21 day Challenge - JOIN IN

Options

Replies

• Cherry_T
    Cherry_T Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I find strength training and cardio need a little distance. Today I did some squats! 120lbs x 15 x 6. Stairs are now my natural enemy!
  • bjune5
    bjune5 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Day 13 (6/17): Butts and Guts toning class.
  • Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    @ etaylor....

Great work on DAY 19 of your round 2 - .... The end of another round in sight.

@ Jessie

Excellent work on days 5 - 9 .... and a great variety!! Good for you!!

@ Cherry_T

WELCOME TO THE CHALLENGE!! you will find a variety of activities in the challenge with all the participants.. We look forward to your sharing with us!

@ bjune5

Great work on your Day 13! Butts and Guts sounds like an interesting class!!

:flowerforyou:
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Round 4 - Day 1 - 18 June 2013

Recorded 45 min of walking today - not a fast pace - but I was at it!!

keeping it going!

• kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Round 3, day 17

Think I tried to kill myself, but I didn't succeed.

3 flights of stairs (finally, the knee cooperated!) carrying my 10 - 12 pound pack

50 mins on the weights - anyone have suggestions for the next step up from the abductor/adductor leg machine? I've almost topped out the weight stack on this one.

50 mins swimming - 400 m each freestyle and back stroke, 100 m butterfly, 550 m breast stroke (Cut things a little short due to the weights right before, and the OTHER knee is now talking. Go figure!)

@ tazmac

Nice start for your 4th round! Keep putting those feet one in front of the other!

@ etaylor

You are doing great! Keep it going strong!

@ jezy

Nice variety! Keep it up!

@ Cherry

Another welcome! Look forward to seeing your check ins and progress!

@ bjune

Great solidarity! It's fun watching your rotation, starting to get some ideas for my own routine shake ups.
  • Lilloise
    Lilloise Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    @ kcaffee1: Wow! You've had a great day!

Ok this last week has not been great so I'm starting again.

Round 1, Day 1:

Elliptical training and a circuit class. I also set an alarm on my computer to remind me to get up from my desk every 30 mins. It feels great to get back into moving :)
  • ellen_kay
    ellen_kay Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Round 2 day 20 -- did a 46 min walk at 3.0 mph. Was going to try getting back to C25K, but it just wasn't happening. I think I need to get up and try running in the morning when my legs are fresh. Seem my morning runs go much better than the evening ones.
  • bjune5
    Options
    Day 14(6/18) Step Class. Another great class. 3 more friends joined us for the first time and loved it. After it was over of course.LOL
    Everything is sore from my waist down. But it was a terrific burn.
    Yep, as several have noticed, i like variety in my workouts. And I've been doing mostly classes.

Keep it going everyone!
  • jezy_jass
    jezy_jass Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    day 10 (woo whoo, double digits!) 6/19 - nike trainer & running (2.5 hilly outdoor trail)
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Round 4 - Day 2 - 19 June 2013

Recorded 20 min of walking today - not a fast pace - back and forth to appointments...

More effort / energy required.....

Great to see all the other check ins today!!

Way to go to all of you!
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Round 4 - Day 3 - 20 June 2013

Treadmill (TM) walk this morning 41 min @ 3.5 pace (no incline)

Walk in before 7:00am! Have several appts today - so will be able to add more later on today.....

Hope you all have a GREAT day!

• kcaffee1
    Options
    Round 3, day 17

Yesterday was cut short - got some more weed eating done. But, while I was weeding the flower bed again, found a big wasp nest. Red wasps and I don't get along, and before I could get the wasp spray on them, one found me.

30 mins weed eating
    60 mins (approximate) weeding

@ tazmac

Nice days 2 and 3! Keep it going!

@ Jezzy

Great job! You're half way there, and doing great! Does this make the first or second weekend you've stayed active despite the old habits? Keep it going, you're doing great!

@ bjune

Classes count! They keep you moving, and give you a little extra push. Keep it up!

@ etaylor

Great walk! I wouldn't dream of trying to run at any time. But, that's me. Not coordinated enough - which is why I swim. ::Grins:: You are doing great!

@ Lilloise

Great day 1 restart. You'll make it!
  • jezy_jass
    Options
    day 11 (over half way!) 9/20 = NIke trainer (got up at 5am to do this!) If I get cut from 2nd work I am going to try to squeeze in an evening run too!

