Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @helena--great NSV with the shirt!!! :drinker: Glad deputy is doing better too.

@kaye--sending good thoughts for your surgery tomorrow! :flowerforyou: I can't remember if I already commented, but the afghan and pheonox were both incredible!! And, yes, those grands of yours are adorable!

AFM--I walked gunner and mowed the lawn. Afterwards, I did my 30 DS but I skipped the gym today. I was all itchy from the grass clippings, and mowing the lawn is such a big calorie burn already. :ohwell:

Exercise Goals:
    Sat--walk gunner DONE + run NOT DONE + 30 DS NOT DONE
    Sun--walk gunner DONE + 30 DS DONE + run DONE
    Mon--walk gunner DONE + gym NOT DONE + 30 DS DONE
    Tues--walk gunner + 30 DS
    Wed--walk gunner + gym
    Thurs--walk gunner + run + 30 DS
    Fri--walk gunner + 30 DS
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    @Kaye - Good luck with your surgery, we'll all be here waiting to hear how it went!
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    I have learned many things from my Dad. He was born and raised in Cambridge MD and he loves to tell stories. The stories tend to change a little with each telling. He worked a variety of jobs for the state government and for a local movie theater. The theater was great since we were able to see movies for free and when I was 15, I got my first job at the theater where he once worked. He still loves Ocean City where he spent many summers as a kid and an adult. That was a favorite vacation spot sadly he doesn't get to hit the beach anymore, since walking is so difficult and my mom can't push him in a wheel chair. He also served in the Air Force for a tour of duty.

Kaye- Good luck with the surgery and rehab.

Monday Check in- It was a great day. Finished at school today now just to get through a couple of meetings this week. I did buy a new bathing suit today and it a size smaller than last year so I am happy about that. Today I jogged a half mile non-stop. I did this with my trainer so we keep it to a slow jog/fast walk pace. It worked really well and I had a great workout. It started with the ARC Trainer for 10 minutes then onto running and walking drills and skills. I never knew how much there was to running and learning to run. Lesson learned from today's workout is that I can eat dinner right when I get home from the workout. I am still not feeling great from dinner.

Well, I think it became official today, I will be training for a 5K to be completed in the fall when it is cooler here and hopefully less humid. The goal is to complete the 5K training at least 2x a week. My ultimate goal will be to complete a sprint triathlon by next April. My trainer did tell about some triathlons that limit the amount of time you have for each section and you do as much as you can in that time frame. I really like this idea since I can do anything for a set period of time so I may start with that type of triathlon. It is hard to believe that I am actually seriously doing a 5K and eventually a sprint triathlon- this would not have been a consideration 3 years ago.
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hi all just jumping on real quick to say hi and I haven't forgotten you all. As usual everyhting is crazy when the hubby is home and tomorrow we hit the road to pick my son up from school in Wyoming. I will be thinking about and rooting for all of you while I am gone. Have a great week everybody and I will catch up with you next week.:bigsmile: :heart:
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Its been a good day. I have accomplished most of the most important things that I needed to get done, so that is good. We had a good time with family this evening. The food was great and completely blew it!
    I'll be checking in again as soon as I can. Kaye
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Best of luck Grandma Kaye...I'll pray for your surgeon and for you!!!
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Good Luck Grandma Kaye i will be praying for you !
    I am still on the 3 day diet was on vacation last week and now i am back on track !
    My goal this week is to log onto this message board more often i love the support that i get on here and you all are doing an amazing job !
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Kaye - thinking about you today - lotsa prayers coming your way.

Laurie - so happy your new trainer is offering you new goals that excite you and spur your imagination and getting you excited.

Helena - glad to hear from you and that you had a shirt NSV.

jt- so happy your hubby is keeping you busy!

kris - nice to see you pop in. Good to see your diet is working for you.

I broke down yesterday and ordered shoes from a catalog - one pair of sandals and one pair of tennis-shoe slides, needed them badly and can't seem to get out shopping ever. Heres hoping they fit.At least my size was available - that's a plus.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

@Kaye~We’ll be thinking of you through your surgery today, I hope you have a quick and painless recovery as well.
    @Laurie~I can’t eat a meal immediately following a workout either, my trainer stresses the importance of protein afterwards so I do try to have a protein shake – that’s about all my stomach can handle though. Great goals for the 5K and the sprint triathlon.

Tuesday Goals~To get through the day without falling asleep. Didn’t get home until after 10 last night, didn’t fall asleep until after midnight and woke up at 2am – I think I fell asleep again around 4 only to have to get up at 5. I feel hungover. :grumble:
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your prayers and good thoughts. They are greatly appreciated. I hope to be back to posting soon.
    Kaye
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Goals: Well today my goal is to get home and get level 2 of the 30ds started. I didn't get up this morning. I didn't know i turned my alarm clock off when it went off this morning...I was really tired and just didn't get up. So I WILL be doing it when I get home from work today. I completed level 1 yesterday!

