Covering Up A Multitude Of Sins...Really Scary

Options
12345679»

Replies

• comforter
    comforter Posts: 39
    Options
    Great job! I think we can accomplish most anything in this life with the uncnditional love of another human. You are so blessed a woman to have that handsome, supportive and loving swimming coach! :) Good for you!! :)
  • LibertyBelle89
    Options
    you are doing great, keep it up! this has to be my favorite before/during/after post ever...i love your spunk & personality :)
  • Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Kuddos to you and your attitude! You seem to be a lovely woman and I wish you all the best!!:flowerforyou: You're lucky to have such a great loving supporter in your life! Keep up your great work!

PS: I didn't get scared by your photos. We are often our worst critic...
  • jamrican9
    jamrican9 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great attitude that you have, it takes courage to admit insecurites. Alot of times, people are only aware of our insecurities if we pay fault to it. Once you face your fears, you truly do feel like a new person and that weight of self consciousness goes away!
  • jniels1975
    jniels1975 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you, I love your smile and appreciation for the love that you have with your husband. It is so special to know that no matter if you had 3 heads he would still be in love with the great lady you are. I liked this post!
  • fooninie
    fooninie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    You're doing so great! Thanks for sharing in a very funny, but honest way!
  • CuteMonkeyGal
    CuteMonkeyGal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Your post made me smile. :)
  • amyniceneasy
    amyniceneasy Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Your one of those women....the one one who walks in a room and everyone gravitates too. It's your smile. Its the one that lights up the room.

I
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your wonderful words of encouragement.

I just updated one one of my other posts, but it also seems to fit here as well.

Ed and I just got back from the pool. I did my 20 laps today...a miracle, considering that 8 laps was a real effort last week.

Ed was there for the last 10 laps and started cheering loudly, when I turned over to my back for the final leg of lap 20. He was there, when I touched the wall and stood in the shallow end. I fully expected him to tease me and say, "Now, just 10 more." or some other silly thing. Instead, he looked at me with a smile and said, "Time to get Mama in some warm water, before those muscles cramp up."

Then, Ed helped me out of pool, wrapped me in a big towel and put me in my wheelchair. He rolled me across the hot patio to the spa and made sure that I was safely in that bubbling water, before he went back to gather up the rest of our stuff by the pool.

I did 20 laps in 50 minutes this morning, followed by 10 minutes of down time in the spa. Now, that's what I call a good hour of workout.

We're going back to the pool tomorrow, and I can hardly wait. :happy:

By the way, I lost 1.6 pounds in the past week. That swimming doesn't seem to be hurting my weight loss either.
  • katiekate58
    Options
    Congrats on your success so far! You look great, and you're much braver then I am!

Keep up the great work!
  • mrsriisky
    mrsriisky Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Kudos for the courage to accept where you were and celebrate where you are, and where you are going!!!! For what it's worth, even the before pictures can't hide your beautiful smile and spirit :)
  • makenoexcuses
    makenoexcuses Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm 18 years old and I can't even except my body the same way that you do! I think you're an extremely inspiring person and I give you mad props for doing this. There's no need to hide that body! Congrats on all your hard work! :flowerforyou:
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I love this post!! You have so many reasons to be very proud of yourself!! You go girl!!!! You look great!
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I saw your post back in April and loved your before and afters then. This is awesome- your determination and optimism are contagious :D
    My 70y.o. Mom has arthritis pretty bad and had injured her knee a few years back. she just had a single partial replacement in February. biggest takeaway is how important it is to work your tail off at PT so you get range of motion back before scar tissues can form. You are gonna do great - I can tell!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!