Hope y'all have a fun, festive & active weekend!! :drinker:
  • ellen_kay
    Options
    Round 2 day 21 -- 2nd round over. did 20 min circuit training and then 35 on the bike. Came home and my neighbors were cutting down the bushes in front of their house. So I grabbed my clippers and a saw and spent the next 45 mins helping them. So tired.
  • ellen_kay
    Options
    Round 3, day 17

Yesterday was cut short - got some more weed eating done. But, while I was weeding the flower bed again, found a big wasp nest. Red wasps and I don't get along, and before I could get the wasp spray on them, one found me.

30 mins weed eating
    60 mins (approximate) weeding

@ tazmac

Nice days 2 and 3! Keep it going!

@ Jezzy

Great job! You're half way there, and doing great! Does this make the first or second weekend you've stayed active despite the old habits? Keep it going, you're doing great!

@ bjune

Classes count! They keep you moving, and give you a little extra push. Keep it up!

@ etaylor

Great walk! I wouldn't dream of trying to run at any time. But, that's me. Not coordinated enough - which is why I swim. ::Grins:: You are doing great!

@ Lilloise

Great day 1 restart. You'll make it!

I love your swimming, mostly because I am jealous. Would love to be able to swim. I know I could do it, but my fear of drowning and not being able to swim well stops me (and I let it) Need to conquer my demons.
  • bjune5
    Options
    Day 15(6/19): 1/2 mile jog & Get Results Class - High intensity cardio. Combines step, kickboxing, and whatever else my crazy instructor thinks of. I think I burned a good 800 calories. Gota get that HRM. My Birthday is next week, so perhaps I'll treat myself.

Same instructor as step the previous day. Can't believe I did his class back-to-back. I was joining a friend who said she would go if I went. Well she didn't get a ride, but I did it anyway.
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    @ Jezy

Wonderful day! I've seen several posts where people say that morning is the only time (or most likely time to guarantee) their workouts. You are doing wonderful! Keep up the excellent work!

@ etaylor

What a wonderfully strong end to your second round! Look forward to seeing you back for round 3.

@ bjune

Sounds like a fun class. If you want, I can post a site that has a good reputation for calorie burns for running. I found it because my HRM is a watch only, no strap, and it kept getting screwy readings when I tried to do any zumba activities. I was looking for something that would give a close-to-accurate burn, and this site was the one most commonly referred to. It has calculators for running and swimming as well, which is where I think you may find it useful. (I've had the swimming side verified, and it's close, but not as accurate as the zumba.)

Round 3, day 18

Weights today - about 45 minutes of picking up the heavy stuff and putting it back down. the other 10 minutes or so were accessory calisthenics. Found a set of muscles I haven't been working as hard as I should have - tummy is a bit sore right now.

The HRM pedometer reports a 29 minute walk over a mile distance. (Mostly walking between class/gym/car/movie theater, so I wasn't pushing hard on that.)

And a little light cleaning tossed in. Wasn't planning on that, but when I went to clean up a small mess, wound up cleaning the whole room once I'd started. ::Grins:: Talk about a change - it used to be I'd have just cleaned up the mess, and left the rest for "tomorrow". But, that "tomorrow" wouldn't get here unless mom screamed at me to clean my room. So, the habit of moving has definitely sunk it's roots in nice and deep! Now to keep it growing!
  • Lilloise
    Lilloise Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Round 1 Day 2 (yesterday): 45 mins personal training session and 45 general gym work (10 mins on treadmill + strength training)

Round 1 Day 3: 2 x yoga classes. Sooo out of practice!!
  • jezy_jass
    Options
    Hopefully this weekend goes as follows!?!?

Day 12, 9/21 = Walky walky walky...plan is to get a few miles in this evening
    Day 13, 9/22 = Morning run or bike ride & nike trainer on the xbox
    Day 14, 9/23 = have to work :frown: but going to attemp to get at least 3 miles on the elliptical in first!

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!! :drinker: Stay active & enjoy!
  • ellen_kay
    Options
    Round 3 day 1 -- legs still saying "no" to running. So, I walked for an hour and did 3.45 miles. Went to bed early.