I watched a video on level 2 though....oh boy I am in for it today!

I haven't had time to catch up with everyone, hopefully I can do that this evening!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Tina
  • AnnaMW2013
    AnnaMW2013 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I know this will turn over to a new thread soon but I had to drop in an say Hi!
    I've been a member of MFP for a while now and had started my weight loss journey a year ago, then life happened. We had a storm that went through and left us without power for a week, then my (then bf) lost his dad to MS a week later, a month after that I lost my grandma (she was 68). Then school started (I'm a teacher), I started my Master's, got engaged, got married, graduated, and worked on switching my grade level to the new standards. Needless to say getting healthy got put on the back burner.
    BUT
    Now it's summer again, and I'm making getting healthy my job. I started CLX 3 weeks ago and am loving it. 5.4 pounds down and gaining back the muscle my body missed!
    SW- 280
    CW- 274.6
    GW 1- 252
    GW- 180 (eventually 150)

8f2b9fca-6796-495f-9728-5ac921d2c8fe.jpg

I'm leaving for Minnesota on Friday (a 14 hour drive) to stay with my sister for a week before her wedding. I'm working on a plan to keep myself active and healthy while visiting!
  • CharliesAngelz
    Options
    Two years ago I weighed 285lbs and now I hover around 250lbs. I've been as low as 236lbs too, but my weight keeps shifting constantly. I know I have to push myself more physically, but the motivation isn't there.

My goal is to be at 175lbs and it seems so far still.

A :)
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

This week I want to lose some weight. I need to get into the 250’s. I had no late night snacks last night. I hurt my foot and walking has been minimal. I need to do some strength training which I’ll do tonight before the AHL Calder Cup finals game tonight.
    Let’s go Griffins! Bruins looked good last night. Next games WED, JUN 19, SAT, JUN 22, if needed MON, JUN 24, WED, JUN 26.

Kaye- best wishes for you and your caregivers!

Kelly- I read that I need at least 6 hours of sleep a night so I’m going to work on that. The fitbit says I get under six almost everynight.

RobinsEgg- I ordered my current shoes online and they are kind of funky looking but real comfortable and they fit great. Diabetic feet can require some funky shoes. shoe_zps55db719a.jpg

Quote of the day; - “Smooth seas do not make skillful sailors.” ~African Proverb
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Welcome MommyLamb and Charlie's Angel!!

Charlies Angel - It does seem daunting when you have a lot. I started at 180lbs overweight. I suggest breaking it down into chunks. 20/30/50lbs. Whatever works best for you. Set a reasonable date to lose that amount and work towards it. If I'm faced with an amazing dessert and I'm only 2lbs away from goal, it's MUCH easier to turn down than if I'm 178lbs away from goal (if that makes sense). We have more than one person on here who sets their ticker to that goal as well. And then when they hit it they change their ticker to the next 20/30/50lb goal.

Robin and Mr. M. I always order my shoes online as well. I always got the same brand/style, the New Balance 950s (I think they are 950s, the page is bookmarked on my iMac). This last time I didn't get those, I thought I'd go cheap and went to Famous Footwear. I got New Balance, just a different model. *BIG* mistake. My feet hurt whenever I wear them and I wind up wearing my old gungy ones to walk in because they are more comfortable. Now I need to save up another 120 bucks for the good ones again. Sometimes it just doesn't pay to take a short cut...
  • kah68
    Options
    @Tom~I've been forgetting to wear my Fitbit to bed lately, but average 6-7 hours a night when I remember. I don't know what the problem was last night - took me forever to fall asleep, then Zoe woke me up playing with my hair of all things, then of course I had to pee. Geez! I think last last I got 3-4 - I can function on 6, but anything less and I'm grumpy.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Hi Guys!

Welcome to the newlings!! :flowerforyou: Stick with us as we roll over to a new thread--don't get lost!

@kelley--during the school year I average 6 hrs/night during the work week. However, I tend to sleep 7-8 on the weekends. Summer is more up and down, but overall I know I get more than when I'm working. Gunner has also been waking us during the night due to critters out and about--we have a lot of foxes roaming the neighborhood lately and that gets him all riled up. :grumble:

@kris--I feel the same way about my running shoes. I tend to spend more on them than I would like; however, the few times I've tried a less expensive style/brand, I've regretted it. I totally agree that it doesn't pay off in the long run (no pun intended :laugh: ).

