really Scary

Options

Replies

• Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    My 'coach' and I went to the pool again today. I found out that a 'lap' is not the length of the pool. It is there and back; so, today I did 12.5 laps. My tough, old 'coach' said..."15 laps tomorrow." I heard 'Coach Ed' boasting to a couple of people in the pool that "My wife has lost 53 pounds, and she is doing laps...even with 2 bad knees." It is such a good feeling to know that my man is proud of me. :smooched:
  • Hanfordrose
    Options
    you are absolutely beautiful and to come out and tell your story and show your pictures, my step mom is a lot larger than you are and right now she is going through a lot. I wish I could get her the support that we all have here but my dad still will not allow a computer in his house so she is over 250lbs closer to 300 think she has lost some she was even larger, and now I believe we are losing her to her kidneys and he still will not let anyone help her

She may not have a computer, but she has you. Make sure that you talk to her often...and please, make sure that she know that God loves her and wants the best for her. God can often do for people what we cannot. :flowerforyou:
    its going to be a long time before I become comfortable in a bathing suit also and I don't have quite as much left as you to reach my goal.

Don't wait, Sis. It took a little bit of courage; but the reward was AMAZING. Don't deny yourself something that is so wonderful for you. :wink:
  • GregoriusPapachristou
    Options
    Wow!!! Great job.. More power to ya! I'm just starting my journey.. I might post some before pic's once i get a desent after.. LOL
  • gailmelanie
    gailmelanie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I appreciate the honesty and thank you for sharing your pictures. What I'm glad to see and what I can relate to just as much as the fear, shame and embarassment of having a less-than-perfect (or not even close) body is that you have decided to live your life unappologetically, finally. I see, in your pictures, what you say you see, but I also see that while the appearance can't be denied, it can be overlooked, meaning I can see past that to a courageous woman, one who has something other than physical beauty (and you have some of that, too, in that you are still alive with a functioning body, which makes it perfect, really) that others see and can find attractive and lovable. I'm going to try to remind myself that I have that, too, and I'm grateful for everyone who is willing to look deeper than superficial appearances to find me and what else may be beautiful about me. I would also like to hear about what goes on in you head, now that you've been so honest with yourself and us. Do you still feel embarassed or have you given that up? Does it still hurt, all the negative comments your family made to you, or have you given that up too? And if you have let all that go, how did you do it and how does it feel now?
  • RachelX04
    RachelX04 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    you are doing an amazing job and many thanks to you for posting the truth. You are one strong lady and I wish you well with your journey. Your bravery is an inspiration to everyone. thank you.
  • losing_it_2013
    losing_it_2013 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    What an amazing story. Thanks for having the courage to share. Can't wait to see your final photos!!!
  • Hanfordrose
    Options
    I would also like to hear about what goes on in you head, now that you've been so honest with yourself and us. Do you still feel embarassed or have you given that up? Does it still hurt, all the negative comments your family made to you, or have you given that up too? And if you have let all that go, how did you do it and how does it feel now?

It is interesting that you asked that question today, because I did a post on that very topic this morning. Here is a link to my blog, entitled...Setting The Chubby Girl Free. It speaks to all of those questions.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Hanfordrose/view/setting-the-chubby-girl-free-543149
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    This was so inspiring to me. ((Yea I cried too)) I think what I love most about this is the love your husband has for you. Unconditional. Forever kind of love. Thank you so much for sharing your story, and posting your pics. Honesty at its best. :flowerforyou:
  • samanthachen
    samanthachen Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I said it in my last comment on your last post, and I will say it again:

You look amazing! The look on your face shows how proud you are!

Of course, we all did this to ourselves (for the most part), and it's our fault (yadda yadda yadda), but YOU are making the effort to change and get healthier and happier! For that, and so much more, you look beautiful!
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I love this post and YOU for sharing this! You have a wonderful can-do attitude and are brave and determined!

No wonder that you are so loved by your hubby and others!

Keep up the great work!
  • smithfive
    smithfive Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • Britterboo22
    Britterboo22 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Youre looking great grannie!!! I love how youre still wearing a smile while baring it all!
    the swimsuit is so very cute and I love your lil blue slippers.
    I too will have to bare the unwanted of what ive become and what im working so hard to change when I finally get there.
    You've worked so hard and youre doing so great!
    you have a hubby who supports and loves you no matter what and that's the best kind to have!
    truly my inspiration!!! xoxo
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    You are a rock star in my eyes! Thanks so much for posting that! I'm going to have to do the same. *deep breaths*
  • RedheadQuine
    RedheadQuine Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Awesome pics, thanks so much for sharing! I love when bigger people share success stories.. really inspires me! :D
  • keegalie
    keegalie Posts: 82
    Options
    Very courageous of you! Congrats on your success thus far! You and your husband are so cute :heart:
  • aheartofiron
    Options
    Dabnammit, woman! Your posts make the onion fairy appear miraculously at my desk. *sniff*sniff*

You are a vibrant, wonderful, brave example for us all. :flowerforyou:
  • marybowldseddington
    marybowldseddington Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I think you look adorable! I don't know you but your smile shines through in all of your pictures. You are owning up to your weight and every lb counts. 29 lbs is awesome....Next year on here with consistency it can be 129!

I love it that your husband thinks your sexy..go you! To have a lover through out your journey is a benefit in more ways than one!
  • meech2sandy
    Options
    That is Fantastic! Way to go!
  • scubabetty
    scubabetty Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You are awesome! I find myself checking in on your blog regularly and I just love your spunk! Keep it up!
  • resilient86
    Options
    Absolutely love your courage. Great work on the weight loss so far! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!