@tom--I was very disappointed in the Hawks' performance last night (other than Crawford--he played like a boss!). Really hoping they win tomorrow night to retain home ice advantage. They're really gonna have to turn it around to do so... I hope your foot heals quickly so you can get back to walking more. Good job with no evening snacks--that's really hard! I've heard that African proverb before and love it!

@tina--good luck with level 2 of 30 DS--I've heard it's tougher, but also more fun--I will be watching the video tonight. I'm getting kind of bored of level 1, but only have 2 days left of it.

@kris1085--gladd you're still around--it's good to see you again!

@laurie--I'm really excited to hear you decided to do the 5k! I really LOVE doing them, but I realize running's not for everyone, so I try not to be too pushy about it. I have some runner friends who try to talk everyone into running and I don't want to turn into THAT person. :laugh: I also found that "time limit" triathlon really interesting; I would never do a tri b/c I can't swim that well, but it soulds like a really great way to ease into them. You will easily be ready for a fall 5k if you are running 2x/week.

Tuesday Goals:
    Well, I got up and did 30 DS before going to meet some friends for brunch--that's a big deal for me b/c I'm not big on morning exercise. However, I knew once I showered for the day, I wouldn't want to do so again later on. I still need to walk gunner, but am waiting for the sun to go down just a bit so it's not so hot for him.

Another exercise goal is to get to my current gym tomorrow b/c my membership there expires on Thursday. I've already signed up for my free 30-day trial at SNAP fitness. My materials should be here in the next day or 2 and then I can schedule my orientaion to go learn about their equipment. I'm a bit nervous to switch gyms, but I keep telling myself that it's only for a few weeks until I leave for vacation. If I don't like SNAP, I will renew my current membership when I get back from Zurich. ANd who knows maybe it will be a whole lot better. :happy:

Aside from exercise, I'd been talking about doing that 30 day power purge. I began with my kitchen and got through the fridge. I also cleaned out one cabinet, but then weekend plans with family took priority. My DH was home the past 2 days so we did yard work together rather than cleaning inside. Tomorrow, he works all day, so I will continue with the kitchen then.

Oh, and for those of you wondering, my dining room table still needs de-cluttering. :tongue:

Exercise Goals:
    Sat--walk gunner DONE + run NOT DONE + 30 DS NOT DONE
    Sun--walk gunner DONE + 30 DS DONE + run DONE
    Mon--walk gunner DONE + gym NOT DONE + 30 DS DONE
    Tues--walk gunner NOT YET + 30 DS DONE
    Wed--walk gunner + gym
    Thurs--walk gunner + run + 30 DS
    Fri--walk gunner + 30 DS
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    MowMow - I like New Balance too. This time I tried Teva for the sandals and Propet for the slide-tennies. I don't have a clue if I will like them but they both seem to be well constructed and wide in the toe bed where I need it. I will be ordering New Balance for my winter walking shoes.

Tom - I like the look of your shoes. I have a black pair of shoes JUST like them for winter "dress up" :laugh:

Welcome to the newbies. We will be rolling over the thread at the end of this page, so follow the link at the bottom of the page to the new thread. We don 't want to lose you!. You will find great friends here!

Skinny = my dining table is a catch all for my papers too! Aack! Lets both think of a permanent solution for them so they disappear from our tables forever! Time to put on our thinking caps. A nice wicker box so we can stow it someplace when company comes over? A file box on the wall in an unobtrusive place? :huh:

Tonights goal: To get my squats done.
  • kah68
    Options
    My dining room table is a catch all too - is so convenient when I come in from the garage. In fact, I just was going over some things on mine - picked up 6 Wall Street Journals, 2 of which were still in the bag!

I hit a wall about 2pm so exercise goals for the week changed, just had to come home and nap. :yawn:

Sunday~Training DONE!
    Monday~Rest Day
    Tuesday~Gym. Nope, too tired.
    Wednesday~Training
    Thursday~Gym
    Friday~No gym, catch up on housework.
    Saturday~Gym, swim most likely
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @robin & kelley--I really do need to figure a solution for the dining table. Robin--I wish it were just papers! If that were the case it would just be a matter of putting them away. However, it's an odd collection of all kinds of miscellany from both me and the DH. I tried a little basket, but now that's full. :ohwell: Most of what's in the basket has been there for a year or more, so it is probably garbage-bound. The women who makes the 30-day power purge videos has a method of attacking junk drawers. She sets a kitchen timer for 15 minutes and then starts sorting through the junk. She makes 3 piles: throw away, put away, or leave it there. I'm going to use this method on the dining table tomorrow minus the "leave it there" pile.